sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Hi Folks,

Yeah along those lines - if it's possible and not too much work - I'd really like to see the ALiVE factions be able to specify an - early war/late war - time frame... I've been spending most of my time running around as a Marine with an M-14 in Unsung... While it sounds like you're almost done - opendome - if I can be of any help - I'd gladly help out - I've been a UNIX admin for more than 20 years - have some basic programming skills - and can manipulate text files/spreadsheets all day... With a little guidance - those skills should probably be relevant to what you're doing... I've been spending some time building all the config files for Unsung in DAC - since I know how to make them - for more dynamic missions....

Anyway - a big thank you for your efforts...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey, great! Can I ask how you did it? I was thinking more about this last night and I realised Da Krong is really not a COIN map but rather a Dewey Canyon type air assault map, so I wanted to use the 1968 Marines and one of the non-mustard-colored NVA regiments. Do the faction mappings you've got break out the different units?

Do you mean how I separated or organized them?

Hi Folks,

Yeah along those lines - if it's possible and not too much work - I'd really like to see the ALiVE factions be able to specify an - early war/late war - time frame... I've been spending most of my time running around as a Marine with an M-14 in Unsung... While it sounds like you're almost done - opendome - if I can be of any help - I'd gladly help out - I've been a UNIX admin for more than 20 years - have some basic programming skills - and can manipulate text files/spreadsheets all day... With a little guidance - those skills should probably be relevant to what you're doing... I've been spending some time building all the config files for Unsung in DAC - since I know how to make them - for more dynamic missions....

Anyway - a big thank you for your efforts...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the offer! Im pretty much done and theres just a few more things to do Im probally going to finish over the next few nights. As it is right now, there's only UNSUNG_E and UNSUNG_EV enemy factions to work within so for ALiVE that means that it is unable to be broken down into different time periods. It will take a bit more time but I could make some different variations that individuals can add to their missions to get different time periods. 

• Like 1

Do you mean how I separated or organized them?

Thanks for the offer! Im pretty much done and theres just a few more things to do Im probally going to finish over the next few nights. As it is right now, there's only UNSUNG_E and UNSUNG_EV enemy factions to work within so for ALiVE that means that it is unable to be broken down into different time periods. It will take a bit more time but I could make some different variations that individuals can add to their missions to get different time periods. 

How you seperated them, but I see you've answered that in the next question. I agree with scottb613 that it would be nice to have some historical configs, ideally respecting some kind of recognisable TO&E. I have an old book that talks about NVA small unit organisation so I might take a crack at some unit-specific configs to add to the general NVA/VC configs

• Like 1

so i have configged all of the new m1 carbine variants - waiting for the models from Razorback at present.

this shows what the  variants will be:

the pouch version has a faster magazine reload time

carbine_menu_zpsdxjjpqop.jpg

we also got a donation today from AUSTAC's DamonJay - THANK YOU SO MUCH mate.

this donation is going straight out the door on this little beauty:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_99_rifle

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/arisaka-type-99-rifle-3d-x/745816

arisaka1_zpsal6gbsy5.jpg

also today - i added working M60s to the pintle mounted amidships behind the cabin on all 3 PBR boats.

• Like 9

updated the M113s
- added new m60 model to the m60 version, with working searchlight
- added A3 headlight proxies and new rvmats to tail lights, in some cases these were missing altogether, so now all of the mhave proper volumetric bright headlights and working rear and brake lights (thanks for the know-how pook)
- deleted a lot of old edit lods and properties from models
- added relevant vietnam based library entries for m113 and m163
- fixed zeroing on some weapons

next up:

- add similar lights to jeep, commando and ural

- add FFV to cargo seats of m113s

- import M113A1s

lights1_zpsf6xxxenz.jpg

• Like 5

pimped the jeeps a little

- added volumetric lights

- fixed rear lights

- fixed passengers in unarmed version

- added new M60 model

- added clutter

jeep1_zpssvb7kmm1.jpg

jeep2_zpsizbgu6pv.jpg

• Like 6

meanwhile Razorback has been busy converting our new M1 carbine model to p3d...

m1_3_zpsqybkei6o.jpg

m1_1_zpsf3ofvuij.jpg

m1_2_zpsq6ub62ud.jpg

m1_4_zpsmcmdi4wg.jpg

• Like 6

As useful as it may have been after dark at the time, has there ever been a more awkward, heavy, or downright ugly weapon as that IR monstrosity since? What the hell did they actually do with it during daylight hours? Sling it and use pistols??

it was operated by a 3-man team, a trained sniper plus a corporal to safeguard the valuable kit, and a battery and ammo carrier. on some of the pacific islands during WW2 it accounted for almost 25% of japanese casualties. it may be fugly, but it works!

