sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

G'day Eggbeast,

Pooks' Skymaster is looking good. In fact everything is looking good.

With the new M60, do you automatically go into the new animation or do you have to select it through the action menu?

G'day Eggbeast,

Pooks' Skymaster is looking good. In fact everything is looking good.

With the new M60, do you automatically go into the new animation or do you have to select it through the action menu?

Bipoding up :/

how do you change a handanim? this is a 2.6 handanim we made for fun. it turned out so nice that we kept it and added the weapon with that handanim as a "M60 (support) for the guys that like to hang back and place their weapon tactically.  however it does make you look like a one-armed zombie when walking. 

we also had a silencer system in A2 butthat changed your actual weapon using action menu, so that could change your handanim too, because each weapon had a fixed but different one. 

Q: is there a new arma 3 system where you can change the handanim on a single weapon? like through animation? or in the handanim rtm?

I don't know. I thought you and the rest of the Unsung wizards had worked some more of your voodoo to create it. Didn't realise it was a permanent animation.

Ok seems people are still having a hard time finding the tunnel network so here you go ...

Tunnel Entrance

2016-03-09_00001_zpsik8tqiah.jpg

Tunnel Location on map

2016-03-09_00002_zpsme0jjjkm.jpg

• Like 4

dodging AI mortars

mortars_zpsbdjcd9iq.jpg

admiring the wetlands

mortars2_zpsk8rjcj0f.jpg

defending the base with twin 30's

base1_zpsua1uciki.jpg

takin the skyraider for a spin

sky1_zpshgrd6cpr.jpg

sky3_zpsvzd9jiya.jpg

sky2_zpsdazejpqw.jpg

supersabre struttin its stuff - quad cannon tracers in the nose - awesome strafing splash pattern

sipe1_zps6r0d163v.jpg

• Like 6

ok we just took delivery of a new model MAS-49/56 French battle rifle that the ARVN and VC will be proud to carry into battle.

thanks again to Kable, for procuring this amazing model for us, and enabling us to retire some of the old legacy models.

full album of detail pics here

historical detail on the rifle

a few examples below demonstrate the stunning detail of the model made to order for the Unsung mod by Luchador and kindly procured for us all to enjoy by Kable.

This rifle will replace our very tired old mas-49/56.  We specifically asked for a bayonet as this will be usable, and a rifle grenade and lever sight, as this will also be available as a weapon muzzle.

mas4_zps091pxnh5.jpg

mas10_zps60ohxvab.jpg

mas2_zpstp1fdkjg.jpg

mas7_zpszi7wmvhe.jpg

mas15_zpsbrljo0mp.jpg

mas5_zps28lgcmod.jpg

• Like 8

skyraider... supersabre : O......*faints

• Like 2

*sweats*

Those guns are beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Very impressive work.

TEST FASTER

well there's about 3 of us on duty in the work crew at the moment - 1 workin on an island, 1 working on aircraft and boats and me on configs/ test mission / test build / server updating / etc with a couple of others chipping in bits n pieces on the edge.  the RPT is currently terrifying. I have decided to do 1 hour a day rpt huntin in order to get work done on the vehicle weapon configs.

at least now the test mission and test server works. that took forever to fix - literally friday lunchtime until last night - full time, from morning til night.

we have lost a critical team member just at the wrong time as he is moving states/jobs etc.

we have a lot of well-wishers with incredible talent, but they're just not available to help, so it is taking longer than expected.

PLEA: if ONE person with good modeling / porting / animation fixing skills and/or ONE person with texture mapping skills could make themselves known to us, we could go like a rocket.

• Like 1

well there's about 3 of us on duty in the work crew at the moment - 1 workin on an island, 1 working on aircraft and boats and me on configs/ test mission / test build / server updating / etc with a couple of others chipping in bits n pieces on the edge.  the RPT is currently terrifying. I have decided to do 1 hour a day rpt huntin in order to get work done on the vehicle weapon configs.

at least now the test mission and test server works. that took forever to fix - literally friday lunchtime until last night - full time, from morning til night.

we have lost a critical team member just at the wrong time as he is moving states/jobs etc.

we have a lot of well-wishers with incredible talent, but they're just not available to help, so it is taking longer than expected.

PLEA: if ONE person with good modeling / porting / animation fixing skills and/or ONE person with texture mapping skills could make themselves known to us, we could go like a rocket.

I can script but I don't know if you guys need any scripters.

Nice that the mod is already far advanced and there will soon be a Bravo release. My tired eyes have discovered the grandiose map " Doung Iceland " an emblem of Seal Team 1. I had built 2 Seal Team missions for Arma 2 after the release of version 2.6, but not published. Now after I read that Unsung comes for Arma 3, I started to deal with the editor in Arma 3. Unfortunately, a lot has changed and will need to empathize me new. I look forward to your work and thank you for the great work that you have done or actually doing .

Greets viaSkO!

I wish I could help you in your work ... as thanks I will publish later missions . Keep fighting with those bugs & glitches!

• Like 1

Work on the CH-34 continues, made some progress on internal engine and rotor sounds today (were absent before). A video on the helo and some marines:

• Like 1

charlie's truck getting a gasoline and napthalene makeover

nape11_zpsgapcyr30.jpg

• Like 1

I worked on the PBR's and sampans today, bringing them up to a good standard, pretty much error-free.

I debinned pooks flamethrower PBR from 2.7, as he's away at the moment and we don't have the mlod.

I also ported the Mk19 grenade launcher onto a clone of the one working boat we had.

I added dual tracers - they now work perfectly, and improved the lights.

To do:

- FFV cargo slots,

- animate the mk19,

- add a wreck

- animate the M60 that is on a pintle amidships.

Also I set up the base config for the vehicle weapons.

starting to populate this now with the detailed configs for gunship, tank, apc and static weapons

• Like 1

so today was very much about water and fire...

spodding about in a sampan

flamer4_zpssgel0ckw.jpg

admiring the PBR with added flamethrower (pook is an evil genius)

flamer5_zpsvhbk6odc.jpg

flamer6_zps1atsvcmf.jpg

lighting up the wildlife

flamer8_zpsnqr7hjfr.jpg

flamer7_zps0f7ffyfq.jpg

ol' cousin zippo pops over for a go

flamer3_zpsubxiei5v.jpg

that's how you barbecue coconuts

flamer2_zpsnws2g8dp.jpg

flamer1_zpsmcjl1bwa.jpg

• Like 5

I can script but I don't know if you guys need any scripters.

Hey alex mate yes we have some scripting stuff Colum done back in 2.6 which needs to be bought into A3 ... Hit me up on skype chat :) username : sgt_savage75

Hey alex mate yes we have some scripting stuff Colum done back in 2.6 which needs to be bought into A3 ... Hit me up on skype chat :) username : sgt_savage75

I haven't logged on skype since 2 years ago, if I find my passwords I'll add you. If not I'll come back and see where else I can add you.

Nope can't find my passwords, I've been looking for a couple of hours, they might have been lost during the format I did recently. Anywhere else I can add you? Steam? I am online there mostly 24/7