sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Question- Are most of the weapons not meant to show up in the arsenal or is there something wrong as a bunch of my guys managed to find a mg42 and a couple of other guns that dont show up in the arsenal but show up in ammo crates?

Just use ammo crates.  I don't think "all" of the weapons are in the arsenal.

It seems that weapons with 'linkedItems' like bipods and scopes are not present in the arsenal. Only when they are strictly optional the base weapon is in the arsenal and can be modified there with the available gadgets.

It seems that weapons with 'linkedItems' like bipods and scopes are not present in the arsenal. Only when they are strictly optional the base weapon is in the arsenal and can be modified there with the available gadgets.

That would be correct. You need to create a separate weapon class and add that linked items there, other wise it will not show up in the arsenal, afaik.  

Example:

//Weapons for arsenal
class weapon_arsenal: weapon_base
{

};
//Weapon with the attachments
class weapon_attachment: weapon_base
{
class LinkedItems
		{
			class LinkedItemsOptic
			{
				slot="OpticSlot";
				item="sight";
			};
			class LinkedItemsAcc
			{
				slot="LaserSlot";
				item="laser";
			};
		};
}

And then give the weapon with attachments to your units

after having played a few hours I've noticed a few things (maybe this is server dependent I'm not sure):

1. is there a way to disable that reaaaaally long intro (with the music)? Its nice but maybe a tad too long (this is on rung sat I think)

2. when I spawn into the island, there is music playing which is annoyingly loud - and I mean annoying. 

3. On the two servers I played, all the helicopters were dependent on having a higher rank. There were 10 of us on the server...all privates and NONE of us could get to the AO unless you decided to walk/swim about 3 kms or so. We couldn't access the helis and/or the Medical M113 and HQ were both at base. Kinda defeats the purpose. 

4. The medical M113 needs to be able to float. From memory, M3s are able to float or were amphibious. I tried driving it through the river (just covered the top hatch) and everything went to $hit.

In the end everyone just ditched the server which is a shame because we were all really keen, and just jumped on the 7th Cav one. Just some minor feedback. 

after having played a few hours I've noticed a few things (maybe this is server dependent I'm not sure):

I assume you're referring to the official Unsung server?

1. is there a way to disable that reaaaaally long intro (with the music)? Its nice but maybe a tad too long (this is on rung sat I think)

That would need to be changed by the mission maker

2. when I spawn into the island, there is music playing which is annoyingly loud - and I mean annoying. 

Esc>Configure>Audio>Music volume: Turn it down

3. On the two servers I played, all the helicopters were dependent on having a higher rank. There were 10 of us on the server...all privates and NONE of us could get to the AO unless you decided to walk/swim about 3 kms or so. We couldn't access the helis and/or the Medical M113 and HQ were both at base. Kinda defeats the purpose. 

Again, something to do with whatever mission you where playing on the server, the mission maker would need to change this.

4. The medical M113 needs to be able to float. From memory, M3s are able to float or were amphibious. I tried driving it through the river (just covered the top hatch) and everything went to $hit.

It's an issue with amphibious vehicle simulation, nothing we can do to fix it until BI fixes the issue on their end.

Just some minor feedback. 

Please post any future bug reports here - http://armanam.eu/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=3l2mursuvughbpeakqorob3tl1&board=8.0

• Like 1

ok thanks mate - I posted it here because I didn't think these were bugs...more some sort of server side setting or something which I think it definitely is. The two servers weren't the official versions - both private (or public if its open to the public I guess) hence probably the ranking structure implemented.

Shame about the M113 though. I thought I could get there via the patrol boat but no dice (needed to be a LT). 

You can airlift the M113 ambulance via the CH34 chopper.  That should not be ranked.

My only suggestion is that the slick needs to be a bit more stiff, it feels too agile

grenade classnames link in my sig

use the MHQ teleport flag i nthe evo mission - you dont need to swim 3km jeez

ATTENTION - CALLING MODELLERS!

M24A1 20mm cannon model desperately needed!

