sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

we are discussing it. but RHS may well have missed the importance of that caveat. it creates a back door that effectively obliterates the purpose of all that follows in that paragraph.

read 6a carefully. it says, valve can make a minor adjustment to your files and immediately irrevocably take ownership of your IP. 

Nevermind.

Yeaa Beast...

I doubt they've sourced all their models exclusively from the DevTeam solely work. Pushing someone elses' models to Steam would put at risk original authors' IP rights to source models. Having permissions given for conversions doesn't authorize you to hand over things that don't belong to you to third parties, in behalf of source model's author. Making one or two additional antennas on vehicle model or changing its textures doesn't give you rights to say like "the whole vehicle is my work" unless the vehicle model's author told you "yeaa, do whatever you want, its yours from now on". Agreeing to Steam EULA while uploading the PBO to Steam DOES give the Valve rights to adjust the model in whatever application they would like to use it, make a money on it and say "yeaa, its our work". Sure, RHS DevTeam will retain their source files.

I will retain my source files, my IP rights and IP/Copyrights of all source models contributors by NOT uploading to Steam until Valve changes the EULA. Perhaps, I am over-exaggerating things but only for your better understanding what is behind the EULA we are talking about.

Is ever happened anything like that? 

Not only in Arma 3 , in the whole Steam Workshop world I mean...

I hope we are not too far off the topic

Is ever happened anything like that? 

Not only in Arma 3 , in the whole Steam Workshop world I mean...

I hope we are not too far off the topic

You have no rights to hand over rights which don't belong to you to any third parties. Dot. It's law one should follow and it's not a game with empirically proved (or not) statement like "if that haven't ever happend it won't happen for sure".

And yes beppe, you are right that it is off topic, mate. Mainly because it's not my business what RHS is gonna do with their IP rights. RHS DevTeam does great job and I hope they know what they are doing. My appologize for the input I've made to the topic above.

EOT.

You have no rights to hand over rights which don't belong to you to any third parties. Dot. It's law one should follow and it's not a game with empirically proved (or not) statement like "if that haven't ever happend it won't happen for sure".

And yes beppe, you are right that it is off topic, mate. Mainly because it's not my business what RHS is gonna do with their IP rights. My appologize for the input I've made to the topic above.

EOT.

Yes I understand that , I was just curious if anything like that happened for real.

I have my mod loaded on Steam , nothing compared to Unsung and RHS , but I don't feel very comfortable if someone uses my models without my permission.

@eggbeast: is my XM177E2 rocking out there?

In the next days I'll start doing some adjustment on model and textures. 

hey guys. well NI made my point perfectly there. we have a lot of authors of content who contribute to the mod pack called unsung.

probably in all around 50 creators of content.

if we wanted to upload the mod to steam we would first need to secure permission from each and every contributor, as we are putting their work at risk.

this is the reason we issue takedowns to people uploading it there without our permission.

and it is a reason our license specifically prohibits anyone from uploading it to steam.

hey beppe - we just took delivery of a brand new purchased model of the xm16e1, and razorback has re-worked the xm177 family based on that. I don't think he has used your model. sorry about that. it was just a timing thing.

hey beppe - we just took delivery of a brand new purchased model of the xm16e1, and razorback has re-worked the xm177 family based on that. I don't think he has used your model. sorry about that. it was just a timing thing.

Ok no problem , that model is awesome!

If you are in need of something from my mod just ask.

• Like 3

Niiiiiiice...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

new MAS 49/56

courtesy of Kable.

Features:

- APX/SOM 3x scope

- Model 58 bayonet

- 22mm rifle grenades (frag, HEAT, smoke, WP and lume)

- working ladder sight for nade launcher

- need help with animation to hide the grenade when rifle muzzle selected / grenade magazine fired/ empty. can anyone help us?

mas49_zps2nxyf8hn.jpg

mas_flare1_zpslfuxmrib.jpg

• Like 7

Very nice, keep up the great work :)

• Like 1

With the Tanoa foliage is there an increase in FPS?[/size]

I'd imagine so, Tanoa runs quite well. :)

With the Tanoa foliage is there an increase in FPS?

I'd definitely think so! Da Krong runs pretty smoothly, and with the upgrades razor made he's done some nice work to it :)

• Like 2

With the Tanoa foliage is there an increase in FPS?

Most definitely YES!!

• Like 4

how can you use tanoa foliage, when the files are in ebo?

A very talented guy in our team whom has released 2 kick ass maps in our mod, figured it out ;)

• Like 3

So with Duong Island, are all the barren areas on the edges (which seemed to be 40% or so of the map) going to now be covered with the new foliage and more locations?

So with Duong Island, are all the barren areas on the edges (which seemed to be 40% or so of the map) going to now be covered with the new foliage and more locations?

In time yes, but for Charlie, no. It was released as a WIP map to begin with, though we wanted to get it to you guys to play early. Same with Khe Sanh, as much as it is in Alpha, it's a 20x20km and something different. Not every piece is complete but it adds to the experience. Hopefully when the mod goes full release Doung and the rest of the maps we put up will be in full detail ^^

Where are all the players? Seems like all the players are gone after Apex came out. I don't have Apex myself. Does that affect to this? All nam servers are empty.

Where are all the players? Seems like all the players are gone after Apex came out. I don't have Apex myself. Does that affect to this? All nam servers are empty.

You're probably getting timezone'd but we do believe the APEX update affected Bravo missions. So this is probably why, and one of the reasons we are trying to push charlie out sooner than later.

You're probably getting timezone'd but we do believe the APEX update affected Bravo missions. So this is probably why, and one of the reasons we are trying to push charlie out sooner than later.

Do I need Apex for charlie release then? It's quite expensive compared to Arma 3's price..

Do I need Apex for charlie release then? It's quite expensive compared to Arma 3's price..

You don't "need" it, but if you want to see the new foliage on Da Krong and Doung, we highly suggest you do get it.

Something that we announced quite some time ago. If you are still not up for getting APEX, for reasons that people have, then Khe Sanh should still be okay to use. In future it may or may not get the foliage upgrade, that's something that only Londo can disclose.

The 'Unsung Vietnam' mod is my favorite mod. I hope there are more missions on the way.

• Like 1

The 'Unsung Vietnam' mod is my favorite mod. I hope there are more missions on the way.

Quite right! Once Charlie's out, I hope that the flood of missions on the steam workshop that we saw for Bravo come again ;)

• Like 2