sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Searching the topic also works. ;) Regarding the FPS, I also have good framerates with the new island and units, with a decent amount of infantry placed and fighting on the map. Very nice release guys! Thank you for all the hard work you have put into the mod. 

Well after nearly an entire day of tweaking, recompiling, and retesting, the thing works "relatively" well.  Tracks no longer sag due to the excess weight.  I adjusted the landcontact points to make that work, I couldn't get all the physx crap working well.  Engine noises and shifting seems to work well, but the low-low gear still needs forward motion to make it work.  So you have to get a running start at some things to push them.  An unexpected by-product is that it tends to slide down hills now, although I've tweaked the settings that according to the biki affect this behavior.  So it may only have limited utility near airbases.

Torque at stand-still is basically nonexistant due to very suboptimal (nonphysical) design in physX. I reported about it here. Unfortunately no news since ages. I sincerely hope BI they get at it with Tanoa expansion :/

You define value sets in the torque curve first value = modifier for "redRpm" token, second value is modifier for "peakTorque" token. You can have a maximum of 8 sets to describe your curve. To have the gearbox function properly you should have a distinct "peak" somewhere in the middle of the torque-rpm curve (like the blue curve here). The car sample in the A3 tools has detailed comments on the different physx tokens. Alternatively - read nvidia documentation

This looks great! Are the factions compatible with ALIVE? Is there a list of faction names for ALIVE?  

Torque at stand-still is basically nonexistant due to very suboptimal (nonphysical) design in physX. I reported about it here. Unfortunately no news since ages. I sincerely hope BI they get at it with Tanoa expansion :/

You define value sets in the torque curve first value = modifier for "redRpm" token, second value is modifier for "peakTorque" token. You can have a maximum of 8 sets to describe your curve. To have the gearbox function properly you should have a distinct "peak" somewhere in the middle of the torque-rpm curve (like the blue curve here). The car sample in the A3 tools has detailed comments on the different physx tokens. Alternatively - read nvidia documentation

I'm sorry I fell asleep while reading this :p  Seriously though I spent the better part of the day Saturday fucking around with different values... up and down the scale.  None of them worked and it appears I rediscovered what others like yourself already knew... I hate it when that happens!

I doubt I'll ever get around to reading documentation to try to tweak the torque that has already been observed to mis-behave.  It is a shame that's how it works.

The good news is the vehicle tends to work "for the most part" on level surfaces.  Put it near a slope and it tends to slide downhill like its on ice.  So there's that.  I may just have to remove this special purpose vehicle since it is basically eye candy at this point.

sliding can be due to longitudinalStiffnessPerUnitGravity, latStiffX & latStiffY not beeing in balance.

And of course frictionVsSlipGraph[], but default values for the graph are unlikely to be cause of this issue

sliding can be due to longitudinalStiffnessPerUnitGravity, latStiffX & latStiffY not beeing in balance.

And of course frictionVsSlipGraph[], but default values for the graph are unlikely to be cause of this issue

I'll have to look into that I guess - thanks for the tip!

I updated our Mod DB with a few pics of our up coming line units ,

I love the French Lizard stripe camo and French style berets.

This looks great! Are the factions compatible with ALIVE? Is there a list of faction names for ALIVE?  

can we get a andwer to this because this would be th e first alive server i would ever play

can we get a andwer to this because this would be th e first alive server i would ever play

If you search the thread (the forum even has a function for this!!!!) you will find your answer.  No it doesn't work with Alive.

Beautiful work on everything I've seen so far. Will there be an ARVN faction as in ArmA 2? Really exciting. Charlie is still hunting me in ArmA 2  . . . can't get enough. Hahaha LOL

Wish you guys a happy new year.

Cheers

Yes man there will be ARVN.  If you look through the pics you will see pics of ARVN.  Cheers

NEW for Unsung A3 and the New Year:

V-100 series - aka XM-706 - aka "Ze Commando" - base model donated by VILAS and I only added the versions, interior, and PhysX stuff!!!

Left to right:  XM-706-E2 USAF-specific model mostly used for security patrols w/ seating for 8; center - XM-706-E1 w/ .30 cal and .50 cal MG on turret w/ seating for 6; right - XM-706 ARVN model w/ 2x .30 cal on turret w/ seating for 6.

V100set.jpg

A wish  /  request:

If there are any artists out there that would be willing to contribute, we have need of the logos and catch-phrases that were commonly painted on the front skid-plate.  I'm simply too busy to make a set of these.  As you know from 2.6, the M113's were covered in art that I painstakingly collected, and randomly appear on all the M113's, which are synchronized for MP play, so everyone gets to see the same thing!

I wish to add this art fest to Ze Commando, so any art that people may have or can create which would be appropriate for the era, such as catch phrases, art "doodle" sketches, etc. are welcome to send them my way and I'll add them to the rotation! 

Examples for the V100 - and yes there are several Gun Truck insignia phrases in there... I will welcome any of those as well!  Note the large rectangular shape and how it is always painted to avoid the winch in the top center:

http://www.720mpreunion.org/history/vehicles/v100/budweiser/g1252atn-.gif

http://560mp.tripod.com/560MP/Phu%20Tai3.htm

http://560mp.tripod.com/560MP/Phu%20Tai4.htm

http://560mp.tripod.com/560MP/Phu%20Tai2.htm

• Like 3

SuppressedK.jpg

Im also hoping to add this beauty for a3, for sog use only!

• Like 2

Both the SwedishK and the STAB would be great to have. They are as much a part of the Vietnam war as the huey.

Thanks for the work.  Is there an easy way to search for SP or MP/COOP mission for this MOD?

Loving the mod so far, just one question:

Is there a possibility to have rather than for each rank a seperate uniform having just the unit uniforms and the ranks as insignias from the insignia tab? :o