sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

some pics from tonight's testing for charlie - took me ages to get the test mission to work - turned out Apex broke the standard BIS revive settings. who knew?

don't mind the handanim/placement - that's not done yet.

playin' with the new m1918A2 BAR

bar_veg3_zps7vl6nwvd.jpg

it looks and feels heavy - very little recoil

bar_veg2_zpsjdmiggdz.jpg

the new XM16E1 sniper weapon system

m16_veg2_zps3lvj98wa.jpg

m16_veg3_zpsjlgnaidg.jpg

trying the new K50m in the new foliage on Doung island

k50_veg1_zpsmyccensj.jpg

k50_veg2_zpsold9bggp.jpg

k50_jungle1_zps5hlncfuf.jpg

• Like 7

All Good Egg

I will work with what i get given.  As i have done so many times before, I would like to thank you and team for awesome work. I have not noticed any Issues with my missions. Bar the lighting and AI.

I tested one of my missions not long after apex came out. seemed to work fine. the pop ups yeah they have been there ever since Mod came out. so im use to them now.lol.

I look forward to the next mod update.

the popups were not there before apex though. BI changed some fundamental inheritances in weapons. loads of mods must be borked by this change.

as for breaking revive, well i have no words for that.

Hi Folks,

Man - that BAR looks great...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

finally we're back on the test server. thank fuck

scr1_zpst0zgolod.jpg

• Like 4

Any tips for how you got your mission to work?

Right now, when we advance it kicks us back out after the loading screen on our user made missions.

We are trying to decide whether to suspend our session until Charlie comes out or if there's something we can do with our missions in the meantime to at least keep things going somewhat.

Any tips for how you got your mission to work?

Right now, when we advance it kicks us back out after the loading screen on our user made missions.

We are trying to decide whether to suspend our session until Charlie comes out or if there's something we can do with our missions in the meantime to at least keep things going somewhat.

Hello Bonchie!

Which missing are you referring too? A mission you made yourself?

You guys certainly stay busy, thanks!

Do all the Load Bearing Equipment (LBE) options have the same load capacity?  It'd be great if the models with buttpacks and bandoliers had a higher capacity.  As example, the bandoliers were/are used to carry and keep accessible a second basic load of ammo (7 mags).  It's a small thing but would up the realism a notch if we could do that in game to make those models more than cosmetic. 

It's just a very minor realism issue and maybe not minor to implement, so certainly not something to prioritize. 

Thanks,

PS- I don't know the first thing about modding but if anyone can point me in the right direction to learn how to modify capacities for Arma gear, I'll give it a try.     

• Like 1

Hello Bonchie!

Which missing are you referring too? A mission you made yourself?

We make our own missions. But it's all made with just the Unsung Bravo mod-pack.

Since Apex's release, our missions are kicking us back to the choose mission screen when we try to load them.

it's not unsung mate - that is what threw me too. it was Apex fucking up BIS' own revive system.

Open your description.ext and rem out the revive options

or find a thread in here describing how to modify revive to work with Apex. (and please share it!)

Do all the Load Bearing Equipment (LBE) options have the same load capacity?  It'd be great if the models with buttpacks and bandoliers had a higher capacity.  As example, the bandoliers were/are used to carry and keep accessible a second basic load of ammo (7 mags).  It's a small thing but would up the realism a notch if we could do that in game to make those models more than cosmetic. 

It's just a very minor realism issue and maybe not minor to implement, so certainly not something to prioritize. 

we need to work on this for all of our kit - i will talk to razorback about it. it would be a sensible move yes

• Like 2

it's not unsung mate - that is what threw me too. it was Apex fucking up BIS' own revive system.

Open your description.ext and rem out the revive options

or find a thread in here describing how to modify revive to work with Apex. (and please share it!)

Makes sense.

We have a template we use that has a description.ext that predates apex. So that's probably it. We'll do some testing and see if it fixes our issues. I'll let you guys know.

See this thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/192490-no-entry-binconfigbincfgweaponssingle/

This was what was wrong with our missions. It has to do with BIS changing the weapon's config or something with apex. So mods that use custom weapons will give that error and kick you back to the lobby.

BUT if you try to load the mission a 2nd time (do not stop the server, just re-select the mission and go), it'll work. We can confirm this workaround works.

As for the revive system causing issues, that's likely as well, but our missions use AIS wounding system and we had already stripped out the BI revive language so that wasn't a variable for us.

good to know ty

charlie beta version already has those weapon popup errors fixed - that's one of the reasons we're moving it forward so fast.

I have a request.

Could you Please put the M60 back to its original sound and fire rate.

The Fire rate is to high,no recoil,the sound is not an M60.I know this from first hand experience.

The M60 is one of the Iconic weapons of Vietnam along with the M16 and AK47 and RPD. I want to hear that Pig squeal.

the sound of the pig is why i came to your Mod to start making missions. You had real weapons sounds.

It is why i dropped that other Vietnam group.

Please please please

Grunt

I think some of those sounds were placeholders and they are continuing to redo the weapons for Charlie.

I have a request.

Could you Please put the M60 back to its original sound and fire rate.

The Fire rate is to high,no recoil,the sound is not an M60.I know this from first hand experience.

The M60 is one of the Iconic weapons of Vietnam along with the M16 and AK47 and RPD. I want to hear that Pig squeal.

the sound of the pig is why i came to your Mod to start making missions. You had real weapons sounds.

It is why i dropped that other Vietnam group.

Please please please

Grunt

It is the same file , its using Vanilla tails to simulate cracking. I will get around to making a custom tail for all weapons as we progress. But its pretty much gonna be how it is now. All the gun sounds have been recorded from real sources where possible.

Hi Folks,

I do like the M14 - only rifle I was qualified on while in the military... I use it quite a bit in Unsung... Never did get to shoot the 16 or variants...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is the same file , its using Vanilla tails to simulate cracking. I will get around to making a custom tail for all weapons as we progress. But its pretty much gonna be how it is now. All the gun sounds have been recorded from real sources where possible.

The M60 is missing it's full auto sound when AI fire it.  It sounds like they are shooting one round at a time, but they are actually shooting a 4 burst.  I don't know if ARMA 3 requires an additional sound file for burst/full auto.  It worked fine in alpha, but the sound is clipped or missing with bravo release.

The M60 is missing it's full auto sound when AI fire it.  It sounds like they are shooting one round at a time, but they are actually shooting a 4 burst.  I don't know if ARMA 3 requires an additional sound file for burst/full auto.  It worked fine in alpha, but the sound is clipped or missing with bravo release.

I think it would require soundBurst = 0; in config. Now it's probably set to 1, which means there will be no sound with each shot

Not able to use my PC atm, so can't test it.

Have the problems between Unsung and Eden been fixed or not yet?

Thanks.