sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

To be honest we would kill to find someone to help upgrade our uniforms to standards only depicted in mods like Deltahawk's USM mod. One can only dream  :wub:

• Like 1

Hey if you want to genuinely have a crack, contact Sgt_Savage in a PM for details to talk and such.

I'm sorry, I didn't intent to convey the idea that I wanted to have a crack at it. Was just relaying some information. :)

SOUND ENGINEER REQUIRED

The unsung requires the skills of a sound tech that is familiar with Arma 3 sound shaders etc. I have laid down the base sounds but we need someone to add the final touch to bring it up to A3 standards. If this is you please PM me personally. :)

SaV

• Like 2

new sten suppressor in the pipeline from Howells - ain't she lovely?

Awesome for clandestine ops.

BTW was that already available in WW2?

If so, it'd be great if you could share it with the Faces of War team.

I'm sure that Charlie would be happy to gain some of that WW2 French and Soviet surplus.

BTW was that already available in WW2?

Think it was, but only going on the kit in Hidden & Dangerous 2 :)

yeah it was designed for commando and OSS/ resistance use

there weren't a lot of GI military suppressors about when vietnam got into full swing

at one point an order went out from okinawa (hq of SOG) to all friendly militaries around the world for any suppressed weapons they could supply.

this is why we have suppressed sterling, sten, m3, m/45, ppk, ruger, etc

some US companies got involved and made the m16, m14 and m1911 suppressors

they even made an ak suppressor for SOG to take behind the lines.

regarding sharing it, it belongs to Howells, so it's up to him.

I should add - team morale is sky high right now.

Special mention goes out to Jones and Willithappen for coming on board for Delta development, without these awesome guys, we'd be struggling in terms of throughput

Jones' new map Song Cu looks awesome

Londo is working on khe sanh - painstaking tree planting on an epic scale

Variable is working on his Nam map, also giant scale fighting terrain that looks beautiful

Tetet is busting a nut on the radios and tanks at the moment.

Razorback is being very patient, stopping work on his amazing Rung Sat and Da Krong maps and picking up model fixing projects i keep throwing at him.

Sav's new sounds are adding more depth (again) - we keep getting surpirses from him

Dragon has sorted the unit configs, adding all these new weapons to the units, and Jones and Will are fixing backpacks and groups, so the AI will have more mags for fire-fights

(we realised that magazines array was getting truncated as it does not overflow into backpack like it did in A2) - it's tedious copy n paste detail work, but they have risen to it without a grumble.

Stone keeps adding more authentic gear for the units, his attention to historical detail amazes us all, he also fixed up a ton of old maps and got me interested in importing them to the mod.

ce525 has rejoined the team and supplied us with a lot of missing pieces in terms of 3d models we had not seen unbinarized for years, enabling us to fix annoying plants and huts and bunkers from A2

Opendome is working on ALIVE compatibility

Barden and the PR team keep us chipper with their chat, plans, vids and pics

special thanks for this phase of work must go to the following completely altruistic individuals who have helped us fix problems or develop ideas into reality:

- Luchador: for his amazing 3d models, built to order for us all to enjoy

- hcpookie for his ridiculously prolific output in 2.6, which we are still importing a year into the project.

- Tim Bergholz from Ubisoft for his amazing quality mk2 grenade

- Ramamarine and his team for getting us excited about Echo potential - just wait til you see what they have in store for Echo!

- Hoverguy for his elegant world sorting UI code

- Pufu, wld427, scars09 and ianbanks for helping us fix the ANPVS2 which was making me cry! did their heads in too. ianbanks finally cracked it - kudos to his skill!

- wld427 for sharing and caring, he has freely given us some of his PRACS models to stick on trucks or hide in the jungle to kill you

- scars09 for taking time to fix our troublesome A1 models, enabling us to bring back maps thought long dead, and fix mysterious CTD issues forever

- Nightintruder for teasing us with his CH46, which we hope to see in echo, but also for his Mig21, H21c, A3b, C1a and other awesome aircraft models

- Aplion for his F4, which has now been restored to its former glory.

