sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

CH53 I am planning to get one yeah.

Doung is half done - waiting on Tanoa vegetation.

we're still screwed by a lack of modeling talent.

i can do the conversions 90% of the way, but need a modeling-capable person to help me finish each piece.

e.g. cut new square windows in the ACH47 or fix the reflective glass in the cobra - i can't see through it at present! having to strafe in third person.

or swap the cockpit models in the F4, or convert .max weapons to p3d etc etc.

Not that difficult to do, just beyond me and the currently active team.

• Like 1

MP field tests with guns-ago-go (pilot me, gunner Bill70)

guns4_zpsttslun85.jpg

guns2_zpsrxwrvgic.jpg

covering the ship during refuel

guns3_zpsr9eswuzh.jpg

getting lit up by a hidden shilka

flak1_zps9xog9ceo.jpg

• Like 2

There`s a nice Ch-53 in CUP.....maybe ask him?  It flies Nice! Just needs a nice cammo.Make a green one,and there you are...

can't be done. unfortunately their license restrictions are not compatible with ours. we would have to break up our mod into parts to use their content, and that would suck for users.

we can source one from somewhere else though.

sneak peek of SOG and SEAL units. There are several varieties of each all made by Razorback.

sognseal_zpsacdunkls.jpg

• Like 3

Mi8 ambulance ready to receive wounded

mi8amb1_zpsmptri8k5.jpg

• Like 5

can't be done. unfortunately their license restrictions are not compatible with ours. we would have to break up our mod into parts to use their content, and that would suck for users.

sneak peek of SOG and SEAL units. There are several varieties of each all made by Razorback.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/Unsung/sognseal_zpsacdunkls.jpg

Ahh those jeans! Real special stuff.

Edited by R0adki11
don't quote images as per the forum rules!

Waiting for Tiger Stripe Uniform.....If there can be a Rhino F-4 with Suu-gunpod,it will look like the real thing.

sognseal_zpsacdunkls.jpg

Speaking about SOF ,are you guys in need of a new XM177E2?

I can give you mine 

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/12885792_10207588591506959_5165611361434367000_o.jpg

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xal1/t31.0-8/12593845_10207588591546960_4277520935678969816_o.jpg

I've also a grip vesion

This is 100% historicaly correct , yours seems like an adaption of an M4. 

It has working bolt , bolt catch , selector and rear sight.

You can try it with my mod:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=656182838

I think I can improve some details and textures , but it is something I've planned to do this fall.

• Like 1

yeah sure, and thanks. we have an old model cobbled together from parts, mainly from models by the uber-talented Vilas.

if you don't mind passing us the unbinned model, model.cfg, textures and materials, we will happily add it to the unsung weapon family, and add you as a credit.

yeah sure, and thanks. we have an old model cobbled together from parts, mainly from models by the uber-talented Vilas.

if you don't mind passing us the unbinned model, model.cfg, textures and materials, we will happily add it to the unsung weapon family, and add you as a credit.

Ok! I'll pass you everything this evening.

Just one thing , the rear sight works in 2 position: big sight (25 mt) and small sight (250 mt) just like the real deal.

Obviously it works only with this 2 weapon range.

If you dont want this you can just delete the animation in the model.cfg.

• Like 1

awesome send me a pm with the link when you're ready! and THANKS! it is kind donors like you that make this mod pack really sing.

todays efforts have yielded a CH47a medevac:

ch47m3_zpsmtbrvxez.jpg

ch47m2_zpsqrzznxwf.jpg

ch47m_zpsr8iz2vbh.jpg

• Like 6

first look at the new M16 model donated by Kable. It's an XM16E1. The designer built it for us as a custom build, with m7 bayonet, period suppressor, Colt 4x, Leatherwood 3-9x and ANPVS-2 scopes.  Razorback is taking a break from mapping duties to bring this beauty into game (due to lack of modeling ability in the team - PLEASE HELP!) Watch this space.

new_m16_zpssdxxoezj.jpg

newm16_2_zpsugsf3flc.jpg

and new Colt 4x scope

colt2_zpsbnsh08q2.jpg

colt_zps6uvlkwlx.jpg

newm16_1_zpsxwsr2h84.jpg

newm16_2_zps8qg0efjp.jpg

• Like 10

first look at the new M16 model donated by Kable. It's an XM16E1. The designer built it for us as a custom build, with m7 bayonet, period suppressor, Colt 4x, Leatherwood 3-9x and ANPVS-2 scopes.  Razorback is taking a break from mapping duties to bring this beauty into game (due to lack of modeling ability in the team - PLEASE HELP!) Watch this space.

sexy

yeah it looks mint. i wonder if we can have a look at his fx code.

Waiting for Tiger Stripe Uniform.....If there can be a Rhino F-4 with Suu-gunpod,it will look like the real thing.

I don't understand...waiting for Tiger Stripe Uniform? Tiger Stripe is already part of the mod.

and we have our own F4...

• Like 1

river crossing in tonight's game, covered by Guns-a-go-go (man that ship makes you feel safe!)

guns31_zpshx7mw9fc.jpg

guns51_zpsywc8khmi.jpg

• Like 2

Bit of work to do on the textures, but here's a sneak peek of the new XM16 in-game.

Thanks Kable for donating it to us.

xm161_zpssuvnedpb.jpg

• Like 13

Bit of work to do on the textures, but here's a sneak peek of the new XM16 in-game.

Thanks Kable for donating it to us.

xm161_zpssuvnedpb.jpg

Oh mate if all the weapons looked like this, holy fuck. Really beautiful!

• Like 1

slowly but surely - so far we have new:

- M16

- XM177

- AK47

- BAR

- MAS49/56

- K50m

- PPSh

you can check them out in the armoury album on our FB page

• Like 2

first look at Nightintruders H-21C Shawnee. Porting in by Tetet.

The flying banana cometh.

h21_zpspcvafy3q.jpg

• Like 7

Whoah! It was the first conversion I've made for arma family games, and now it's in A3, finally! I can rest in peace then  :D  
Thanks gents, especially for TeTeT-Porting-Machine who brought some of my conversions to UNSUNG3-holics  ;)

Hi Folks,

Hah - they sure made some funny looking helicopters back in the day - nice work...

So - been getting my feet wet again in Unsung - it really is some immersive mod and I'm amazed around every turn...

Just a heads up - in case you're not aware... I think (beginner level) these may be issues from my experience running some SP missions...

• Issue: The LAW rocket is messed up (points at ground) and is unusable...
  • Issue: Getting occasional missing sound files such as coughs or laughs...
  • Issue: The PBR's - when loading with AI Crew - doesn't man the gun positions first - so the heavy guns sit idle while the crew sits in seats... Also on the Flame Thrower PBR - the middle gun doesn't seem capable of being used...
  • Question: Running the "Platoon" SP mission and it has us use (2) PBR's to get down river - I have the basics of ordering the boats to move down river - by aiming and ordering "move there" or similarly on the map - but man it's tedious - I usually get the boat I'm not in - jammed up and unable to proceed - is there some trick to get two boats to make a fast sweeping attack run down river in SP ?
  • Question: Should I be using any addon AI to improve AI performance ?

Thanks again for this incredible effort - really takes you back in time...

:)

Regards,

Scott