sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

What if you give them a waypoint directly into the middle of the field?

Has anybody found an ingenious way to get AI to pass over a rice paddy dam and into a rice paddy field? AI can't seem to find a path through at this stage

The AI will enter a rice paddy but only after looking for a direct route (not over the dike walls) or a path. So if you are in a rice paddy and you order your men (AI) up they will get there eventually but first they will skirt around it first. A large paddy field oddly works best because it seems the AI will only go so far to search for the easiest route. A small field is more of a problem from a tactical point of view because sometimes the AI will circle the entire paddy before entering it. This usually means they get shot in the process.

first look at a working bipod on the M16 HBAR

hbar1_zps2uce81bu.jpg

• Like 1

interesting stuff, but they lost me at the "no ironsights" bit.  funny enough im reconstructing the m16 ironsights at the moment for this mod.

reminds me of delta force - an awesome FPS in its day but re-watch gameplay movies now and you couldn't possibly play it, simply because it has no aim down the sight anim.

• Like 1

Only the stuff we have mlods for. We lost a lot from our library from V2.0 - V2.5 .

V3.0 will not be as large and diverse as our V2.6. However, everything that made out last release great will make it's way into A3.

While we are using our A2 content we are re-texturing , Re-modelling and Refitting to make it more A3 native. So its taking longer than just simply reconfiguring everything to work in A3.

Also we are Aiming our next release to be totally independent of 3rd party addons like AIA etc... Only CBA will be required. ;)

There are a few screenshots of our new island made by RazorBack whom graciously donated to the mod..I will post them soon. And let me tell you it is huge AWESOME map ... It has become my new favorite island. It really screams Nam baby :)

Awesome , so in other words its gonna blow Da krong out the water? or am i speaking to highly of the new map?

Awesome , so in other words its gonna blow Da krong out the water? or am i speaking to highly of the new map?

I was referring to Da Krong back then when i posted that over a year ago... :P

some pics from todays animation and rebuild work on the weapons:

M1 Garand now has a rifle sling and an internal clip that disappears briefly during reload

M1_sling_zpsdikueqec.jpg

PPSh41 now has a sling, and altered memorypoints for the vertical cartridge eject - they literally hose out all over the place like a brass fountain.

ppsh_sling_zpsur8ukkox.jpg

setting up the weapons attachments: now just had to work out how to prevent this from happening in-game.  fixed in a few mins, and so we won't be seeing any monsters like this ever again

predator_zpswmjw5ojx.jpg

• Like 7

So.... In the past the bayonet was a cosmetic item in game, will you actually be able to cause damage with the new bayonets?

it wasn't cosmetic, you could kill with it in A2.  I wrote a script that used knives, thrown or stabbed, and bayonets, also removable silencers - all in A2.

so yeah in A3 we can now add the bayonets without doing a full weapon swap and action menu stuff.

The team is working pretty darn hard at the moment.

speaking for myself, i animated all the bolt action rifles today, fixed the flickering rvmats on the carbine and model70, fixed the broken pm63 textures, fixed the broken anims on the pps43, added slings to the garand and ppsh41, finished the m16 family, using vilas' better ironsights/receiver and including xm148 and m203 versions, even animating the m203 sight, fixed some missing magazine pics, fixed some pistol and smg anims, updated the ammo crates, deleted all the redundant SD ammo, sorted out the "force hide bayonet" feature if a suppressor is present, fixed the carbine sights, improved and fixed the mosin sights, deleted some redundant models and textures, fixed the broken sterling sd animations, added an animated clip to the garand, ... all in a days work eh

next up is xm177, M63, AK family, MGs and rockets. then vehicle and air weapons to config

we just took delivery of Duong island too from Razorback for testing. so my breakfast heli ride is sorted for a location...

• Like 2

it wasn't cosmetic, you could kill with it in A2.  I wrote a script that used knives, thrown or stabbed, and bayonets, also removable silencers - all in A2.

Seriously? well shit, I missed out on some fun.

class Mission1
template="CO_22_Evolution_nam_v1.DaKrong";

Hey, Chief. Thank you for the help. I got everything to load on my dedicated server; however, in the Arsenal or Virtual Arsenal I am not able to load other Unsung Unit Modded gear/weapons. I am only able to load what is provided by the default server. Is there a way that I can access all Unsung modded gear/weapons at the Arsenal? Is there a parameter I am over looking? 

-Or- If I am missing something on the Net on how to run the my server, please post a link.

...People on my server want to know why they cannot rock what they downloaded without spending an hour at several Creates just to find a class they want...

Thanks again for ANYONE that can help. 

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/Unsung/predator_zpswmjw5ojx.jpg

that reminded me of this:

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/xM16-XM148-Starlight-AFB-Vietnam339.jpg

THat shits so SOG it probably sent enemies running just by the sheer size of the operators arms(and balls)  :lol:

• Like 2

to some of the vc who had never left the village they had grown up in, the US soldiers must have seemed like space-aliens, especially carrying weapons like that,

Hey, Chief. Thank you for the help. I got everything to load on my dedicated server; however, in the Arsenal or Virtual Arsenal I am not able to load other Unsung Unit Modded gear/weapons. I am only able to load what is provided by the default server. Is there a way that I can access all Unsung modded gear/weapons at the Arsenal? Is there a parameter I am over looking? 

