sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Will the hueys be ported from arma 2's unsung? Because they were the best hueys I've seen in arma and surely it would be easier to port than to build from scratch?

Will the hueys be ported from arma 2's unsung? Because they were the best hueys I've seen in arma and surely it would be easier to port than to build from scratch?

As it stands now, this will most likely be the case at first, but we will try and phase them out at some point in order to get a new set that looks better than they do in arma 3, because, quite frankly, they aren't quite up to par.

I imported the CSJ hueys into 2.6 over from the original A1 models. The models feature all the "things" but the textures aren't as nice as they could be. We need some bright person who knows how to make better looking textures for certain! I for one doubt you could squeeze much more into the model itself, as I had to create proxies for some of the detail parts since we were exceeding the 32k vertex limit in DirectX. Cockpit textures especially are areas needing some TLC. Any more detail will need to start that whole thing about bump mapping, which again a good texture artist would be able to improve upon!

Edited by hcpookie

Hello everyone I am the new PR guy with the Unsung mod. I have taken some screenshots for your eyeball pleasure :). http://imgur.com/a/Uy2Yi

Wow that picture with the jungle path between the rocks reminded me of Vietcong :cool:

That's not our huey pack, sorry. And if someone wants to reinvent the wheel and do the 3d models from scratch, I wish them good luck! :D

That's not our huey pack, sorry. And if someone wants to reinvent the wheel and do the 3d models from scratch, I wish them good luck! :D

i know but i tried both packs and the models are pretty good, are made from the huey in arma OA

great work unsung team. eager to see it in A3!

Really looking forward to this in A3.

i'm pretty sure those are ports of the Marines Huey from arma 2 (grey one) and the old school Huey from OA (green shark face). you should consider using the sample models as a base. they should be pretty solid, especially in terms of LODs and stuff. so you'd just need to update/change the textures a little (if you see fit) and add whatever you want from your own models to those ones.

you should ask the CUP guys if they already ported those babies. they will surely share the source files with you so you won't even have to do any porting work. just adding fancy stuff to a working model.

in all honesty i haven't looked at your Hueys ingame for a very long time so i can't say if the arma 2 and OA ones are better. just a reminder that the editable source is available. :)

Wow the mod is looking really good. Is that a custom island made by the Unsung team or were you playing/testing on another mod island?

Any chance of an Alpha release? I'm particularly anxious for some VC/NVA to shoot :cool:

I know, you get asked for a release date all the time :)

Wow the mod is looking really good. Is that a custom island made by the Unsung team or were you playing/testing on another mod island?

Any chance of an Alpha release? I'm particularly anxious for some VC/NVA to shoot :cool:

I know, you get asked for a release date all the time :)

Yes it is a custom map, but ATM we do not have a release date for a Alpha/early alpha (so to speak).

Everything looks amazing!

Unsung was one of my favourite mod on A2, eager to see it on A3

Keep it up guys, good job so far. At least when Tanoa comes out your mappers will have some BIS jungle assets to play with.

It will be, by far, my favourite ArmA 3 mod. Thank you guys!

;)

Wow that picture with the jungle path between the rocks reminded me of Vietcong :cool:

Funny there is a "Three Canyons" on the map. hint hint :)

Hey sorry for late reply :) but It will more that likely be around say 4 or more gigs. Not too sure at this stage.

Great to see the return of SGT Sav and Unsung Mod. It is refreshing to see something a bit different in the Arma series. I for one am tired of seeing reskins/repaints of the same weapons/vehicles over and over again. Unsung (and VTE) have given me many hours of enjoyment over the years. Cant wait for this iteration!

Thanks for the image updates docb58! It helps to visualise the new stuff as it helps stimulate mission ideas ;)

Any chance we will be seeing an M-274 Mule in the mod?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2737/4045199817_7d0fcd9624_m.jpg

Edited by FallujahMedic(FM)

Great to see the return of SGT Sav and Unsung Mod.

I'm back ? :rock:

Well not exactly , I am in an advisory role if needed. I just check in here every now and then to see the progress and what the guys are up to. I fear my arma modding days are over sadly. I removed myself from the team chat channel. Also I just set up my new PC and I haven't installed Arma 2 or 3 yet.

I'm contacting another well known game developer about a possible new story line / DLC hope they might pick it up will see I guess.

But hey thanks for remembering me :D

:cheers:

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE