sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

editing this since internet accidentally double posted :P

I just noticed that some of the mags we listed are wrong (the BA30 battery is an attachment not a mag, and the special SD mags we had in arma 2 should all be replaced now with normal mags)

we will update the sheet.

Lol, thanks...so it's possibly my Office's fault, as I'm basicaly seeing this https://postimg.org/image/6qv3pzbep/ :)

there doesn't seem to be anything between B and C columns...can I be just that stupid?)

Hmmmmm very weird... Maybe try re-downloading since the version I linked just before definitely included said mags.

If it doesn't... uhh I dunno o.o

A4ED70E19F1E11A907A49409AF77D6E676BD5CD8

A21D20F2ABFE8E8B34D2AEE6566D960DAF0341B1

Just to keep the thread more alive to show we are definitely still around. A lot of the behind the scenes is going down but once some more new pics are out I'm sure we'll make the huge effort to get them out ;)

But in case you guys also missed it just a little sneak of what life with be like with Tanoa Veg:

1C698DBABD359D0B7A992B1F79420920807F3373

E034C4F16AE77AF8EAAA9470CFB3AB718294CBD0

87D2379777C0762637F48B83C4C3D4001AF58D2B

C7972906EC4698E3D33DF00C49B75D4363AFA0C0

Vietnam has never looked so beautiful in ArmA ;)

• Like 9

Also we heard from some people they were scared that with Tanoa veg, there wasn't going to be darkness... well I took a picture at in the night time...

E76DDBD310EA3E48B6D38C215469FC6726024018

• Like 2

Hi Barden,

Looks mighty fine there - sir... Thanks to you and your teams monumental efforts !!!

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Da Krong with the vegitation:

01FC34112AB22499941E61E610C43F2015FF7104

13A8A2828B42FE615C5B9F4CFFA35E8C59A868E0

AFA81159C8E1B04EC9135407D20216360FD8D515

• Like 4

Da Krong with the vegitation:

01FC34112AB22499941E61E610C43F2015FF7104

13A8A2828B42FE615C5B9F4CFFA35E8C59A868E0

AFA81159C8E1B04EC9135407D20216360FD8D515

but the files aren't encrypted?

Those pictures of Da Krong are simply breathtaking! When I saw the one below, at the first glance it looked like a real picture. Fantastic job you've done there!

E034C4F16AE77AF8EAAA9470CFB3AB718294CBD0

Also we heard from some people they were scared that with Tanoa veg, there wasn't going to be darkness... well I took a picture at in the night time...

... and THAT is what all the flares and flashlights are there for.  People should become accustomed to calling in a flare support mission, loading their pack with UGL flares, and / or flare pistol, and enjoying sneaking around with the flashlight / 1911 combo.  And/or using vehicle flares which is more interesting in a multiplayer scenario ;)

Those map screenshots look fantastic! Will we be able to use the map separate from the mod?

it wont be released separately no

We are still using the mod every Saturday.

Will these redone versions of Da Krong and finishing of Duong Island be part of Charlie or will they be released sooner as a patch for Bravo?

Better question would be how time consuming it is to replace the old vegetation assets? I make missions but I'm ignorant in that area.

<snip>

Vietnam has never looked so beautiful in ArmA ;)

It's crazy how good these look.

I don't understand this bit though. What does the Tanoa veg have to do with light/darkness?

Looks stunning. Cannot wait to get my platoon creeping through the undergrowth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

question would be how time consuming it is to replace the old vegetation assets? I make missions but I'm ignorant in that area.

Razorback has been updating the foliage best to ask him direct

I don't understand this bit though. What does the Tanoa veg have to do with light/darkness?

