sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

is that a FSV APC i spy on page 45 there?

nope its a normal M113 ;)

Is that spreadable fire?

no. i prefer not to have it spread *shudders at nightmares from desynched JTD fire and smoke clients in A2*

ok today's efforts from me have yielded more boat improvements:

added zodiacs

improved PBRs

- animated Mk18

- added shell and muzzle effects

- fixed HMG inheritances so twin tracers show on front guns

- added clutter

- added 4x FFV seats

- prepared for slingloading (needs physX)

- added water fx

- improved lights

pbr2_zpsyir1heqe.jpg

pbr7_zpstwhrxale.jpg

pbr3_zpsbubz2ide.jpg

pbr5_zpsmvh75ola.jpg

pbr6_zpsz59s9jhg.jpg

pbr1_zpsiujrpxqf.jpg

pbr4_zpsktoxz8zd.jpg

boy does this PBR need a re-skin - are there any texture artists out there up for a go at it?

• Like 3

combat testing the PBR II with a squad of Marvin Tigers (and a couple of friends on CAS duty).

game1_zpszvtgsjok.jpg

game4_zpsvcnyj9hh.jpg

game5_zpsumqtwdyd.jpg

game3_zpskpdddlik.jpg

game2_zps5ndpxsoy.jpg

• Like 4

Weird...

I'm looking at these pics and the first thing that comes to my mind is Apocalypse Now :P :P :P

Good work!!!

gettin more like it now im away from the coast and exploring Doung Island - very swampy forest

sog1_zpsjciemsqu.jpg

sog2_zpshgopmsci.jpg

sog3_zpsldow5hkv.jpg

VC with DP28 (note the beautiful model by von knudenberg) and authentic tyre tread sandals

sog6_zpsn8jdfi7j.jpg

ole faithful guarding our base

sog5_zpspuphz3sc.jpg

• Like 4

The best part about all this older gen content is this also gives a group the ability to do ww2 missions.

Great work, this is just really exciting to see a good mod get the attention it deserves.

Hi. I am very aware of our work,

besides I am creating some textures for other addons:

631C3EEE07F538366F7508433BA9C79644D38DEDCE8DAF8E829F6F9E9A181091EF2C31C625A16FC9

What I find. more to expand the bariedad weapons in quantity, would improve the quality of these, I use the M60 and M16A M14.de hlc

I hope to collaborate as much as possible.

Greetings Sadako @ Sanchez

• Like 5

thanks to everyone for their kind and appreciative comments.  Many threads on BI forums get plagued by kids demanding things they feel they are entitled to, or trolling by with crappy comments that make the modders feel under-appreciated for their efforts.  It's really nice to login to find friendly comments lol.  there are some real A-holes out there, and we're getting a lot more done now they have all gone away.

keep motivating us!

• Like 2

What I find. more to expand the bariedad weapons in quantity, would improve the quality of these, I use the M60 and M16A M14.de hlc

hello and welcome to the thread. I am guessing you are using Google Translate?  It is not clear what you are saying.what is your first language? (one of us may speak it)

• Like 1

thanks to everyone for their kind and appreciative comments.  Many threads on BI forums get plagued by kids demanding things they feel they are entitled to, or trolling by with crappy comments that make the modders feel under-appreciated for their efforts.  It's really nice to login to find friendly comments lol.  there are some real A-holes out there, and we're getting a lot more done now they have all gone away.

keep motivating us!

To be fair you have pook to thank for that  :lol: he seamed to be like that old teacher everyone had, that you either respected or you were dead. Dare i say watching him reply to people was....glorious? But it is nice to come back to see that this forum is now just about the shear amount of progress that's been made. Its heart warming. Screenshots and videos seem more frequent now, and the team seems slightly less stressed. So congrats to you guys  :D

• Like 1

The mod is looking awsome in A3 , the gameplay is really good and hard at times too, me and egg were patrolling the river system on doung island, and where comming under heavy mortar fire that was chasing us lol.

every time theres an update it just gets better and better, this time we have had a shed ton of weapons added and we have been using them there great. in some of those screen shots egg posted thats the first time ive used the jets in unsung A3, and all i can say is wow the napalm effect is brilliant. you can see it from miles away cannot wait to try that at night time egg. it will give us chance to test the NV weapons out too :)

631C3EEE07F538366F7508433BA9C79644D38DEDCE8DAF8E829F6F9E9A181091EF2C31C625A16FC9

I like your textures nice work :) and welcome :)

am adding shell ejects and gun smoke to all the m113 /pbr/ jeep /commando vehicles today - wow it's VERY laborious and precise work

I need to redefine all of the vehicle weapons at the same time as editing all of the mutli-turret vehicles to make sure the naming doesn't conflict.

omg wish i could help!! we will have to do a weapon cfg tutorial at somepoint in the futre egg, i have notepad++ :)

Hola.

