sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

You just had to ask didn't you :p

It carries passengers for those "emergency hot LZ pickups"

the UH1C was in vietnam used as a gunship, and the doors and seats were often ripped off to reduce weight.

most of the weight on the ship was left for fuel and ammo

so with a 4 man crew it would need a runway to take off, as it could not hover fully loaded.

often the gunner and crew chief would dismount and run alongside the ship and jump in as it built up speed along the runway.

so carrying troops INTO combat forget it.

however, after a mornings hunting they would have used a lot of fuel and ammo, and could pick up a downed crew from another bird, or a wounded guy from their infantry troop in an emergency to tale OUT OF combat.

As a result we restricted the carrying capacity to 2 cargo seats.

if you want a troop transport, you use the H34 or H12, until we bring back the UH1D/H slicks

Heres an idea for flash lights agian. Use the choice to use it in a side rail to your advantage. what you do is make the rail for the flash light on a pistol go to a hand held model of a pistole or make a pistole thats just handheld that acaounts for the problem

the UH1C was in vietnam used as a gunship, and the doors and seats were often ripped off to reduce weight.

most of the weight on the ship was left for fuel and ammo

so with a 4 man crew it would need a runway to take off, as it could not hover fully loaded.

often the gunner and crew chief would dismount and run alongside the ship and jump in as it built up speed along the runway.

so carrying troops INTO combat forget it.

however, after a mornings hunting they would have used a lot of fuel and ammo, and could pick up a downed crew from another bird, or a wounded guy from their infantry troop in an emergency to tale OUT OF combat.

As a result we restricted the carrying capacity to 2 cargo seats.

if you want a troop transport, you use the H34 or H12, until we bring back the UH1D/H slicks

How will you enforce only being able to take on passengers after the bird has expended a lot of fuel and ammo? Or is that just going to be a role play type enforcement?

How will you enforce only being able to take on passengers after the bird has expended a lot of fuel and ammo? Or is that just going to be a role play type enforcement?

I think the answer is here: "As a result we restricted the carrying capacity to 2 cargo seats."

So it doesn't function as a real transport, and can only pick up the odd person.

yeah as a compromise we removed all but 2 cargo seats to reflect reality as best we could.

don't fret about the slick, we will be adding it next, but not in bravo.  our old model is binned only, hence it not making it into bravo.

yeah as a compromise we removed all but 2 cargo seats to reflect reality as best we could.

don't fret about the slick, we will be adding it next, but not in bravo.  our old model is binned only, hence it not making it into bravo.

Yes, I knew that ^^

It's just that I saw seats on the UH-1C, that's why I was wondering ^^

well the bravo content is completed. we are just optimising MP code now.

be warned, as said all along, there will be little bugs knocking about, stuff we didn't have time to polish, which we know about and will be picked up in charlie.

so when we release the bravo, please don't complain about or report stuff, just be grateful for what you have to play with.

our charlie agenda is about a years work unless we get some more modeler editors on board.

so we may do an update with a lot of small fixes before the next big chunk of models come through - they may get pushed to delta.

• Like 1

now that bravo is complete will you release it soon or do we have to wait a few weeks like you said a few posts ago??

Jesus Mary and Joseph.  We'll release it when it is damn well ready to release.  As has been said on about every page of this 72-page discussion.  Edit to add - you get what you pay for... and we aim to deliver for our paying customers!  :D

Yeah I certainly hope people understand that Bravo is a MILESTONE release and not a "FINAL" release.  However it is very easy to fall into that mindset that "it is released" = "it is complete". 

It is hard to show milestone release updates w/o some sort of timeline.  We could make a "calendar" view but with continual updates that would be hard to maintain. 

We are at "B - Bravo".  We intend to go through the alphabet, letter by letter, until it is done.  Perhaps somewhere around "Oscar - November - Romeo" milestones.  So yeah, its going to take some time.  :)

Swiss-Toni-800x450.jpg

You see making a mod is much like making love to a beautiful woman. In order to get to that final goal you have to take your time and build up to it. maybe take her out for dinner, maybe buy her a gift or two. Eventually with time and patience you will get what you want, but first you have to not pressure her. And certainly don't suggest you want a threesome with her friend ACE either...that just ends in shouting.

Maybe I've been watching too much fast show  :lol:.

• Like 7

You see making a mod is much like making love to a beautiful woman. In order to get to that final goal you have to take your time and build up to it. maybe take her out for dinner, maybe buy her a gift or two. Eventually with time and patience you will get what you want, but first you have to not pressure her. And certainly don't suggest you want a threesome with her friend ACE either...that just ends in shouting.

Lol.....

I think ACE isn't so much a friend to have a threesome with as much as a toy you take to the bedroom with her. Again, not something you bring up right away though.

• Like 2

The further away release is the longer I have to do other things, cause once she's out, I'll ignore everything and anything else to tear up the dirt and sky in the excellent aircraft, infantry and vehicles you folks have cooked up. So please, take your time gents, its already perfect, and I want a little more freedom before I get dragged back to Nam.

well my part is done - im on holiday now for a month.

the guys just need to pack it and ship it.

there are a few popups the diligent beta test crew have been reporting that need a fix before release here

http://armanam.eu/forum/index.php?board=8.0

Swiss-Toni-800x450.jpg

Once you throw TFAR into the mix, that is one messy foursome. :)

• Like 1

hey guys,

making a campaign, got 4 out of 6 missions pretty much done just waiting for bravo to release so I can convert them.
waiting on the bravo release, for the last 2 missions. need the m113 apc, new helicopters, and new units

• Like 2

Don't take too long for release, us Nam vets aren't getting any younger you know. :D

W.P.

• Like 1

welcome to the thread wiley, and thanks for your service bud. you are among friends.

• Like 2

well we have a guy helping us to make our stuff work with ACE, so ACE communities will be pleased with this news!

Awesome news :)

It should be understood that this is a process, so Egg's statement should NOT be taken to mean 100% absolute-perfect interoperability. "work in progress" ;)

Boooooooooooo!

:)

Na seriously though, I'd be happy with just the uniforms being compatible with ace medical. The rest of ace interaction prob aren't needed that much if it's too much work. Currently every uniform is a 1 hit kill with any caliber if you use ace without increasing player damage settings.

I'll be waiting :)

Once you throw TFAR into the mix, that is one messy foursome. :)

No skip dinner, drug her instead. Keep her in the dungeon. Now we got a messed up in the head whining shadow of a woman......... too far?

Just reiterating the importance of time we'll spent will be rewarded :)

last miniute shoe-in

slick1_zpshl7qmweh.jpg

slick3_zpsyj5prisy.jpg

slick2_zpszsi4pjtj.jpg

slick4_zpsdrlrel55.jpg

• Like 8

Is it a chopper made by Unsing team or does it come from a Huey pack?

i just converted the BI sample one today for kicks.

- added 4x FFV

- added M60 door guns with searchlights

- added nade, smoke and flare drop scripts

- added random decals (needs position work)

- added interesting cargo anims (7 seats + 4 FFV + 2 gunner + 2 pilots)

- added exhaust

- added red cabin light

- added savs awesome sounds

- added deck clutter (ammo boxes, pack, helmets) and string of nades

- fixed up getin points

- fixed a lot of cockpit dial anims

- removed front cabin (removable) doors

- added relevant cargo weapons/ammo

the main issues remaining

- the rotors bend when you start engine

- decal alignment

- flight model needs tweaking

- check sling loading function

pook is looking at it now

• Like 4

Ok, nice.

So, does it mean this one may come with bravo release?

Or should we forget about it in bravo?