sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Any estimate on how done Duong will be when it's released?

According to eggbeast's posts just a few posts up on this page; in the Bravo release "Doung - 70%" completed. That was yesterday and the release is scheduled for next week or shortly there after so I'm guessing not much more will be added before then.

yeah Doung is very playable, you just have to ignore the empty parts, or think of them as desolate wetlands, kinda like estuary marsh.

we have done quite a lot of combat in those areas (useful for testing the dispersion on the weapons) and they play fine.

The main beef everyone will have when they play unsung bravo will be the destroyed trees.

If you get some guy bombing an area of forest you can't see a guy 2m in front of you due to horizontal trees with vertical tree canopy.

You get butchered by the VC in those areas.

We have a plan to make an action on the bulldozer pook made, which activates when you lower the shovel, and then deletes nearby damaged trees.

We are also talking about changing the destructtype for trees to be more like houses, with wrecks (burning tree, burned stumps, etc) but this is new dev stuff so will be in charlie.

If anyone can write me a quick script to locate and delete destroyed trees in the coming week, you will be a hero of the community.

I am busy with the static weapons but feel the tree destruction will be a vital thing.

• Like 2

Ok its best to let you all know now , we MAY run over a few days maybe a week.

We have all been head down adding new content we really haven't fully tested it. We have had a few errors pop up which will be fixed. We also waiting on our improved Uh1-B gunship with new model smoothing by DevilSlayerBain and a brand new paintjob by Shockley .. I hope you guys don't mind waiting just a little longer to have it all in game and working properly :)

• Like 1

DevilSlayerBain

Sav... Bruh...

Yes, I did smooth out what I saw were some of the rougher edges on the UH-1B. Depending on how things continue, I should be able to help out with some other models as well. We'll make sure that we continue to increase the quality of our mod.

If anyone can write me a quick script to locate and delete destroyed trees in the coming week, you will be a hero of the community.

I am busy with the static weapons but feel the tree destruction will be a vital thing.

I have different suggestion regarding bulldozer working, not sure whether it's gonna work but in theory it should... not able to help you working on that tho, so... well. Just an idea.

zABArwj.png

EDIT: oh, man... I misunderstood the request. You wanted to hide already destroyed trees, not break them or move them. Please, disregard my post then.

• Like 1

Yeah, Trees in Arma play possum as soon as they have an explosion anywhere near them =\.

It's a very clever idea to change trees to react like buildings and simply make them a damaged state with a stump or some other damaged version.  I don't know how generous maps are for CPU when it comes to buildings vs vegetation (although i'm sure it would take a great deal of extra work with map making to implement.)  It sounds like a hopeful idea though!

I'm really excited about the next release.  I'm wondering, will most of the class names stay the same from Alpha to Beta, or should we plan on re-working missions so they are compatible with the new version?

yeah, i looked in epoch's code for inspiration - but could not find how they managed to delete trees when they had been logged.

I have a feeling it is a global array of every entity they create once at server init, and a deletion code that runs on that periodically.

just couldn't locate the code that deletes an "environmental object" based on its health state.

any budding coders out there want to suggest the right code ?

what i figured is this:

engine EH = if engine on then show useracton lower shovel, else raise shovel - need suggestion for syntax / better code

e.g. what happens iof the driver is shot dead in the cab? need the engine to shut off, or he shovel to animate up...

useraction animates the shovel down

_vec animate ["shovel_raised", 0];

and calls a function (fn_bulldozer) with

while {_vec animationstate "shovel_raised" == 0} do

the looping function (every 2 seconds) looks for nearby entities (20m to allow for tree length) ---> need code suggestion e.g.

dead_tree_Array = nearestentities ["ALL", _Vec,20];

and

{  if ((getdammage _x) <0.1) then {deletevehicle _x} }foreach dead_tree_Array

(possibly spawning a woodpile for each one - which with shovel or R3F logistics can be moved to make defences)

if the engine is turned off, or the player exits the vehicle the shovel auto returns to its raised position, and switches off the function (for performance!)

• Like 1

Hello again all!