Mi nik Sadako Sánchez de 43 años. Soy de Barcelona. España.

Llevo poco Tiempo Creando texturas para Arma, Lo Que los antes creaba para

-strike-fighters-by-thirdwire :

456326_4164161666911_1537725326_o.jpg575260_4122148576610_1400313743_n.jpg?oh178731_4223185582472_644010349_o.jpg461533_3579858739703_619693623_o.jpg

Como decia, me gusta mucho buestro Trabajo

y ofresco mi colaboracion en el texturizado, en lo Posible.

C3A73570D2B0D366E96B3E5016328EDEBA1C302F

Saludos desde Barcelona. Sadako Sánchez.

omg wish i could help!! we will have to do a weapon cfg tutorial at somepoint in the futre egg, i have notepad++ :)

If you mention my post: My offer is meant well but I have no experience with configs, textures or something like this... actually I just wanted to say :

Beautiful Mod and great job. Nice that there are those teams like the UNSUNG WAR MOD TEAM! Creating such excellent mods! That´s all!

• Like 2

Hola.

Mi nik Sadako Sánchez  de 43 años. Soy de Barcelona. España.

Llevo poco Tiempo Creando texturas párrafo Arma, Lo Que los antes creaba párrafo 

Huelga Fighters POR Thirdwire :

456326_4164161666911_1537725326_o.jpg575260_4122148576610_1400313743_n.jpg?oh178731_4223185582472_644010349_o.jpg461533_3579858739703_619693623_o.jpg

Como decia, me gusta mucho buestro Trabajo

y ofresco mi colaboracion en el texturizado, en lo Posible.

C3A73570D2B0D366E96B3E5016328EDEBA1C302F

Saludos desde Barcelona. Sadako Sánchez.

Wow Sánchez. trabajo agradable

nice work

Hi,

originally Doung Island was going to be after Bravo release ( Charlie ?) is that still the plan or will Doung Island be included in Bravo?

The work on Bravo is really coming along, thanks for the updates, I am looking forward to its release.

well, Doung is far from finished but we would like to release it as an alpha, as it has a runway and we need one for the planes, as the carrier is not completed yet.

The areas of Doung that are populated with trees and villages are ideal for missions, and it is about half the size of Da Krong, so it's quite a chunk of playable map.

It takes years to build a good map, and Razorback sure has the talent to make them tactically interesting, and to feel real, so rather than feel like someone has designed a space and put in relevant objects, it feels like a real world place.  Da Krong has this in spades.  Many of us with military experience or fieldcraft training feel that Da Krong is simply the best island ever played in the Arma series, for the terrain design alone.  The fact you can use gullies and crests tactically in flanking and evasion makes for some very interesting firefights and mission design choices.

So, yeah it will not be finished, but I hope we can release it in the understanding that it is WIP.

it's a moody island too - lots of deep channel rivers meandering through thick forest

beach2_zpst0qvducn.jpg

having a beach barbecue

beach1_zpshchltrr7.jpg

some more testing pics

wow0_zpsn30j0moh.jpg

forest1_zpshiw39rcr.jpg

jungle1_zpsgqfnihmi.jpg

wow4_zpsfsklfhtn.jpg

beach3_zpsg0dbehpq.jpg

• Like 4

Dude in like what 2 hours of me playing a game I come back and you have a bunch of screenshots! Thank you lol this is amazing!

well we're on the server, testing today.

here are some more

skymaster FAC spots what looks to be a battalion of VC crossing the river west of us

vc1_zpsbvuvo6ud.jpg

guided by the FAC, in comes my A1j to spoil their swim

vc2_zpsbauim8j8.jpg

aardvark offers strategic support from up on high

f1111_zps8cti4gc5.jpg

• Like 7

Need some SAM's to spice that up ;)

Got this up and running on a server for some of my unit guys that wanted to try it out.  Currently it's running Camp Hunter and I have to say it's a bitch.  Getting killed in single shots without ever seeing any enemies. 
I think we're going to need to do some searching at night so we can sneak around easier.

u need a accuracy modification system - we use one in my evo missions. i will add it to the unsung module features