I don't have the DLC yet :unsure: But apparently at night the jungle on tanoa is too bright ? We now have the Tanoa foliage but have kept our maps dark .... In most cases you gonna need flashlight and or starlight scope to navigate on our maps at night ;)

ok well it looks from having just installed apex, that bravo is borked by it.  my missions CTD in 3d editor and we get popups from vehicles and weapons.

so we have talked about it as a team and plan to release charlie early for Apex.  this means that those of us who pre-bought it (most of the dev team) will be able to continue developing mod content without popups being blocked by these annoying weapon ones that apex created. we need to see popups or else we can't be sure the mod is ready for release. and if you have another popup coming out you dont see the one behind it.  as a result, we will push forward with a charlie release in the next few weeks.

for this release we have ch47s, AH1g's, complete weapon overhaul, flare improvements, new weapon models, new SOG and SEAL units and kit, and new island foliage. plus a lot of hidden bug fixes.

It isn't a huge amount of work, but it's significant, AND it will fix the popups with Apex.

I have no idea if it will work without Apex. You have been warned. This is not our fault, BIS has brought this new material out and we would be idiots not to make use of it.  ~There will be no discussion about it, as before. We have decided that is what we are doing, and no doubt our real fans will love the results!!

stand by.

• Like 5

Whilst it is a bummer for those without APEX that, when Charlie Comes out, they can't use UNSUNG anymore, however, as you said, it would be silly not to use the fantastic foliage and other objects APEX creates.
I think its a bit of a silly move on BIS's point not to include objects for those without APEX, but that's the decision they made.

Very much looking forward to the Charlie update, keep on working hard lads!

Will the AI work with the Choppers and APC's & planes?

Will the choppers fly around map instead of to the roof  or Ceiling of map?

Will APC's be able to move across the country side?

Will the planes fly and be able to do Airstrikes under AI control?

Will the Artillery and Air support modules work?

Cant wait for your latest release. Keep up the good work.

ok well it looks from having just installed apex, that bravo is borked by it.  my missions CTD in 3d editor and we get popups from vehicles and weapons.

so we have talked about it as a team and plan to release charlie early for Apex.  this means that those of us who pre-bought it (most of the dev team) will be able to continue developing mod content without popups being blocked by these annoying weapon ones that apex created. we need to see popups or else we can't be sure the mod is ready for release. and if you have another popup coming out you dont see the one behind it.  as a result, we will push forward with a charlie release in the next few weeks.

for this release we have ch47s, AH1g's, complete weapon overhaul, flare improvements, new weapon models, new SOG and SEAL units and kit, and new island foliage. plus a lot of hidden bug fixes.

It isn't a huge amount of work, but it's significant, AND it will fix the popups with Apex.

I have no idea if it will work without Apex. You have been warned. This is not our fault, BIS has brought this new material out and we would be idiots not to make use of it.  ~There will be no discussion about it, as before. We have decided that is what we are doing, and no doubt our real fans will love the results!!

stand by.

I can confirm our Bravo missions are not working. Some lack slots, some kick you out after loading.

I've let my group know about the issues ahead of our session today. Hopefully you guys can get Charlie out soon. Thanks for the hard work.

Also, are the issues that have been created going to mean we have to re-make all our missions once Charlie is released?

I know Alpha to Bravo broke missions because of new class names but are these issues something different that can be fixed without breaking Bravo created missions?

we made bravo as quick as we could to bring back the 2.6 classname index. alpha was an experiment made by a few guys who had not been in the original 2.6 team, so they made their own classnames etc.

all future releases will grow from that professionally (i.e. we won't break backwards compatibility  - unlike BIS with apex eh?)

you won't need to remake missions for charlie like you did for bravo.

however you may experience the kind of issues I am with CTD's etc from the fuckin 3d editor. it's buggy as fuck.

try copy and pasting a helicopter on a helipad. then turn and look at it with the 3d camera

bam! CTD. seems to be something to do with items stacking on top of each other in the new editor.

basically lay everything out flat to avoid the CTDs.

regarding AI and modules - i have no idea mate. unlikely. we were pushed into this by bad coding by BIS sorry. a lot of stuff won't be ready. we had planned til xmas to do it, so it will be pushed now into DELTA release. oh i did add some base class weapons for the arsenal users.

I'm not sure if you answered this, but do the aircraft have an arming menu, or are loadouts just limited to what is pre-set ingame?