sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

pls port, those Hueys are brilliant

yes those are great hueys. I don't think you have to "port" them, they are already an A3 mod. Aside from getting permission to use them from grumpy rhino they also include post Vietnam era modern helicopters (UH-1Y). The Unsung team has to pull out what they want. There may be a little work there, maybe I don't know, it might be just as easy to port their own A2 hueys to A3?

yes those are great hueys. I don't think you have to "port" them, they are already an A3 mod. Aside from getting permission to use them from grumpy rhino they also include post Vietnam era modern helicopters (UH-1Y). The Unsung team has to pull out what they want. There may be a little work there, maybe I don't know, it might be just as easy to port their own A2 hueys to A3?

I think he was referring to the Hueys we have in the A2 version of the mod, if we did go with grumpy rhino's Hueys, they would also require re-modeling the engine cowling and doors for the short bodied Huey.

i was referring to the csj hueys from unsung 2.6, with many additions by hcpookie.

these are the most historically accurate models in the armaverse.

they could do with a going-over on textures/glass etc but the models are great.

we have no plans to retire them.

also we will not be using any third-party requirements with unsung, not ever.

although people do donate models to us, nightintruder and aplion being good examples of awesome donors!

we couldn't even begin to use these helis by grumpy rhino:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27960

they are absolutely inaccurate in so many ways. the weapon systems, cabin, engine cowls, door guns, designations, etc etc are all wrong for vietnam era.

• Like 1

we're not using grumpy rhinos hueys

and we will be porting our old fleet for a last tour, unless we can convince sykocrazy or another such excellent model builder to convert the bis base model or build a new one for us.

It would be great if you could get Sykocrazy involved :p his work is Amazing.

but for the moment we are using the Medium utility helicopters addon for the huey's. They used the Arma/Take on helicopter models, nice quality.

All Tunnel Rats be advised:

New additions to the beta today (courtesy of RobertHammer)

Ruger Mk2 .22 suppressed

donated by RobertHammer
model/UVs - The_Lama
textures - sNuFFy / Splinter

ruger_mk3_zpsspvba9qu.jpg

Walther PPK suppressed

donated by RobertHammer
Model/Skin: Kimono

ppk_sd_zpsuak8vrau.jpg

The team wishes to offer a big Thank You to RH for his kind contribution to the mod pack.

• Like 2

Pook I think my eye are going bad but... is that chopper floating?!?

• Like 1

Some of us in the team has been discussing the feasibility of making a Hue urban map complete with the MACV compound and hue citadel. This is a big project and the team is currently bogged down with the A3 port. We will need a map team, building modellers and texture artists to pull it off. However most of the Altis buildings have a striking resemblance to Nam style architecture and could be used , with slight changes like signage etc

So if anyone is interested please PM me...Only serious modders need apply

Here's a Doco of how it could be ;)

• Like 2

vietcong 2 is the only game that ported the battle for HUE, now seems abandonware but maybe some investigation............. the buildings in game are quite good

Hi Unsung fellows.

I hope you'll have fun with this SP/MP [1-8] mission in Vietnam.

Mission MIETTE NAM coming soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl5UCfOyV-E

You'll need Unsung mod + medium utility helicopter(@med_util_heli) + @HAFM_A3

Note: anyone could tell me how to upload this video? I've an "my media" icon in editor but i don't know how to use it. Tks

• Like 1

Do you think there is a chance that the 1919 static emplacement would be made into a primary portable weapon? It was used by ARVN forces and some US early on in the war.

typical 1 poster comment - asking for stuff that is already in the mod in arma 2, and clearly coming to arma 3 in due course...

yes mate all statics will be baggable, and most will have added searchlights so they can be used effectively at night.

• Like 2

Do you think there is a chance that the 1919 static emplacement would be made into a primary portable weapon? It was used by ARVN forces and some US early on in the war.

We haven't gotten to any of the statics yet.

Alright, guy, I didn't know if they were gonna make it a regular handheld weapon instead of a static, or not, but okay.

nah it won't be handheld, as that only happens in real emergencies lol

damn, the one gun i wanted to see handheld. I even tried to make a low poly model myself but I couldn't even do it in solidworks. All i could ever find was super high poly (1 million +) and it was super upsetting

vietcong 2 is the only game that ported the battle for HUE, now seems abandonware but maybe some investigation............. the buildings in game are quite good

I know it well , it was a blast!! better than VC 1 IMO but sadly we would be leaving ourselves open if we did use that content.

No we will do what we always have "Build it our damn selves " :)

• Like 1

yeah i played the hue citadel battle over and over again in vietcong

remember it started in the town hall - the tet celebrations kicked off with a lot of fireworks!

then spamming AAA at the vc mainforce with the pbr guns was awesome

vietcong 1 and 2  had the only fault that the producer was not called DICE, but a very deep story i SP and  quite good MP

• Like 1

Ah well , at least you will be all able to play it in unsung style again if we can make it work and get a little more help to do it  ;)

Some of the EW guys are stoked for Hue, have downloaded the tools, and started building french/vietnamese architecture.  Honestly the TS chat last night during an intense firefight was all about the dude who built the citadel in 1804, and why.... lol

• Like 1