We are building the famous Guns-a-gogo ACH-47 (detailed below) for your gaming pleasure (hoping it will be in the Charlie release)

We can manage just about all of it, except for the 20mm cannons and the wing stub models.

We are using the BIS chinook as the starting point, and retrofitting it.

If you can make us an M24A1 please get in touch.

Spec:

The ACH-47A is a helicopter gunship version of the Chinook, nicknamed Guns A-Go-Go. Four aircraft served in VietNam.  The ACH-47A is armed with the XM5 40mm grenade launcher in a turret in the nose.  This is fed by a flexible belt running through the cockpit to the forward cabin where a 500 round magazine is located; It also has two M24A1 20mm cannons mounted on a 30-inch stub wing on each side of the forward sponsons, each fed by an 800-round magazine in the middle cabin; A pylon under each stub wing mounts either a 19-round 2.75in rocket pod or a M134 Minigun. In addition to these permanently mounted systems, there are five crew-operated 50-cal stations - right and left forward, right and left waist, and cargo ramp. The waist and forward stations have enlarged openings to allow a wider field of fire and the top half of the cargo ramp is removed to expand the rearward field of fire. Each 50-cal had its own 1,000 round magazine. With five gunner stations, the ACH-47A is  the only helicopter gunship to fly into combat with a full 360-degree field of fire.

Now we have all of the weapons for this already EXCEPT for the M24A1 20mm cannon, and the 30in stub wing, seen in the picture below.

PN7365.jpg

I think it's awesome that y'all are adding the ACH-47!  So looking forward to Charlie.  I have a question, I thought I saw mention of a tunnel network on one of the maps?  Is there a tunnel system already on one or both of the maps or is that something that was in the works that I might have taken out of context?  If there is a tunnel complex on the maps could someone tell me where they are?

I think it's awesome that y'all are adding the ACH-47!  So looking forward to Charlie.  I have a question, I thought I saw mention of a tunnel network on one of the maps?  Is there a tunnel system already on one or both of the maps or is that something that was in the works that I might have taken out of context?  If there is a tunnel complex on the maps could someone tell me where they are?

http://armanam.eu/forum/index.php?topic=16.0

Just a thing I noticed is the china lake is 0.2lbs while all the other weapons are weighted correctly to my knowledge.  Also I am sure you know about the M16 forward assist.  Other than these very minor errors I am having a lot of sleep wasted on your mod, keep up the good work.  

thanks for the tip on the china lake.

regarding the m16 and forward assist, we have looked into this over the last few years, and found that the vietnam m16s generally had it. now before you type pages of evidence to the contrary, bear in mind we have discussed it to death already and are not really receiving input on this subject any more.

The only people we would talk to now would be people working for Colt in the late 60s or grunts who served with an M16 in SE Asia.

with the Guns a go-go are you going to have the .50 cal mounted inside the air frame which will bring the total crew to 8 personnel ?

The Americans have a button for the forward assist? what happened to the good old karate chop?

The Americans have a button for the forward assist? what happened to the good old karate chop?

cause they planned it out better :p

• Like 1

thanks for the tip on the china lake.

regarding the m16 and forward assist, we have looked into this over the last few years, and found that the vietnam m16s generally had it. now before you type pages of evidence to the contrary, bear in mind we have discussed it to death already and are not really receiving input on this subject any more.

The only people we would talk to now would be people working for Colt in the late 60s or grunts who served with an M16 in SE Asia.

Forward assist was introduced with M16A1 in 1969 , so no mistake... the problem is on deflector on XM177s models you have. 

Deflector was introduced with A2 upper in early 80s.

There are some carbines with A1 upper AND deflector , called M723  (Delta blasters in Mogadishu) , but they were introduced around 1985.

You can find some good pics model per model here:

http://imageevent.com/willyp/firearmsalbums/uscoltarmalitem16ar15556

cause they planned it out better :P

butt stock still broke on the regular though  ;)

as i said we researched the shit out of it and the forward assist was in-country before the date you suggest. not discussing it at all sorry lol. please respect our peace of mind here and move along ;)