sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

I have uploaded more screenshots at our mod db site just click on the link in my signature at the bottom. I will post them here too soon

Holy shit. That map is looking fineeeeeeeee

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Also, are you teaming with GX addons again for the amazing evac and support systems?

Also, would you be able to make the guns look war scared like on Battlefield Bad Company: Vietnam. With the leather traps around the m14 mags and the cloth, rust and dogtags on the m16?

I just saw Vietnam in HD on netflix and now I am hyped.

Vietnam was such an interesting long war and the documentary made me realize how costly the war was in human lives. It also made me realize how much resources were invested in it movies tend to make it seem like a small scale counter insurgency but the battles were quite large in reality and some of the battles like the tet offensive were just crazy involving tens of thousands of troops.

Firstly congrats, this is definitely my most anticipated mod and always has been my favorite throughout the arma series. Don't mean to be nit-picky, this is tiny and just my humble 2 cents. Looking at the OH-6, you guys have done such a great job in changing the tail boom to represent the Loach, any chance you could also make it 4 bladed to complete the model like your previous versions?

The screen shots look great, further along than I thought.

I'm looking forward to more WIP screen shots as new content gets developed.

Firstly congrats, this is definitely my most anticipated mod and always has been my favorite throughout the arma series. Don't mean to be nit-picky, this is tiny and just my humble 2 cents. Looking at the OH-6, you guys have done such a great job in changing the tail boom to represent the Loach, any chance you could also make it 4 bladed to complete the model like your previous versions?

This is razorbacks version i was using , the unsung version has the 4 blades. Nice catch btw

This is razorbacks version i was using , the unsung version has the 4 blades. Nice catch btw

Regarding this. 2 5-bladed OH-6's were made and used during the Vietnam war, for special forces operations. One was shot down. It could be something we keep under sf.

Regarding this. 2 5-bladed OH-6's were made and used during the Vietnam war, for special forces operations. One was shot down. It could be something we keep under sf.

If these birds you're talking about are the same ones used by the CIA, they also had a 4-bladed tail rotor, an exhaust suppressor, a FLIR pod and i believe 2 external fuel tanks modified to work as some sort of hover control system for night time flying. Would be really awesome to have those ingame!

Edited by sykoCrazy

If these birds you're talking about are the same ones used by the CIA, they also had a 4-bladed tail rotor, an exhaust suppressor, a FLIR pod and i believe 2 external fuel tanks modified to work as some sort of hover control system for night time flying. Would be really awesome to have those ingame!

IIRC it was the oh-6C model. But I cannot find any reference pictures on it :(

---------- Post added at 07:44 ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 ----------

Cause there are none !! It was so hush hush only 2 were made

IIRC it was the oh-6C model. But I cannot find any reference pictures on it :(

---------- Post added at 07:44 ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 ----------

Cause there are none !! It was so hush hush only 2 were made

There are 3 or 4 pictures that i know of the CIA bird. here are 2 of them

6.jpg

1.jpg

I stand corrected !! :O

Von Knudenberg has also a video!!

I will ask the team if they can make it for the next installment ;)

Sav

A little late but for those whom missed these on ModDb :)

arma3_2015-1-26-16-7-12-650.jpg

arma3_2015-1-27-22-6-33-226.jpg

arma3_2015-1-27-22-18-19-412.jpg

arma3_2015-1-27-22-24-37-365.jpg

arma3_2015-1-27-22-39-50-923.jpg

arma3_2015-1-26-16-5-7-121.jpg

New VC Dunlop Cross Trainers by Granq :D ... Left side A2 right A3

88362EFC2845A84B277D81F9DD3061C00AE7557C6040B9D853pimgpsh_fullsize_distr_zpse4000eca.jpg

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

yesterday i have put UNS 2.6 brutally in A3, the amount of stuff is enormous!

thumbs up guys!

i hope the jungles are dark and has the feeling you can get lost in them.. not like on altis haha

yesterday i have put UNS 2.6 brutally in A3, the amount of stuff is enormous!

thumbs up guys!

Do you only need AiA and unsung to make it work on ArmA 3?

Do you only need AiA and unsung to make it work on ArmA 3?

no AIA is not required, i spawned some stuff (Phantom A6 intruder and some building), with a3 lights is a completely new game. i hope that the devs will contact toadles, for some weapons (m14, m60 ak) would be a cherry on top

i hope the jungles are dark and has the feeling you can get lost in them.. not like on altis haha

To get this effect, your computer will need to support a larger shadow render distance. It looks fantastic, but can kill your frames. I'll post screens later to show you what it looks like.

no AIA is not required, i spawned some stuff (Phantom A6 intruder and some building), with a3 lights is a completely new game. i hope that the devs will contact toadles, for some weapons (m14, m60 ak) would be a cherry on top

I used AiA and all vehicles have sounds but the weapons dont. Do you know how to get the guns to work

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

I agree with the toadles thing. He makes beautiful weapons with great animations

I used AiA and all vehicles have sounds but the weapons dont. Do you know how to get the guns to work

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

I agree with the toadles thing. He makes beautiful weapons with great animations

i believe that isn't possible because the weapons are setting with old ofpskeleton and animations

i wondering how they will solve the problem about puddy /rice fields

i believe that isn't possible because the weapons are setting with old ofpskeleton and animations

i wondering how they will solve the problem about puddy /rice fields

I remember a map that was in development for a while that had non-buggy ponds. Even still another workaround would be to make the ground texture be a shiny muddy.

I don't believe, I know.. there are no problem with the weapon animations. Its just the path missing as it used default arma2 ones. So thats no concern.

The reason why the guns doesn't sound is because arma3 introduced a new way to define them to enable "standard/silcener" mode on weapons. Its very little config work.

So weapons, from a config perspective is no problem for arma3, not animations or anything. It would take a few hours to bring it into ArmA3 "working" but we want of course to make all arma3 features as well (like adding/removing silencer).

The work ahead of us is mostly to raise the quality of our models/textures and to find the structure. Config wise, it's very easy with soldiers and weapons.

Scary part is tracked vehicles, if anyone out there feel for joining the ranks of Unsung to specify engine torque and similar things for our tanks/wheeled that would be wonderful as we don't really have that competance in the team currently.