sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

what do you think i meant by "last minute shoe-in"?

• Like 2

Inflicting damage in the single-player Wild Weasel mission.  Both the AGM-45 "Shrike" and AGM-78 "Standard" Anti-Radiation Homing Missiles (ARM's) work great!  You can also catch a glimpse at the new "mud texture" embankments around the site:

samaction1.jpg samaction2.jpg

Note the smoke plumes the SA2 launch creates... based on RL video footage:

samaction3.jpg

• Like 5

Y'all are great, thanks for the hours spent, no suggestions, just thanks. Now enjoy your holiday.

• Like 4

So in Bravo there's going to be a UH-1H Port from Arma 2?

So in Bravo there's going to be a UH-1H Port from Arma 2?

What you see above

Ok official update :

Well my part in bravo is done (sounds)..we are literally down to days now. Razorback has started the tedious process of packing and binning the addon files. Team is doing last minute fixes .. so not long now. :)

Don't ask how many days.. we not setting a date ... rest assured its not far off.

• Like 6

so in a few days we're off to war??

Are you fucking kidding me? I hope you are actually kidding.

• Like 2

im flying there in this

huey5_zps4d1jaef0.jpg

There's no better way to travel.  Thanks for the extra work to sneak that sexy transport Huey in!

All my missions are updated for BRAVO. check them out here

There is a vehicle demo mission so you can familiarise yourself with all the new kit, a rifle range mission, and 2 x 22-player co-op Evolution CTI mission (one for each of the included islands by Razorback).

Pook has made some tech demo missions for his ARM system and SAM sites too and Jones and Rebel are making a unit demonstrator mission.

Then it's over to the community to go mental making missions for us all to enjoy.

we are making some demonstrator scenarios

but I live in MP co-op. that's my home... has been for years.

I never even play the stock campaigns

scenarios1_zpsxjfwxsjc.jpg

• Like 1

Well, these kind of news (this and the Huey in Bravo) make me eager to play it so much!

that huey very nearly didn't happen. with all the shit-stirring public guys throwing hostility in my direction, here and on steam, i almost didn't bother.

But i listened to our fans, and the combat vets i know, and work with, who are stoked to get panthering their way some jungle trails.

sometimes you forget there are literally thousands of silent fans out there who love your work, you hear the loud persistent mosquito-like buzz of trolls in here and on steam, and it makes you think "why do i bother making this for them?" but the truth is - we ain't makin it for them, we're makin it for you real people.

the people we want to share a patrol with.

our public server goes live at EW on Saturday hopefully, so anyone who is a solid player, who can keep his trap shut, (i.e not pointing out bugs all night lol), carry his own weight in a firefight, andcan help me up when i stumble over a root, grab a case of beer and swing by for a firefight to tell your grandkids about, well kinda.

all vets very welcome (not isis vets though!)

• Like 7

been reading up on the battle of long tan, might give making a mission on it a go when i get some free time (so probably never  ;)) but yeah if it ends up good enough you guys can have it, as a thanks for making something beautiful, and an apology for failing in your PR team.

nobody fails, they just get distracted!

• Like 1

Thanks  :) but seriously though if you guys haven't read up on it i'd recommend the battle of Long Tan. Its basically a larger scale version of eggbeast and the trolls. In that one company of Australians (eggbeast) took on several battalions of PAVN (trolls). Just goes to prove British tactics with Australian personalities is unstoppable  ;)

Thanks  :) but seriously though if you guys haven't read up on it i'd recommend the battle of Long Tan. Its basically a larger scale version of eggbeast and the trolls. In that one company of Australians (eggbeast) took on several battalions of PAVN (trolls). Just goes to prove British tactics with Australian personalities is unstoppable  ;)

lol ya im a vet since arma 2

In preparation for the release of Bravo I have created 2 missions to help familiarize pilots with Wild Weasel missions.  These are live now but of course until Bravo is released you can't really play them yet :)

The first mission is a simple "how-to" tutorial for use of the anti-radiation missile detection and engagement actions.  If you are familiar with my pook_SAM pack you are already familiar with the process... User Action to first "Detect Radar", and once painted, User Action to "Engage Radar".  Since the radar vehicles in the AAA and SA-2 sites are incapable of targeted engagement (i.e. you can't just "tab-lock" them), the anti-radiation missile system will be crucial to keeping the skies safe for the choppa pilots.

The second mission is a nice little "kill all bad guys" mission where you as the Wild Weasel pilot get an airbase chock full of aircraft which you can fly against a randomly spawning SAM/AAA site.  You can play this in SP mode and use the "team switch" to alternate between 4 different pilots if you so choose.  You can also play this mission as a MP mode mission with 3 of your friends!

Missions are here... again, please understand they won't work "today"... Bravo must be released first! However you can subscribe to them today... they should not need to be updated unless an error is discovered.  ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032494151/myworkshopfiles

Among the radar vehicles you will encounter in the Bravo release are:

The SNR-75 "Fan Song" radar employed at SA-2 sites:

snr75.jpg

The SON-9 "Fire Can" radar employed by numerous AAA batteries including the ZU-23, KS-12 100mm AAA, and KS-19 120mm AAA:

son9.jpg

The SON-50 "Flap Wheel" radar used by the 57mm S-60 AAA batteries:

son50.jpg

And finally the PU-12 (9S482) radar which provides "early warning" acquisition for the ZU-23-4 "Shilka" batteries.  Since the ZU-23-4 batteries have their own on-board engagement radar, the detection scripts currently give these priority over the PU-12.

pu12.jpg  ZU234.jpg

There is one nasty surprise for the AAA sites.  The SON-9 radar will sometimes be replaced with the PUAZO-6/60 rangefinder.  This is a completely passive optical system that does not emit any radar signals.  Yep, it is a big huge range finder scope!  It provides the same fire control capability as the SON-9 with the AAA batteries slaved to the rangefinding unit.  A brave Wild Weasel pilot will have their hands full trying to overcome a site's AAA (in whatever form it may be!) while trying to rocket, cluster bomb, or otherwise engage the rangefinder unit!

PUAZO.jpg

• Like 3

sooooooooooooo excited! This and ALiVE will be so amazing!

sooooooooooooo excited! This and ALiVE will be so amazing!

Actually funny you mentioned that, was reading the ALiVE wiki today on how to index maps. Maybe once they are a bit further along something we will look into. I personally love ALiVE !!

• Like 1

Unsung and ALiVE would make me the happiest person ever :D

Ok the mod is packed , 1 hr of SP testing and its looking good...Still more to do. 1 file to fix still though but we on schedule ;)

• Like 9