sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

for what purpose?

Well, i have a lot of armored vehicles in tan color, and the overall color of Altis is more like a desert terrain than forest.

ok, so you want to use 1960's us marines with an m1 abrams on a greek island?

who will be opfor? samurai warriors armed with lasers and riding clouds?

you'll have to make your own mod there i think lol. or you could ask in the PRACS thread - they have tan stuff.

btw guys our website just got updated with some more content pics for bravo... check it out

http://armanam.eu/index.html

• Like 2

ok, so you want to use 1960's us marines with an m1 abrams on a greek island? who will be opfor? samurai warriors armed with lasers and riding clouds?

you'll have to make your own mod there i think lol.

btw guys our website just got updated with some more content pics for bravo... check it out

The M1 abrams was just a reference color, i have other vehicles, and you would consider what I use for opfor is unconventional. So, is the tan uniforms still a possibility?

you'll have to make your own mod there i think lol. or you could ask in the PRACS thread - they have tan stuff.

egg.... why just why man..... :)

• Like 3

Well, i have a lot of armored vehicles in tan color, and the overall color of Altis is more like a desert terrain than forest.

During 1960 Us Army didnt had any patter created for desert environment. During the first days of Lebanon intervension Marines used a RDF uniforms in ERDL pattern Latertthey were Replaced by First Woodland uniforms. Marine on the left have a RDF uniform 

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_04_2013/post-2910-0-96531500-1365012980.jpg

In the late 80's US military start Using 6 color desert Uniform but in this time the also use totaly diffrent equipment, old M56 and M67 beltkits was replaced by ALICE system, they have new PASGT helmet and PASGT vest. Here is a foto of soldier in full desert geer. 

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_05_2009/post-70-1242471203.jpg

Ther is a mod, its called US military 80' 90' theat add units in 6 coulur and 3 coulor uniforms.

yeah or you can have these made by Jonesy

MbVZv4d.jpg

• Like 4

this one is one that savage maybe can answer why in the hell do you make such kyriptic and jerkish answers that either are made to make the person look dumb or just to out right make fun of a good qustion.

yeah or you can have these made by Jonesy

MbVZv4d.jpg

ok, so you want to use 1960's us marines with an m1 abrams on a greek island?

who will be opfor? samurai warriors armed with lasers and riding clouds?

to me its not right to troll people that comes to your forum to ask a simple qustion. and savage this gose out to the ones who are trolling. not all members troll but some do

• Like 2

we're just havin fun lol. chill out chas. clearly re-making all our kit for some guy in a stupid-ass unrealistic colour for no really useful or clear purpose is never gonna happen. the lads in the team were pissing themselves in skype earlier. it's like a months solid work to do this for the guy. that's why we took the piss back.

• Like 1

You say "to ask a simple question".  I say "its not that simple". 

People should be smart enough to

a) realize that the intent of the mod doesn't warrant random requests like "hey you should make a fictional tan uniform that never existed" and

b ) realize that there is soooo much damn work to do that taking the time like I'm doing right now to address "why no tan uniforms" is simply not worth the time, and

c) realize that you should not make random NON-SEQUITUR requests.  Mods used to jump all over people for things like this but no more it would seem.

Waiting to hear "hey why don't you make this 1963 car for the civ faction since it totally existed at that time and would be cool to have"

To quote that guy...  "c'mon son..." 

• Like 1

i'm lightening up a bit, hence the active piss-taking rather than just saying no. I even made wld427 smile lol.

so some asshole just tried voicecalling me in steam
repeatedly like 3-4 times at 1.30 in the morning
so i said what's up

and he says "i'm trying to call you so you can help me set up unsung in arma 3"

i'm thinking like go to the website and read the instructions
he says "dont be a dick answer my call and talk me through the setup"

I'm asking "i don't even know you and you insist on voice calling me?"

he said "chill its not like im calling your house"
I said "i am in my house and you are calling me"

so i said something quite rude and blocked him

i really cannot be arsed with little dickhead teenagers and their sense of immediate entitlement... makes me foam at the mouth lol
the sheer cheek of it
i should have taken the call then said open steam, steamapps, arma 3, now select uninstall...

honestly i get bombarded by dickheads all the damn time. it's a wonder i'm still here making this mod for people to enjoy. but i am, and that's what you should respect, the work we do.  you don't need to show me any respect chas, just leave us the heck alone so we can make our mod in peace.

• Like 12

Hey guys,

I'm going to make a campaign for unsung when its released.

I have been thinking about 3 options.

Play as a viet Cong insurgent, who uses guerilla tactics.
or

as a American soldier, who has to hunt viet cong and fight NVA.

or

as special forces, doing covert operations

which one do you guys think would be best?