A little disclaimer before I show the pictures, the first picture will depict a little historical inaccuracy which might get just a few people questioning it, however our glorious texture artist is mainly putting it there just due to request since CSJ's Hueys were put in which is roughly 10 years ago. People have been asking to have the Shark's Teeth from the 174th AHC which mainly flew the UH-1C and the UH-1M Gunships through most of the war on the helis. For 10 years this request is finally met with the first Huey coming to UNSUNG in ArmA 3 bringing you the Sharks Teeth FOR THE FIRST TIME :D

Now with that aside, enjoy!
7FE66BBD31ABC29642AFB085895185707C702DB5

LlSG6gb.jpg

- Barden
  • Like 5

Hello again all!

A little disclaimer before I show the pictures, the first picture will depict a little historical inaccuracy which might get just a few people questioning it, however our glorious texture artist is mainly putting it there just due to request since CSJ's Hueys were put in which is roughly 10 years ago. People have been asking to have the Shark's Teeth from the 174th AHC which mainly flew the UH-1C and the UH-1M Gunships through most of the war on the helis. For 10 years this request is finally met with the first Huey coming to UNSUNG in ArmA 3 bringing you the Sharks Teeth FOR THE FIRST TIME :D

Now with that aside, enjoy!

7FE66BBD31ABC29642AFB085895185707C702DB5

LlSG6gb.jpg

- Barden

Really nice, I really like it with the shark teeth, makes it look more badass.

I really like the mod.

Maybe the sound changing could be better... tought about making the noise of the jungle existing but more quiet in the open areas? And also the sound data of the jungle sound is pretty short and you can hear the repeating of it?

But really nice work, and maybe it's already planned :)

lg

Our Pre Release Promo Video for 3.0b is out !!!

Made by our good friend Nate, aka IN8II. Unsung 3.0b is now in the internal testing stage as the team weed out and fix any pop up errors. How much longer you ask ? Your Platoon leader is being briefed so, start packing your ruck your going back in grunt!! Just Make sure your m16 is properly cleaned and ammo mags are full ;)

You can see more IN8II's amazing work here on his channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRXDwOQu3VHMm9d-Leg4tUQ?spfreload=5

Enjoy

• Like 20

They are MAGAZINES not CLIPS   :P

Who called them clips?

Who called them clips?

Savage did, 3 posts above :P

Savage did, 3 posts above :P

Oh haha, I didn't even notice!

Finished the BTR40's today, team worklog:

- added new sounds

- fixed rvmats

- fixed texture paths

- fixed lights (mostly)

- fixed gunner positions

- fixed bush camo hide on turrets

- fixed airburst ammo on zpu and zu

- fixed gunner position (left side) on zu23

- fixed zpu gunner prroxies

- removed extra commander and gunner proxies

- fixed numerous broken turret parts

- fixed animation of M40 recoilless rifle

- fixed recoilless rifles ammo, mags and weapons classes

- upgraded icons

- fixed mortar version

- fixed cargo seating on armed models

- improved classnames

- upgraded cargo items

- added muzzle gas fx and shelldrop to mgs, mortars and recoilless rifles

- improved lume launcher

- fixed badly named weapon selections in shadow and geo lods

not yet tested the spare tyre and fuel can - that's for this weekends testing.

• Like 3

They are MAGAZINES not CLIPS   :P

Yeah Yeah thanks Pookie , I changed it :wacko: I been shooting the sks ingame lately so.. :P

nathaniel victor finally got his huey muncher

btr2_zpsaukuezk0.jpg

checking the swamp roof for snipers

tree1_zpsubsqcej6.jpg

our camo is so good now - very hard to be spotted (ignore the tree rvmat glitch)

battle1_zpsbasaolht.jpg

• Like 4

nathaniel victor finally got his huey muncher

btr2_zpsaukuezk0.jpg

checking the swamp roof for snipers

tree1_zpsubsqcej6.jpg

our camo is so good now - very hard to be spotted (ignore the tree rvmat glitch)

battle1_zpsbasaolht.jpg

Ahhh tease, I've been attempting to make a co-op campaign, but I'm waiting for the update since its soon to be released. Also are you guys porting over Uns 2 maps to Uns 3?

• Like 1