sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

ALPHA RELEASE INCOMING  !!!  :)

My body is ready. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

I'm just waiting to be recruited as part of the map development team!  :D

ALPHA RELEASE INCOMING  !!!  :)

Oh Ya, bring it on.

The map is marvelous! It seems to be quiet well optimized too. The FOB Sarge, the river, villages and the jungle are both realistic and immersive. Great job, team! 

Im gonna nip this in the butt after reading some of the comments about Air Cav Vietnam that are false.

1. Nothing was taken from unsung A2 everything taken from the armaholic community has proper credits that be saying we did the re-skins our selves  

2.  The Vietnam Map that we are using on our server was created by a fellow clan member by scratch and did not steal ideas from your map.

3. There was no finish line or a race for that matter.  The only reason Air Cav Vietnam was created because the VTE mod caused errors on our map. After two whole years we assumed the project was dead.

Ironically during our teaser stage people joked "this better not become another Unsung"

That being said you have your mod and we have ours, doing things "right" matter of opinion.

@Ogrinho don't worry man.  You are still under my radar... When Razorback is ready I will contact you.  Cheers man.  I like your motivation.

• Like 1

Im gonna nip this in the butt after reading some of the comments about Air Cav Vietnam that are false.

1. Nothing was taken from unsung A2 everything taken from the armaholic community has proper credits that be saying we did the re-skins our selves  

2.  The Vietnam Map that we are using on our server was created by a fellow clan member by scratch and did not steal ideas from your map.

3. There was no finish line or a race for that matter.  The only reason Air Cav Vietnam was created because the VTE mod caused errors on our map. After two whole years we assumed the project was dead.

hey man take it easy. 

As "general license enforcer for unsung" I took a good look at your mod release notes and screenshots when the mod was first raised to our awareness.

I could see clearly you had not infringed our materials.  As such we have raised no issue or claim of infringement with you.

We did catch another guy busy unpacking our A2 mod and posting screenshots on steam workshop of parts of the mod ported to A3, and offering to sell ported pbos to people.  He got dealt with by BIS and Steam.

Good luck with your mod mate, plenty of room for other nam stuff.

i just want to know will the uniforms be updated to the arma 3 standard and will the weapons be updated with the arma 3 weapon animations?

Are those Colonial-era ruins in Indian Country? Very cool!

I'm taking a shit load of screen shots, I'll post them later.

Note: having an issue with the Virtual Arsenal. I take the civilians, add headbags, and paste into the init/hit preview, and there is no change. I also noticed that doing a similar cosmetic change (in this case smokes for a machinegunner) randomized the weaponry (he spawns with a shotgun).

Hey there! I saw u need modellers. If u want, i can help u with it, but only modells. At this moment i doing Armed Forces of Ukraine and US paratroopers for Iron Front.

j7pDdRG19tU.jpg

5EXNHFbNQjI.jpg

H8uKjgAMbo4.jpg

cHLDeqCyneA.jpg

r_eI1ejDEA8.jpg

But....I thought Iron Front A3 was dead....?  :o

No! Yesterday we had ~150 peoples game, mission "D-Day". Each Thursday at 21:00 Moscow. Near 50 peoples each games. There are norussians too, as ukrainian, as belorussian, as czechs, as french.

Here forum (http://wogames.info/forum/205-mwog-iron-front/).

So its a Russian community? I dont speak russian :(

NEWS TODAY:

I've been working on some ammo crates today - hope to make some composites tomorrow with helmets and clutter on them

pook has been working on his M113 pack

Souldrinker has made some australian weapons

Diabolical is making an SKS for CUP, which we may be getting

We have a replacement snakeeye pack from wld427 (mk81 and mk82) which I've been compiling and tweaking and configging today

Razorback and bigstone are working on more unit gear and helmets and SOG uniforms

it's all go in Camp Savage!

Alright more 21 new pics for you Nam Nuts out there.  Two sets of US Army Military Police Uniforms.  One set in flak and the other set non-flak.  The unit is the 716th MP BN that served in Siagon. These uniform sets and other new uniform sets that I will post will be in the beta stage.  Enjoy:  http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/Wendell_C_Stone/library/?view=recent&page=1

• Like 2

bigstone everytime i press on the link it takes me back to this forum page.

If you go over to the release forum and find bigstone's last post the link works. Its for the same pictures.