• Like 1

Hey guys,

or

or

A Vietcong or NVA mini campaign would be nice, i foresee the majority of user missions being played through the eyes of Blufor so it'd be an interesting change.

Hey guys,

or

or

We've actually discussed how interesting it would be to have a VC slot on OPFOR when XX or YY number of US slots open.  You would be that "really really smart" VC out there doing bad things :)

• Like 2

Yeh il probably do that, definitely something different playing as a guerilla using tactics like hiding behind civilians, tunnels and traps, might be fun

Is there going to be booby traps in the next release and anything more on the tunnel system?

i'm lightening up a bit, hence the active piss-taking rather than just saying no. I even made wld427 smile lol.

so some asshole just tried voicecalling me in steam

repeatedly like 3-4 times at 1.30 in the morning

so i said what's up

and he says "i'm trying to call you so you can help me set up unsung in arma 3"

i'm thinking like go to the website and read the instructions

he says "dont be a dick answer my call and talk me through the setup"

I'm asking "i don't even know you and you insist on voice calling me?"

he said "chill its not like im calling your house"

I said "i am in my house and you are calling me"

so i said something quite rude and blocked him

i really cannot be arsed with little dickhead teenagers and their sense of immediate entitlement... makes me foam at the mouth lol

the sheer cheek of it

i should have taken the call then said open steam, steamapps, arma 3, now select uninstall...

honestly i get bombarded by dickheads all the damn time. it's a wonder i'm still here making this mod for people to enjoy. but i am, and that's what you should respect, the work we do.  you don't need to show me any respect chas, just leave us the heck alone so we can make our mod in peace.

ok i understand that im sorry if i take some of what you type as rude as this service dosent let me know when your kidding or when your ragging on some one. also some of what i say is taken wrong. so agian sorry when you are kidding and i think its a dis and or you trying to be a jerk. also please if your making a joke put a lol or smile face.

Why not leave these guys alone and let them finish the next release of this mod , which will be a great mod so that we can all enjoy the hard work they are putting in to please us. No more distractions for them, great work guys  thanks.

• Like 2

At the moment our traps, which are extensively carried by vc and us units, as well as being in ammo crates are basically placeholders, in that they are clones of bis ones.

We have a large trap, mine and clustermine collection which me n pook developed a lot in 2.6, but our priority for bravo was units, kit, weapons, first boats, helis, apcs, statics and most of the planes.

The arty is in and we are testing it as it behaves badly, and the traps are clones, so they are like a first pass so that you can at least use them in missions, but not finished by far. Bis added traps as stock in a3 and ap mines, and so our old unique custom trap system needs converting to bis base class inheritances. Given they seem to have no post- explosion model spawn, we will need to think about how we implement them. As ours have punji stakes appear afer tripping the device.

Regarding mission design we would welcome any mission with reasonable realism and quality and we can promote them on our site, which is getting a shitload of visitors. I would enjoy playing as vc.

Regarding tunnels, there are fixed tunnels in the map, but our dynamic tunnel which never made it out of SP compatibility only in 2.6 as it came too late, is on the to-do list for charlie or delta. It creates a spawnable tunnel system with stash boxes you can add intel to, and ai positions they can occupy as defenders or unsuspecting dwellers. Hell if you have a shovel item you could even allow vc players to construct tunnels.

this one is one that savage maybe can answer why in the hell do you make such kyriptic and jerkish answers that either are made to make the person look dumb or just to out right make fun of a good qustion.

to me its not right to troll people that comes to your forum to ask a simple qustion. and savage this gose out to the ones who are trolling. not all members troll but some do

It was just a joke mate ;) His question was answered and the answer was no 

Hey guys,

or

or

Well its a matter of preference I guess , what type of missions do you want to make ? That's the first question.

I started on a campaign written script back around 2.6 titled "Operation Copperhead" Centered around a SF recon team... but was too busy with the 2.6 release of the mod and didn't have a committed campaign team to play it out so it was shelved. It climaxed to an unexpected ending very moving. But alas its still sitting on my HDD waiting for someone to give it a go...

Well its a matter of preference I guess , what type of missions do you want to make ? That's the first question.

I started on a campaign written script back around 2.6 titled "Operation Copperhead" Centered around a SF recon team... but was too busy with the 2.6 release of the mod and didn't have a committed campaign team to play it out so it was shelved. It climaxed to an unexpected ending very moving. But alas its still sitting on my HDD waiting for someone to give it a go...

Well yeh iv kinda started on a short american campaign using vanilla units.

Trying to think what would be fun playing as the vietcong, i guess ambushes and traps would be the main thing they do.