-Or- If I am missing something on the Net on how to run the my server, please post a link.

...People on my server want to know why they cannot rock what they downloaded without spending an hour at several Creates just to find a class they want...

Thanks again for ANYONE that can help. 

Well, m8, I do want to emphasize that the alpha doesn't contain but a fraction of content, so if you're looking for all of the same content from 2.6, you won't find it here.

That being said, if your not (which is what I suspect) then you'll need to find the white-list for the arsenal box after opening the mission pbo. Then you'll need to clear that. I didn't make the mission so you'll have to find it on your own.

Some more pics of the ppsh-41 high detail model

ppshpic9_zps0ufsz9jw.jpg

ppshpic3_zpsehjmxhuw.jpg

ppshpic4_zpsqqnoqtph.jpg

ppshpic1_zpsq0zhboo5.jpg

ppshpic5_zpstnjyekn5.jpg

ppshpic2_zpsqip1xwti.jpg

ppshpic6_zps46zkgvps.jpg

• Like 3

and von knudenbergs PU scope looks pretty amazing in A3

mosin_scope1_zpszd68roju.jpg

• Like 1

Hello 'Nam Enthusiasts! 

I'm Nakkas or Barden, and I am from the UNSUNG PR Team here to bring you guys some great news! Under the command of Sgt_Savage himself, the PR Team consisting of a couple of guys have started to work on getting you guys, the community, an inside look into the development of UNSUNG! On our new YouTube channel we will be setting up a "Meet the Devs" series where questions from the community will be passed on to the developers for a video which will be uploaded following the interview. We will also soon be setting up a live stream service through Twitch which will live stream content possibly of live development and also of live interviews. Soon we will be setting up forum signature images so you can tell who members of the PR Team are. There are even more things that I'm excited for that I can't talk about yet which we will release at a further date to the public, so for now come aboard the hype train to ride on through the jungle!  :D

Here is links to the official UNSUNG YouTube and Twitch Page (Note both these things are still currently being completed):

Please, if you have questions that you want to be asked in the "Meet the Devs" series or have any particular questions for the PR team email us through the official email (Make sure you use your username to let us know who sent the question!):

unsungofficial@gmail.com

And know the first video will be coming very soon, likely even within the next few days! Thank you for reading!

EDIT: We also have a steam group where we will be posting announcements for any further developments like the Brave release and possible upcoming "events" (Shhh ;) ):

will all the weapons and uniforms be updated to arma 3 standards instead of ports in the full version??

can you explain a little more what you mean by this?

• Like 2

will all the weapons and uniforms be updated to arma 3 standards instead of ports in the full version??

I don't even have the words to start.

• Like 2

let's recap on the published roadmap:

ALPHA

- first release - contains weapons, units, Da Krong map, jeep and truck.

- mission-makers PLEASE NOTE The alpha classnames will be changed when we move on from alpha!

BRAVO

- updated Da Krong map DONE

- some helicopters DONE

- some planes including new ones DONE

- ammoboxes and items (for mission makers to use) DONE

- all of the 2.6 units and factions (including civs) DONE

- many, many more uniforms for real factions that existed in the vietnam war DONE

- bunkers, spiderholes and sniper trees DONE but not tested

- second release will contain many of the original weapons ported to A3 90% DONE

- Evolution MP co-op mission for Bravo mod 90% READY

- full set of working attachments including scopes, suppressors, bayonets, bipods and UGLs 90% DONE

- addition of 8 new weapons models 3/4 DONE
- missilebox and armourbox for vehicle/air weapons HALF DONE

- static weapons - 1/4 DONE

- many vehicles (APC's, trucks, statics, boats) 1/4 DONE

- traps

CHARLIE

- aircraft carrier 3/4 DONE

- revision of sound pack half DONE

- revision of rug_dsai_viet and radios PLANNED

- new map by razorback DONE but not tested

- improved scripting some DONE

- fixes and tweaks to BRAVO

- artillery system

- SAM system

- some A2 maps ported

- new unit base models, new units

- new realistic persistent MP co-op nam mission by EW (a bit like dayZ but milsim)

- more planes and helis

- more trucks and tanks

- new skins for hueys

- Animals

- really violent sharks and snakes

DELTA

- fixes and tweaks to CHARLIE

- more ported maps

- new Hue map

- more mad innovations by the team

ECHO

- ACE compatibility
- TFAR compatibility
- Zeus compatibility

FOXTROT

- spaceships, zombies, NVG's and King Kong base attacks, godzilla, and any other shit that 1-post drama queens request (how about we make you a manual reading tutorial on youtube?).

• Like 3

nearly there, we should have a private bravo mod test up in about 10 days. so you can look forward to a release in maybe a month?

nearly there, we should have a private bravo mod test up in about 10 days. so you can look forward to a release in maybe a month?

Excellent news. That is a lot of work in such a short time. I am very much looking forward to seeing and playing with the new content.

I understand from previous posts that the unit classnames will be changing in the Bravo release, was the team planning on releasing the classnames in a document with Bravo? It is easy to get classnames out of game in A3 so no big deal if that isn't in the release notes, just wondering.

Second question, are there any specific plans to include Unsung specific modules as part of the mod at some point? I personally used modules very sparingly in A2 because honestly I didn't understand how most of them worked but I find myself using them much more in A3 so again, just wondering. It isn't something most mod makers talk about when discussing mod content.