sttosin

[SP/COOP] West To East: Dynamic Battles

Thread has been renamed apologies for the delay.

Thanks at R0adki11! That was fast as far as I am concerned. I am still learning the ways of the forum.

stt, how many groups does it spawn at once; and does it mostly spawn them directly in front of you? I was thinking that maybe you could ask the mcc guys (spirit6 for GAIA) if you can use their GAIA ai; which is possible to include in missions. This way, different units and groups of the same faction would go into combat mode, if you attack one of them. For a range of time. And they try to flank you, based on your last known position. Its brilliant. So a more group based approach.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183056-Mission-Template-Stand-Alone-GAIA-Make-missions-FAST-by-using-MCC-GAIA-engine

I think what you basically will do is spawn your stuff as usual, but hand them over to GAIA via variables. You could even make some AIs GAIA controlled and some independent; all in order to have them less predictable.

Edited by tortuosit

Any chance of getting an option (or action)

to disable the ambient battle sounds ?

The mission size has gone up for a good reason. West to East is upgrading the ambient battle sounds from Mikey to the latest version. You will feel like you are in a massive war. You might experience the exhaustion of battle after battle. Thanks Mikey! Check it out here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188000-Ambient-battle-sounds-Module

Any chance of getting an option (or action)

to disable the ambient battle sounds ?

I will look into it.

stt, how many groups does it spawn at once; and does it mostly spawn them directly in front of you? I was thinking that maybe you could ask the mcc guys (spirit6 for GAIA) if you can use their GAIA ai; which is possible to include in missions. This way, different units and groups of the same faction would go into combat mode, if you attack one of them. For a range of time. And they try to flank you, based on your last known position. Its brilliant. So a more group based approach.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183056-Mission-Template-Stand-Alone-GAIA-Make-missions-FAST-by-using-MCC-GAIA-engine

I think what you basically will do is spawn your stuff as usual, but hand them over to GAIA via variables. You could even make some AIs GAIA controlled and some independent; all in order to have them less predictable.

Good suggestions. I will look into it.

Haha, that sounds, it's the best way ArmA can handle large battles :)

Haha, that sounds, it's the best way ArmA can handle large battles :)

Nice one tortuosit ;)

You can now recruit AI when you get close enough. You can also recruit an entire Tank Crew! Combine this with the SAMO mod and you can tell a Tank Crew to level an entire building, village, forest, etc!

Like this: https://youtu.be/3wiJ6RrTz_w

Hello, where are we able to get the Altis version from? The link on the first page is broken

Thanks

Hello, where are we able to get the Altis version from? The link on the first page is broken

Thanks

@Coflash, Thanks for reporting.

No wonder the rate of subscribers slowed down. Surprised it didn't stop altogether.

Fixed now. First post updated.

You say RHS Escalation 0.38, which is the old combo pack, you mean the RHS modules right? Unless I'm missing something, sorry!

You say RHS Escalation 0.38, which is the old combo pack, you mean the RHS modules right? Unless I'm missing something, sorry!
Important note:

The RHS: Escalation version is still at version 0.3.5. If you want to be able to use the latest version of their work please download the seperate versions!

- RHS: Armed Forces Of The Russian Federation

- RHS: United States Armed Forces

It looks like you are correct... the combo pack called escalation is 0.3.5 and each module should be downloaded separately to latest 0.3.8 version...

Altis version has all the latest edits so please give that one a go first ;)

Edited by CosmiC10R

Thanks @Ghosteez for reporting. I updated first post. Cosmic is right on point also on Altis. You may miss out on the following in other versions:

1. CQB enemies

2. MG nest

3. Recruit AI infantry and tank crew

4. Boat and Diver fixes

5. AMBS ambient battle sounds updated just tonight. Much better and easier on the ears.....more ambient. Thanks for your hard work Mikey!

6. Hot extraction Radio replaced send my squad since recruitment is available.

I have plans to upgrade the remaining versions eventually.

1999 subscribers for Altis version! Dare to be the 2000th?

Thanks for all the support.

We will continue to keep this fresh.

So what's new in West to East dynamic battles?

1. Introduced a new PMC faction aligned with the Armed forces of the Russian Federation. Does not require any other mods. PMC guys roll with the army so while Army dudes operate the assault boat and the heavy guns for example, these guys can't wait to get on land so they can hunt you down. Oh and they are not limited in the kinds of weapons they carry.

2. Dual heli insertion and heli CAS.

You never know what you might get.

Before I fixed this:

Another way troops are brought into the fight in latest version:

Keep in mind each asset can always be neutralized by the East firepower. Don't be suprised if the CJ130 gets intercepted by an SU25.

As always...enjoy and spread the word.

Great mission, but I'm having a problem saving: The first time I save it works fine, but then after that the option is greyed out. Any thoughts?

This is a game settings issue

Go to your game difficulty settings....Unlimited saves

Edited by sttosin

Major long standing bugs squashed. 

- Arsenal loads very fast now.

- Configure also works so you can change your options.

Thanks @Valmont for reporting among others.

Steam versions 

Altis, Takistan updated.

Addressing two more of the biggest complaints this mission has received in the past.

1. KillShot Cam takes you out of the game for too long. The effect is cool but even though player is not vulnerable during cam, it takes away situational awareness. Well now it is very fast.

2. Sniper bullet cam goes on for too long. When the bullet ricochets off a surface player was stuck waiting for bullet to stop. Not any more. 

Here is a quick video showing both enhancements. (Thanks Mikey74 for tip on bullet speed.)

Hi sttosin, will you be updating your KillShotCam mod with the faster version seen in this video? 

Hi sttosin, will you be updating your KillShotCam mod with the faster version seen in this video?

Evil Organ, it is overdue. Yes. I will be for sure.

MAJOR MP Update.

Just updated the mission to use the Revive system used in Endgame Mode. The mission just got better folks! Oh and now up to 8 players can take on the East.

Altis updated on Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=390096426

Dropbox link here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dahnb1m7f6fmwos/%5BSP_COOP8%5D_West_To_East_Altis.Altis.zip?dl=0

Wait no more! This is now in all supported versions.

Watch what can go down.