sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Is it possible to enjoy unsung 2.6 in arma 3? Really loved your guys work of arma 2, can't wait for arma 3 :P

we play 2.6 regularly in A2OA here

http://www.elite-warriors.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?3906-Evolution-Vietnam

some of the 2.6 dev team are regulars. so if anyone wants a tour of the kit feel free to pop in for a game of old skool A2

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

it has been difficult or fruitless to contact some of our previous contributors. We ultimately need volunteers.

there are still a variety of us who worked on 2.6 who might be inclined to help if the conditions were right, but we have not been contacted for many months about this need.

Stone, send us all a PM and we may be able to help.

Hi eggbeast;

To just re-state the obvious, are saying you are playing a ported version of Unsung 2.6 using A2OA?

wow, I didn't think that was possible. I thought that maps, weapons and vehicles were possible but not units. Can you do save game in single player also?

Stone, send us all a PM and we may be able to help.

Agreed.

are saying you are playing a ported version of Unsung 2.6 using A2OA?
feel free to pop in for a game of old skool A2

no it's A2 but mega fun

eggbeast,

thanks for the response and clarification. I played lots of Unsung and always enjoyed it which is why I'm eager to see it on A3.

it will take a long time man, so you must get your fix in A2.

We already have a pretty good jungle map with Nziwasogo, large and lots of atmosphere. There's a Huey mod out there that can be used also. None of this is perfect for a Vietnam mod as is but like eggbeast said the Unsung mod is going to take a long time. All I need to keep busy for a while until the mod is ready for its 1st release are some units (US, VC, NVA). I'm sure that isn't a small task but its a start.

We already have a pretty good jungle map with Nziwasogo, large and lots of atmosphere. There's a Huey mod out there that can be used also. None of this is perfect for a Vietnam mod as is but like eggbeast said the Unsung mod is going to take a long time. All I need to keep busy for a while until the mod is ready for its 1st release are some units (US, VC, NVA). I'm sure that isn't a small task but its a start.

Let's be realistic. "Long time" for a mod consisting of 5-20 people (*depending on levels of commitment) is likely a year out before it can realistically be played in the public eye. That's optimistic of course. People doing this for a hobby without pay makes a difference vs. pushing something for a paycheck with a timeline. But then again you get "polished" vs. "released" product :) And also "version 1" is always the ground-level beginning isn't it... it took up to v2.6 for the "polished product" of 2.6 to release. And between 2.5 and 2.6 was a whole year... I know that because that's when I got "suckered in" to the mod :) The Unsung 2.6 servers will simply be the de facto standard for some time yet. All this "are we there yet" posting is just a waste of time.

Good luck with your mod. :)

I really enjoyed Unsung for Arma 2 and hope that it will be nearly perfect on Arma 3. I'm quite thrilled about the Vietnam setting again. :D

Do you guys have a link to where you post up updates to what you have done/still have to do?

Do you guys have a link to where you post up updates to what you have done/still have to do?

A list of stuff for that would be incredibly long and arduous. We are working on it. You may have seen some of the screenshots awhile back, but we do have a new terrain that's got really good progress as well as some new weapon models.

I've been playing on your Elite Warriors server as of late, it's a fun scenario. But are there any scheduled games where more players show? I'd love to see what a team operating together could do with all of that air support and such.

Keep it coming mates. Judging the looks and feel of the A2 version of The Unsung i guess that A3 Unsung will become awesome. :)

I've been playing on your Elite Warriors server as of late, it's a fun scenario. But are there any scheduled games where more players show? I'd love to see what a team operating together could do with all of that air support and such.

yes indeed, a big part of my work in the past few months has been taking the unsung MP alpha test team (inc quite a few of the devs) to a new clan - Elite Warriors, as they have a good recruiting process and a lot of new players who get trained to play the game and then they drift from the public unmodded servers into our web of modded servers (BAFX and unsung). we now have the potential to fill servers on game nights, which is amazing.

i'm also planning with some of the guys to add some advanced training modules to the already great training system the clan uses.

this would likely include jungle warfare and survival, 1960's aviation, night fighting and unsung rifle range practise.

this would be delivered by me and some of the other unsung devs, who can help explain how the mod works to its full potential

anyone popping into the server when we're on is welcome to our TS where they can share the knowledge and the love of the era.

the first unsung event is happening on thu 11 june 20.00GMT til whenever the yanks clock off (e.g. 0600 GMT) - details on our website. we will then be hosting them fortnightly, but also playing on the server often during the time between events.

Edited by eggbeast

yes indeed, a big part of my work in the past few months has been taking the unsung MP alpha test team (inc quite a few of the devs) to a new clan - Elite Warriors, as they have a good recruiting process and a lot of new players who get trained to play the game and then they drift from the public unmodded servers into our web of modded servers (BAFX and unsung). we now have the potential to fill servers on game nights, which is amazing.

i'm also planning with some of the guys to add some advanced training modules to the already great training system the clan uses.

this would likely include jungle warfare and survival, 1960's aviation, night fighting and unsung rifle range practise.

this would be delivered by me and some of the other unsung devs, who can help explain how the mod works to its full potential

anyone popping into the server when we're on is welcome to our TS where they can share the knowledge and the love of the era.

the first unsung event is happening on thu 11 june 20.00GMT til whenever the yanks clock off (e.g. 0600 GMT) - details on our website. we will then be hosting them fortnightly, but also playing on the server often during the time between events.

Also note that will hold public trainings from time to time on servers like the BafX and Unsung. these are the days we ussually get the missions completly full so if your interested keep or forums in the eye and our di will post something about it ;)

@devilslayersbane I enjoy keeping people up to date with lists of stuff. I don't know how to do coding/modeling yet, but would it be possible if I could help any other way? I do take a lot of screenshots in/for arma too if that counts for anything.

@devilslayersbane I enjoy keeping people up to date with lists of stuff. I don't know how to do coding/modeling yet, but would it be possible if I could help any other way? I do take a lot of screenshots in/for arma too if that counts for anything.

haha. A secretary position of sorts? Idk. That's not up to me. You should talk to bigstone. He's running the show. Or, rather, I can let him know that you're interested in an organizational/promotional position.

haha. A secretary position of sorts? Idk. That's not up to me. You should talk to bigstone. He's running the show. Or, rather, I can let him know that you're interested in an organizational/promotional position.

That would be sweet man. Yeas even if their isn't anything I can do to help, thanks for the reply.

fingers crossed for a new A3 terrain expansion in south asia;)

That would be sweet man. Yeas even if their isn't anything I can do to help, thanks for the reply.

Keep an eye on your inbox!

well we had 21 players patrolling the jungle last night - about 1/3rd were new to the mod, and had quite an experience.

http://www.elite-warriors.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?4014-Arma-2-CO-Evo-Vietnam-Event&p=12850&viewfull=1#post12850

next op we're gonna do in the dark. in about 2 weeks.

plenty of jungle action to be had in A2 anyway for now.

stone - add me n pook to the skype group when you can bud

Edited by eggbeast