sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

AAA guns are done but not tested beyond fixing all the popups

i'm off for 2 days now, so hopefully the team will keep nailing bugs, and then when i'm back we will make our final beta for mp testing before release

not sure what i did pook but i forgot to use addon builder on the mk18/ m40 and it CTD'd but i was confused so rolled back the models.

anyway i realsied later, and recovered your changes. i built them in addon builder (instead of binpbo) and they work ok, BUT the mk18 still falls over due to recoil.

can you make it heavier at the front or something?

Looks like you've got more than the general public excited here boys. Well played lads, good work

Do the spider holes act like a static weapon or a vehicle gunner slot?

Basically I'm wanting to know will the AI use them themselves if we use asr_AI etc :)

With asr activated the AI will automatically use mounted weapons and vehicle gunner positions without being told to so it would be awesome if they got into the spider holes without us knowing.

They are static guns as far as AI is concerned. 

As I've never played with ASR_AI I cannot predict what that mod will do.  When Bravo is released perhaps you can find out and let us know!

Should work fine then :) sweet thanks

• Like 1

the mk18 still falls over due to recoil.

can you make it heavier at the front or something?

Updated uns_Mk18_gun model w/ heavier base

• Like 1

Will the CH-46 be brought over? Most people forget about that Chopper.

No, from what Egg said, it just the sounds like just the H34, H13 and UH1-B will come out for Bravo release, the others will come out later.  There's a post with sort of a roadmap of what is finished/being worked on a few pages back.

Yeah charlie is gonna be a big choppathon... We have new models in the pipeline to replace older ones for the oh6 oh58 ch46 and ch47. We have the uh1d and ch54, ch53 and even an H21 plus mi6 and mi8 for nva oh and of course 5 variiants of the ah1g cobra

thanks pook, appreciate your help bud.

so am resting after a lot of travel, then finishing the AAA, then if i have time during the final test phase on beta server, i will try and bring in the bayonets and plane rearm menu, and the uh1b's.

let's hope i don't get flamed too much by certain idiots out there lol. can do without the distractions.

BIS is having a May sale https://store.bistudio.com/category/may-sale
speaking as a developer of mods, who never plays with the stock content, is there any point in buying the half price dlc bundle (helicopters and marksmen?)

i would happily pay 9.99 for a complete and thorough documentation, sample and video tutorial pack on how to build physX lods and configs
happily, like in 5 seconds flat
would save me a few months of the forthcoming year... wrangling with the new vehicle models we have

Will there be a helitrans module like in 2.6?

in charlie maybe yeah, depends on team members coming back from other projects

I have both helicopters and marksmen DLC's ,  both are fun to play around with ....  For the price atm I would say go buy 'em !!!

regards Bill70 ;)

The new advanced flight model for helicopters is pretty good if you like flying, it's pretty close to the FM from Take On Helicopters.  ARMA isn't a perfect helicopter sim, but it's not bad with the FM improvements.   I can't remember if you need the Helicopter DLC to use the advanced flight model or not.  I would highly recommend the Helo DLC for the FM.

I've seen at least one other mod add the AFM to their helicopters (Medium Utility Helicopters by GrumpyRhino)

The Marksman DLC just added a few new weapons of different calibers, uniforms, and scenarios.

thanks guys

we might want the karts of course, as the Viet Minh were famous for their sporting kart races in the DMZ.

here are some of our new units:

vc sapper (the guy in the middle)

an-american-tourist-poses-between-manneq

elite VC woman

SAM_1505.JPG

camouflage supply bike

photito_036_0501-X2.jpg

tunnel rat

Vietnam,%20'09%20220.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, I really like the uniforms in this mod. There is a huge lack of historical mods for Arma 3, and the US uniforms look very nice when I create historical scenarios. I know that the Vietnam war was only jungle and no desert, but could you make a tan version for all the uniforms, vests, helmets, and backpacks?

And also, how do i update this mod? I don't see any updater in the mod folder, do I just re-download the mod for every update? 

• Like 1

Hey, I really like the uniforms in this mod. There is a huge lack of historical mods for Arma 3, and the US uniforms look very nice when I create historical scenarios. I know that the Vietnam war was only jungle and no desert, but could you make a tan version for all the uniforms, vests, helmets, and backpacks?

And also, how do i update this mod? I don't see any updater in the mod folder, do I just re-download the mod for every update? 

There is no update for the mod as yet. The new version, going from Alpha to Beta (Bravo) will be out very, very soon from the sound of things.

As far as tan uniforms, they have a lot of content they want to bring into the game for the next release after Bravo in Charlie and beyond so I wouldn't hold my breathe, they don't generally take requests that veer too far from the project plan. To see the project plan flip back a few pages or so. No harm in asking I guess.

what sort of tan uniforms would you like?

yeah i understood you meant desert uniforms for American soldiers in the 1960's pattern of clothing and webbing.

I just meant which PATTERN of uniform? what actual real world uniform for a real world scenario did you have in mind?

Are you thinking of IDF in the 6-day war or something?

catching a VC platoon in the open

h13spray1_zpst8v61czu.jpg

• Like 1

yeah i understood you meant desert uniforms for American soldiers in the 1960's pattern of clothing and webbing.

I just meant which PATTERN of uniform? what actual real world uniform for a real world scenario did you have in mind?

Are you thinking of IDF in the 6-day war or something?

Nah, just literally the same design and everything, just replace the green with that shade of tan.