sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

the new jungle vegetation of the expansion terrain will hopefully give this mod an extra push. i'm happy for you guys since it potentially means the engine or atleast the new assets will be tailored more towards what you guys are trying to achieve here. exciting times.

the new jungle vegetation of the expansion terrain will hopefully give this mod an extra push. i'm happy for you guys since it potentially means the engine or atleast the new assets will be tailored more towards what you guys are trying to achieve here. exciting times.

+12

http://www.bistudio.com/assets/articles/img/arma3_tanoa_screenshot_02.jpg (2589 kB)

cool, give them six months to sort out the AI behaviour in the bush so they're not x-ray sighted laser terminators and we'll be good to go!

this is good though, i just wish we could find a way to change the in game UI graphics so they dont look all hexagonal and futuristic, as this really spoils the nam feel.

BIS gave us the option to change the colours of the UI but if they could allow different UI themes (menu types, shapes, etc) to be developed by modders that would be even better...

cool, give them six months to sort out the AI behaviour in the bush so they're not x-ray sighted laser terminators and we'll be good to go!

this is good though, i just wish we could find a way to change the in game UI graphics so they dont look all hexagonal and futuristic, as this really spoils the nam feel.

BIS gave us the option to change the colours of the UI but if they could allow different UI themes (menu types, shapes, etc) to be developed by modders that would be even better...

I think this is possible. It should just come down to a replacement config, although don't take my word as gospel.

I44 did this in A2. Don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

manpower! we'll be needing a UI artist. good to know though

to me the unsung in A3 can be superior

wow, that's very cartoony, not dirty and sweaty like unsung.

wow, that's very cartoony, not dirty and sweaty like unsung.

my same thought, reminds me EOD mod for bf2 , if i could have your VCs and NVA from arma 2,6 would still better than RS2

yeah unsung is very like VietCong, all grainy and stressy when youre in a bush fight, not cinematic and crisp/smoothed like some nam games

i wonder if we can get our hands on the vegetation pack for this...

the water reflections of coastal bushes at 1.04 make me shiver

Edited by eggbeast

well they're saying 2016 for the expansion pack, so we'll all have to buy it then, and then probably wait several years for the sample models of the foliage, so it's not gonna happen any time soon, meanwhile we still need a good foliage pack to be "donated" to the mod team for making islands.

Hello everyone I am the new PR guy with the Unsung mod. I have taken some screenshots for your eyeball pleasure :). http://imgur.com/a/Uy2Yi

Edited by docb58

That hill looks like it will be a bitch to take!

Nice work chaps!

I came here to be amazed and now I'm leaving annoyed!!!!!!!...

Why can't I have this now!

Ok going to put this out there: is the 1st Australian Task Force going to be in 3.0 or is it coming latter on

Ok going to put this out there: is the 1st Australian Task Force going to be in 3.0 or is it coming latter on

As it stands now, we don't have any particular factions planned for our first release. We're still working on porting the work as well as recruiting new members. We will take note of this, though and make sure that they will be included, even if it is post-release.