sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Just use PWS since it auto-updates.  I have started instructing my friends to use it since it is "hassle-free" and no more playing w/ RAR files and all the computer support questions that go along with it :)

What is PWS?

play with six, its a place you can download mods that auto updates them for you

• Like 1

Gents, thanks for this mod. I really applaud what you're setting out to do and look forward to getting into this.

Have been getting into some of eggbeast's missions (thanks for these mate) and also note similar missing file errors - most seem like sounds files, cough, sigh etc. Perhaps we're missing a dependant mod?

Also - the Huey. I've read that the Helis arent at general Arma3 standard yet. Does that include the gauge display? I jumped into a huey mission yesterday and had no gauges. Had a bitch of a time trying to read off the cockpit gauges. This isnt a complaint, I just want to make sure what I have installed is working as it should. I have the MUH addon and AirCav mods installed, plus the Arma3 Heli DLC.

The Chickenhawk mission doesnt appear to load with latest Unsung Bravo either (although the mission description does specify Unsung Alpha). I get "good morning Vietnam" and a black screen.

Im new to Arma3 in general, so please excuse any ignorance.  :)

Thanks again

yeah alpha and bravo are completely incompatible

ok well the AH1G Cobra is pretty much done.

It needs some texture love, but otherwise everything works as it should.

we have 5 versions:

38 FFARs

38+14 FFARs

38+38 FFARs

38+19 FFARs and an M195 vulcan

38 FFARs and Suu11 minigun pods

all versions have XM5 nose turret with :

M129 enhanced grenade launcher (400rpm not 225 like the M75 on the Huey ARA)

M134 minigun

completed:

new lights, markerlights, exhausts, weapon fx (shelldrop, muzzle flash/gas), some enhanced sounds

to do:

- reskin / decals variants

- cockpit glass

- cockpit display lights

pics:

cobra1_zps3wil1vl6.jpg

spamming brass from the M195

m195_shelldrop_zpsbjfxdj4a.jpg

• Like 4

similar missing file errors - most seem like sounds files, cough, sigh etc. Perhaps we're missing a dependant mod?

We are aware of this, for now you can get rid of the popups by launching with nologs :)

Thanks!

I jumped into a huey mission yesterday and had no gauges. Had a bitch of a time trying to read off the cockpit gauges.

I have the MUH addon and AirCav mods installed, plus the Arma3 Heli DLC.

I get "good morning Vietnam" and a black screen.

Thank you for trying our mod mate! Opendome hit it on the nail with the nologs until we look into it. Other things I've highlighted in the quote I can also answer.

Although the Helicopter models being not super duper good (Especially with the UH-1C being a fairly older model) I jumped in today and you can read all the gauges on our helicopters, even with the UH-1C being older and blurry but they do work. I would make sure you are not using helicopters form either MUH or AirCav since that might be where the issue lays, maybe one of their helicopters doesn't have working gauges?

In regards to black screen I strongly suggest you double check if you have the hotfix or not. There is a large issue where people who didn't see or were told about there being a hotfix despite our efforts to spread the word about it, don't end up having it and run into the issues that 1.60 update does with our maps. It turns the sky to a hellish day/night and when you are in the jungle during this time it is extremely hard to see and for most cases completely black. All this can be fixed by downloading the hotfix: http://www.armanam.eu/downloads.html

Good luck mate and thanks again for trying out the mod! ;)

The Chickenhawk mission doesnt appear to load with latest Unsung Bravo either (although the mission description does specify Unsung Alpha). I get "good morning Vietnam" and a black screen.

Right, it doesn't work with Bravo at all. I'm not sure when I'll have time to upgrade it.

Beauty. Thanks for the replies gents. Keep up the great work.

Eggbeast - your cobras gave me 80% chub. Fantastic effort dude.

they are pooks cobras really, i just ported them to A3.

Looking forward to those Cobras! I am an Vietnam fanatic (airsofter and gear collector) and I love this Vietnam mod. I also love role-playing and I will definitely make my own RPG with my inside team. Are you guys gonna make blue jeans for this mod? Some (quite many) SEAL members used blue jeans in Vietnam. Some of them even walked bare foot and some had like converse style tennis shoes. Those would be really unique in this game.

I'm also wondering how much can Sikorsky hold guys inside the troop bay in this mod? I believe the game has 11 seats or so. I never had so many guys to test it out. It would be awesome to fullfill that chopper in role-playing scenarios and such.

Also.. A Vietnam game must have CH-46! With many many seatable seats.

you can add more than one helicopter at at time... just sayin'...

Where are all the different uniforms with different chevrons coloured patches and subdued? Like 196th subdued with SSG chevrons or with private chevrons. There appears only to be just a few different units inside the game. I think they dissappeared after the last patch.

Where are all the different uniforms with different chevrons coloured patches and subdued? Like 196th subdued with SSG chevrons or with private chevrons. There appears only to be just a few different units inside the game. I think they dissappeared after the last patch.

Hi Cullin!

Do you have the uniform pack installed/running?

Hi Cullin,

Like opendome said, you would have to download the uniform pack as it is a separate "optional" supplimentary set for the Unsung 3.0 mod.  There will be an updated set with more USMC uniform types as well in short sleeve flak and 3rd Pattern tropical uniform without the flak jacket.  Also for the Marines(More M1 helmet types, more USMC webgear, and more USMC backpack types......  Cheers

Also.. A Vietnam game must have CH-46! With many many seatable seats.

LOL. Yea, CH46A had T58-GE8-8B engines and as many as 17 seatable seats. Do you know how those engines were performed in that hot&humid climate?

I'd presume they wouldn't be able to fill it up to max capacity in Vietnam conditions. but then again you see pictures of Huey's packed to the max so maybe they performed better?

Hi Cullin!

Do you have the uniform pack installed/running?

I do. And I got it working now! I had to right click on my collection and press "launch collection". Awesome man.

• Like 1

The CH-46 is well on its way! :)

http://imgur.com/a/DCHBX

no, that's a CH47

we have a very old CH46, but are hoping instead to retire it and adopt Nightintruder / Flanders' project in it's place.

we also have a new OH58 kiowa courtesy of aDuke

and hopefully sykocrazy and Jones are going to make us a new OH-6 Cayuse.

I also have my port of the BIS Mi8 to bring in (PK and unarmed versions only, none of my lovely gunships sadly, as they were not used in vietnam war).

we have a CH54 Tarhe from pook

we have Nightintruders H21 Shawnee and Mi6 Hook too.

so plenty more helis to work on...

• Like 4