sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Hi Folks,

Now THAT's what I'm talking about - really nice to see teams sharing assets - way to go all involved - and yep - the M14 is my favorite...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+100 from me! Looks very cool.

Came to think of something: Would be cool if we had a few new models of diver mask,water proof bags for explosives and a hoist for helicopters.

- fixed chinook flares and lights (black square showing up sometimes)
- added chinook searchlight beam proxies
- fixed SLR zeroing
- fixed zodiac compartments
- fixed ural and m113 aggregate reflector value
- fixed type 99 tracer ammo
- updated scopes so they don't have that weird box on the side any more
- added bolt action anim
- added trial reload anims to sten, ak, m16, type 99, m60, rpk
- fixed tripod packs, assembly of statics and searchlights on static weapons (cant rotate with gun until BI fix the issue)

• Like 1

That SLR with the underbody launcher just looks so fucking awful, but is it such a lovely weapon. Probably my second choice behind the almighty M14 (or an SKS if on the dark side). There is just something so beautiful about banging out single shots with 7.62 that never loses it`s appeal.

(cant rotate with gun until BI fix the issue)

Should be fine on that part, most communities do end up using ace most of the time and that has it's own system there to move and rotate it.

That SLR with the underbody launcher just looks so fucking awful, but is it such a lovely weapon. Probably my second choice behind the almighty M14 (or an SKS if on the dark side). There is just something so beautiful about banging out single shots with 7.62 that never loses it`s appeal.

Just wondering who we consider the 'dark side' to be on this one, given 40+ years of hindsight.

Arisaka w. AA sight - for when you want to shoot low-speed/altitute stuff but don't want to look like a complete idiot  ;)  would still fail to connect, but look awesome while doing so!

So I been experiencing crashing on the Vietnam maps (usually only after a minute or so of being loaded). Currently trying to get rpt's but none are being generated even with the parameter set to allow them. Any possible ideas of why?

i'm having same problem with the crashing in 3D editor, i've figured a way to make it happen. 

whenever i go into options and I set my objects and terrain to ultra it'll crash, now there's two ways of this happening.

1: If I set objects to ultra then terrain then it'll CTD

2: If I set terrain to ultra then objects then it'll be fine for a bit but after a bit of going around it'll CTD.

dis

Quick question about the Life Raft.

How is it used? I jumped out of my shot down F111C and was kind of disappointed that there was no way to open it.

the life-raft, bayonets, knives, fuel cans, rearming of planes, shark-chaser, and siphon all require the UNS: ENABLE SPECIAL ITEMS module to work. However the script porting from Arma 2 has not been my priority these past months, so much of it is disabled until i get free time to port it well.

If anyone out there is a good / great coder for A3, and you can help me convert the scripts I wrote in A2 sqf to something more streamlined for A3 please get in touch!

todays updates (pics to follow later)

WEAPONS

imported by Razorback, my animation work and fine-tuning to follow

- added new MP40 model (thanks to Damonjay for your donation and Luchador for the model design)

- added new MAC10 model (thanks to Damonjay for your donation and Luchador for the model design)

- added new SVT40 model (thanks to Barden for your donation and Luchador for the model design)

VEHICLES

- H21 Shawnee imported by Tetet (model by Nightintruder) - needs fine tuning

- M107/M110 self-propelled artillery imported by Tetet (model by hcpookie) - needs fine tuning

- M1113A1 ACAV's (M2, M60, M134, M40, Mk18 versions) imported by me (original A2 development by hcpookie) - needs fine tuning

- M113 ACAVs - added new animated Arma 3 quality muzzle-flashes

svt2_zpstzogs8jt.jpg

svt1_zpsjdxtihrk.jpg

mac101_zpssxkjmzgy.jpg

mac102_zpsssciwb0n.jpg

m107__zpsjfgx8uk8.jpg

• Like 5

hello guys have you considered the idea of including this Mig-15 in the list of NVA? 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12278

was one of the planes that I preferred in Arma 2 would be great to find it in its natural habitat  :lol:

Cheers

I have contacted him years ago asking for this back before Unsung 2.0 arma 2 release, no answer ... I doubt it will change now 5 or so years later : /  Regardless the mig15 wasn't used in the war AFAIK maybe as a trainer only.

too bad  :(  .... I was aware that there were no reports of fighting but the Mig-17-which has actually fought - is the evolution of the Mig-15, so I thought that with the right paint scheme might seem a Mig-17 without paying too much attention to structural differences ... ;)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-17_Fresco_USAF.jpg

something like this..

thanks anyway  :D

Sav you are correct.  Mig-15 was not used in Vietnam combat (so say the Internets) 

When I imported that Mig-15 model I was not aware of this condition.  So it is basically useless, which is somewhat humorous to me.  The Mig-17, -19, and -21 were the key players for the NVAF.  As of a few months ago before I took my hiatus, that new Mig-17 model needed a new skin as I recall (not in front of my modeling computer) and of course the cockpit.  Ditto for the -19.

I always see the Mig's as cannon fodder for BLUFOR... to my knowledge I don't think there are any PvP Unsung servers on the planet.  Personally I would just copy/paste a cockpit from sample models like the Su-25 or elsewhere because let's be honest, how many people are going to be flying those and call out "realism penalty" of the wrong cockpit.  Cockpits are a real pain to contend with... Good luck whatever you do with them!  :D

Todays updates:

- added molotov sounds and fx by Jones

- upgraded animations on m1 garand, m1/2/3 carbines, m16, BAR, MAC10, SVT40 and MP40

- added new MP40 / MAC10 / SVT40 models

- i also chucked my unsung wallpapers into a rar file in case anyone wants them - the art isn't brilliant, but there are some good screenies there - maybe other more talented people will produce better ones to add to the pack? ;)

http://server.elite-warriors.co.uk/eggbeast/releases/unsung_wallpapers.rar

• Like 1