- Vilas for his ongoing support, and gifting us so many models in the past

- Reyhard for his many insightful pieces of advice (including your flashlight config), which have solved so many difficult problems, you sir are a true pro

- Alwarren and x3kj for helping me fix the weapon bases so they will all animate properly

- Jackal336 for his help with the grenade launcher anims

- Toadie2k for his brilliant gift of weapons and animations from his amazing game-changing team at NIArms

- Bill70, Kable, Barden, Damonjay, imager6 and vvalerie2 for kindly donating hundreds of dollars for us to acquire some lovely new models

- Howells for building us an amazing new sten suppressor

- Joe Wall for building us an M870 mk1 shotgun from scratch, to very precise and taxing design requirements! and for his new Suu23 gun pod for the F4e

- Mondkalb and Berghoff for donating all their historical works to us (brg_africa and mbg_nam)

- Showmaker for donating his 3 awesome maps (1 is ready in Delta)

- the great guys over at Elite Warriors, without whose diligent hours and months of painstaking testing the mod would be a bug filled nightmare

- the HiP guys (pedersen and crew) for donating some of their amazing models (Tommy, owen, bunkers, bridges etc)

- the Indochine mod for sharing their huts (we owe you french rifles in return)

and of course the historic contributors - csj, von knudenberg, yac, aplion, myke, vilas, spock, columdrum, super6.1 and all the others, whose contributions and efforts over the past 12 years have led to this point.

I may have missed some people, this is a good start though - THANKS to everyone who is helping us out in whatever way you can. This is a true community effort.

• Like 13

Yeah I dont mind m8, soon as we're able to :) (of course give us a shoutout :P)

Looking forward to the new maps guys. You're achieving so much with such a small team and your hard work is obvious which makes each Update and Release even better. I've visited family in Vietnam a number of times and a lot of the locations in the maps remind me of ones I've seen out in the countryside away from the cities. If only there was a way to let the player experience the heat, mud and bugs of the real thing. ;)

• Like 1

we could ship the mod with a pressurised bag of mosquitoes, fetid anaerobic swamp mud, compressed sulphur dioxide and leaf mulch.

just place the bag between your feet in proximity to your butt kicker chair, with a pin attached facing the bag, and wait for the surprise immersion when you get shot,

hell we could even throw in a bamboo viper for kicks.

• Like 3

some more dev pics

first stab at changeable skins on rifles

m162_zpstbegbjfy.jpg

Rung Sat island nearing completion - truly beautiful battle-space

chlift1_zps2x3lahh3.jpg

new SOG and SEAL armoury crate

sf_box_zpsb6nihzvs.jpg

• Like 10

UPCOMING DELTA RELEASE SNEAK PEAK VIDEO

(RAZORBACKS DOUNG ISLAND UPDATE)

Content shown here is from our upcoming DELTA Release. All material is to be considered Work In Progress and not the final product.

• Like 9

:wub: :wub: :wub:

LOVE IT!

Which map is the VC Camp's Video? A new one?

Really impressive B)

If you read between the brackets of the title you will find the answer to your question :)

• Like 2

luchador's m16, with toadie2k's animations, razorbacks island and apex foliage and trenches - a perfect cocktail

• Like 1

If you read between the brackets of the title you will find the answer to your question :)

You are right man, i didn't read it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to kill Charlie! B)

So I found while searching the thread that you haven't uploaded the mod to the steam workshop in a while... but then there was that post the OP acknowledged as correcting him about his concern over ownership rights or whatever.  This was a while ago.  Is there still a reason why it's not on the Workshop?  Because that thing is 100x more convenient than PW6/A3S/etc (and has much faster download speeds).

the torrent is the fastest way to get the mod, we have 2 primary servers servicing that torrent 100% of the time, with very fast speeds.

this is why i have a support unsung servers, donate to EW in my sig.

the unsung license says "You must not redistribute it without permission from the author, and specifically it must not be uploaded to the Steam Store."

we issue takedowns every time we catch someone doing that, and so far have a very good record of removal.

the Steam workshop license still effectively strips ownership rights from authors publishing their materials on the store.

a number of our model contributors have insisted that if we want to upload to steam we must remove their content.

protecting the content is part of the agreement we maintain with all historical contributors.

• Like 2

so the F4 is getting a makeover this week  including an animated Suu23 gun pod made for us by Joe W.

suu23_joe_zpslorivtn3.jpg

and the Sten now has its new suppressor courtesy of Howells.

sten_Sup_zpsh5kmmuwx.jpg

Thanks to both guys for rocking up and chipping in. You both have a lot of talent guys.

• Like 12

can you please check your email, about the possibility of this getting hosted on a3 launcher

can you please check your email, about the possibility of this getting hosted on a3 launcher

can you please check the UNSUNG website about the certainty of it not being hosted anywhere but where it is now?

As Mr. Eggbeast has said, rehosting is allowed occasionally, I assumed it was another "pls steamworkshop" question.

http://www.armanam.eu/downloads.html

• Like 1

we occasionally allow rehosting with permission - send me a pm about it and we'll consider it.