sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

hey guys,

who's running the mod now? I actually started The Unsung like 15 years ago! It originally all started with some SEBNAM units, and some cool anim stances lol.. It was just a screenshot and a dream! lol I try to come back every few years but life has been crazy, I will be off work for a while and wanted to get back into it.

Great to see the torch has been held high all these years. How do i get down again?

thanks

PS i'm a professional graphic designer so texture work should be super easy, and I'm a musician with a full recording studio at my house and years of sound editing experience so sound modding should be easy as well. Besides those skills I want to get into modelling (again, though I was super novice when i dabbled in it last) and make some high quality vegetation and ultimately an elaborate Vietnam island for Arma3, i've been dreaming about this for years and want to finally make it happen.

Edited by Drow09

Hi Drow09,

Glad that you are excited about the mod. Sgt Sav passed the torch to me. As it stands right now we need more 3D Artist with experience in making vegetation and porting stuff over from Arma 2 to Arma 3. Please PM me when you get a chance and give me your skype name. Anyone else that is interested in giving a helping hand let me know your skill set through PM thank you.

Ok well I will post the update then :P

While updates have been a bit quiet the team is still chugging along....

Here are a few more screens of Razorbacks Dakrong island that will be release in 3.0

2015-04-01_00003_zpsu70oklxi.jpg

2015-04-01_00001_zps4elkng7y.jpg

2015-03-29_00003_zpsbyqj3xyr.jpg

Also some WIP pictures of Francesko DC Goletiani's new Ontos ....

b_zpslfxshruz.jpg

f_zpswrqixwvn.jpg

l_zps1m5b5zfv.jpg

Hi Drow09,

Glad that you are excited about the mod. Sgt Sav passed the torch to me. As it stands right now we need more 3D Artist with experience in making vegetation and porting stuff over from Arma 2 to Arma 3. Please PM me when you get a chance and give me your skype name. Anyone else that is interested in giving a helping hand let me know your skill set through PM thank you.

Like I told Sav I have no problem helping out with those models I created, but I just can't devote a great deal of time to the mod any more ;)

Amazing screenshots. Keep it up, bud!

with the new a3 lights this mod will be awesome!

Those pics do look great. Vietnam will really come to life in A3. I hope the missions/campaign will feature lots of 60s and 70s rock music too. :)

.... I hope the missions/campaign will feature lots of 60s and 70s rock music too. :)

"That's a bad jam, man."

"Redneck noise, dude, that's all it is."

. --Platoon

I'm not at my main computer right now so can't get a handsome screenshot of it, but I have a shark teeth Huey skin that I'd be happy to donate:

http://i.imgur.com/6zXKvRe.png (779 kB)

...(assuming you'll be porting the A2 model), along with other slight variations in colour. Ideally, if I could work with someone who's at home in Oxygen, I'd have selections made up on it to have proper serial number (and paint job) randomisation. If that can happen, I'll be happy to make quite a few different skins.

I'd also quite like to work on lots of custom helmet variants.

If you have a modeller who can transform the A2 Littlebird into an OH-6 Loach (just has a different tail fin, afaik) then I'd be up for retexturing that as well.

Edited by Beazley

Hello Arma 3 community. Here is a video of a ported PBR WIP into Arma 3 by Unsung 3.0 team member TeTeT. More videos and pics will come along . Enjoy

Hello Arma 3 community. Here is a video of a ported PBR WIP into Arma 3 by Unsung 3.0 team member TeTeT. More videos and pics will come along . Enjoy

Looks great, I like the look of the island also.

I'm looking forward to playing this mod, hard to wait sometimes....."what do you mean you don't work on this full time for free" :)

Ponds! Get them rice fields going! Haha great stuff

The Ponds are great for small streams.swamps and lakes.

i'm wondering the beauty of this mod ported on "crysis wars" ;)

Sorry fellas for not showing any WIP pics atm... We are in a slow grind and it may come to a halt. So for now just enjoy Unsung 2.6. If things pick up again we will post more WIP pics.

Edited by bigstone

Sorry fellas for not showing any WIP pics atm... We are in a slow grind and it may come to a halt. So for now just enjoy Unsung 2.6. If things pic up again we will post more WIP pics.

Well I hope this isn't hinting that the project may die.

Honestly I'd be happy with a Alpha/Beta of some units, US or VC/NVA just to keep me busy with missions for a bit.

Honestly I'd be happy with a Alpha/Beta of some units, US or VC/NVA just to keep me busy with missions for a bit.

i agree :)

Sorry fellas for not showing any WIP pics atm... We are in a slow grind and it may come to a halt. So for now just enjoy Unsung 2.6. If things pick up again we will post more WIP pics.

can we help in some manner?

can we help in some manner?

YES! We need 3d and texture artists. We have a only a limited number at the moment and it has been difficult or fruitless to contact some of our previous contributors. We ultimately need volunteers.

@Zukov I agree with devilslayersbane... We do need 3d and texture artists. PM me and we can take it from there. Thanks