sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Steam groups playing unsung vietnam:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/unsungmodteam

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/UnsungVietnamMod

Join one and kickstart a game

If you missed A2 version and want to see what is coming to A3 check it out here - we run pretty much the last A2 server with full mod functionality included.

http://www.elite-warriors.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?3906-Evolution-Vietnam

Jim Donahue's blackjack books are short but extremely gripping

Make sure you lower your view distance and object draw distance.  You dont really need anymore than 800m, this can be as little as 300/400m, if your in some of dens areas.

i have amazing fps in this alpha

like 5x better than A2

NightIntruder allowed the Unsung mod to use his C-1 Trader and A-3 Sky Warrior, thanks a lot! I've put some work in getting these basically ready. Though the work isn't complete yet, here a short teaser:

• Like 2

M113 Engineering recovery vehicle is working.  The plow will push around just about anything.  So next time you need a runway, bridge, or FARP cleared, call us! 

A QUESTION:  The PhysX torqueCurve settings need to be improved to ensure this monster has good performance.  How does one go about mapping the values?  I am not clear on what the numbers mean, as the BIKi only explains that the numbers can be altered.  Does this value equate to different gear shifting behavior as well?

M113engineer.jpg

• Like 4

I've been trying to configure vehicles and their handling is a thing I just never got right. Hitpoints is another. I hope you manage to figure it out!

M113 Engineering recovery vehicle is working.  The plow will push around just about anything.  So next time you need a runway, bridge, or FARP cleared, call us! 

A QUESTION:  The PhysX torqueCurve settings need to be improved to ensure this monster has good performance.  How does one go about mapping the values?  I am not clear on what the numbers mean, as the BIKi only explains that the numbers can be altered.  Does this value equate to different gear shifting behavior as well?

M113engineer.jpg

Well after nearly an entire day of tweaking, recompiling, and retesting, the thing works "relatively" well.  Tracks no longer sag due to the excess weight.  I adjusted the landcontact points to make that work, I couldn't get all the physx crap working well.  Engine noises and shifting seems to work well, but the low-low gear still needs forward motion to make it work.  So you have to get a running start at some things to push them.  An unexpected by-product is that it tends to slide down hills now, although I've tweaked the settings that according to the biki affect this behavior.  So it may only have limited utility near airbases.

Santa has a new sleigh - bringing all sorts of goodies to all the little VC!

H13test1.jpg  H13test2.jpg

• Like 1

Suicide is painless... It brings on many changes...

Johnny Mandel. But the Manic Street Preacher version is good too!

A couple of things if you're open to it?

1) the trees get destroyed too easily - just a few mortar rounds will lay waste to even large trees.

2) the Riflemen using AK-47 only (seem to) fire in single fire mode, no auto fire (spray and pray was the tactic of the day).

Just my 2 cents for your consideration as you work towards Beta and finally Phase I release.

Yeah the alpha team didnt use the older configs as a base. Sav had spent months perfecting the weapon configs with all the different fire modes for AI. These mean that at marginally different ranges AI change firing pattern and the sound also changes.

These will come into the next release, but we have a ton of work to do on them, which is why they didnt get into alpha

Any plans to port over the A6 Intruder you had in the v 2.6 pack? Would love to see that aircraft in Arma 3! 

gp7t.jpg

lj87.jpg

cbu24-1_zpscb611e2a.jpg~original

• Like 2

As stated before we intend to port as much as possible from a2

The planes are a dead cert

• Like 1

As stated before we intend to port as much as possible from a2

The planes are a dead cert

Really nice to hear. Maybe see if you guys could work together with Firewill when it comes to the planes? He has some awesome ones and really good service menu and stuff. 

ACE3 seems to not work with UNSUNG...

As states before it is unlikely to work with ACE - try reading the thread

• Like 1

I actually had an op with my milsim group with this mod and ACE worked fine for us along with the units (:

I actually had an op with my milsim group with this mod and ACE worked fine for us along with the units (:

Yup ACE works for me too but....I don't use all of it and that could be why. I don't use the medical system or the weapon over heating, ACE Hearing, Goggles and Recoil are not used either with my version of the Addon. As a result I have no issues with ACE running with the UNSUNG Alpha, one or more of those pbo's may be causing a problem for some.

The thread is getting long but it would still be nice if people would do a cursory browse through the thread to see if their issue had been addressed in some way rather than just state, which by now is obvious.