• Like 3

first look at the m1 carbines in action on the dev server

m3_1_zpsyyxjjlwx.jpg

carbine2_zps9kkzcjr7.jpg

carbine3_zps7qnjr5js.jpg

carbine6_zpswxzouegi.jpg

carbine7_zpszejoh2kl.jpg

carbine5_zps1ag9q1vp.jpg

• Like 9

Hi Egg,

How does that WWII vintage grenade actually work ? Is there a charge in the chamber of the rifle that ignites the rocket or something ?

Looks great...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance of short sleaved shirts and/or no shirts. Kinda like in the platoon or something?

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph... there is a 1 GIGABYTE (that's 1,000 MEGABYTES) of uniforms you can download.... just sayin'

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph... there is a 1 GIGABYTE (that's 1,000 MEGABYTES) of uniforms you can download.... just sayin'

Jesus, Mary and Joseph... There is NO SHORT SLEEVES (THATS 0 SHORT SLEEVES) on any of them..... just sayin'

P.S get salty over a question, expect a salty response, smart arse.

• Like 1

have you tried this in the soldier init field?

this setSleeve "short";
  • Like 2

Actually... you don't have to download anything, you get the optional uniform pack within Charlie already, just open up the files. However there is actually a total of three uniforms already with Short Sleeves, despite all uniforms already having slightly rolled up sleeves in Charlie. I think there is actually one more in the optional uniform pack, but as discovered already there seems to be a bug with some of the new uniforms added which we already fixed after release.

Simply I don't think we have the man power or willing volunteers to try and attempt this with our already large "to do" list.

• Like 1

this was planned, but the designer has taken a long absence due to health issues.

unsung3_us_infantry_wip2.jpg

• Like 5

BUG REPORTING / ISSUE TRACKING

CLASSNAMES

http://www.armanam.eu/forum/index.php?board=16.0

FORUM

- official bug reporting and discussions about issues

http://www.armanam.eu/forum/index.php?board=8.0

ARMA 2

- useful for historical development, and also seeing stuff that we haven't ported in yet, that is planned.

2.6 release thread (a2)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171627-the-unsung-vietnam-war-mod-v26-released/

2.6 WIP thread (a2)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/158347-the-unsung-vietnam-war-mod-v-26-release/

ARMA 3

- the bravo thread is the most relevant to see what issues people have had and have either solved or had explained

3.0a release thread (a3)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186586-the-unsung-vietnam-war-mod-v30-alpha-released/

3.0b release thread (a3)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191070-the-unsung-vietnam-war-mod-30b-bravo-released/

3.0 WIP thread (a3)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/176893-the-unsung-vietnam-mod-30-wip-thread/

this was planned, but the designer has taken a long absence due to health issues.

They look amazing. Hope he returns to good health soon

I heard that you get hair on your chest fighting in the jungle, did that guy shaved? ;)

Dressed like that the insects & mosquitos will be Nr 1 enemy.

Great job!

Love to play like that in unsung mod and get nasty leeches on my naked chest.

Keep up the good work!

:D 

tidied up the Ural trucks today:

- added working brake lights
- added volumetric rays
- recoloured to sodium lights
- animated top of cab side-lights
- resized rear lights proportional to actual lamps
- added viewpilot to fix the missing rear cab in viewcargo
- added launch flare option

- added removable plant camo and cover

- fixed wheel damage anims

- fixed window glass breaking

- spare tyre and jerry can work to repair or refuel the vehicle

- added repair, refuel and reammo trucks

a few things still to do, but it's a good start

- like my landrovers in A2, this is ONE MODEL with hiddenselections.

initial pics

urals1_zpsxkrwrbod.jpg

Ural_lights_zpsr4vcm56f.jpg

• Like 5