firewill

F-16 Fighting Falcon Series Standalone

6 hours ago, Viper1Zero said:

Is anyone else having an issue where the afterburner option doesn't appear in the menu? Its happening to all of my FIR aircraft for some reason. I even unloaded ALL mods except CBA_A3 and the jets themselves, still no afterburner option once I hit enough speed like it did previously.

Also, Firewill, any chance an automatic afterburner (like F/A-18E and Su-35) is in the works for your aircraft? I know it takes a lot of coding, so if its not feasible that's ok. It would just be an awesome addition 🙂

AB action should be appear when aircraft throttle is 100%.

14 hours ago, firewill said:

AB action should be appear when aircraft throttle is 100%.

I'm not sure why but it still doesn't appear at 100% throttle. Been having the issue for a while but doesn't bother me really. Figured maybe an update on Bohemia's side caused an issue that will get fixed eventually.

Is config for F-16D models with CFT not working:?
I set fir_f16d_cft = "yes";   and passed the CFT.paa to 2nd texture array position but no CFT is showing up in model

13 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Is config for F-16D models with CFT not working:?
I set fir_f16d_cft = "yes";   and passed the CFT.paa to 2nd texture array position but no CFT is showing up in model

1. 3rd position in array

2. fir_f16d_cft = "cft_normal" or "cft_chute" for make CFT in game(not appear in eden editor)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, firewill said:

1. 3rd position in array

2. fir_f16d_cft = "cft_normal" or "cft_chute" for make CFT in game(not appear in eden editor)

Thanks for the hint! The sample config.cpp in first post needs a small tweak then. It was written only this info there "CFT list : no = no CFT / yes = with CFT  like block 52+"

is there a chance to have the fuel tanks also in gray form in addition to white? Something like this

f-16-flying-falcon-3687708-1170x610.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

is there a chance to have the fuel tanks also in gray form in addition to white? Something like this

yes it's in the plan but not in "right now plan" due to doing other things

• Like 1

Firewill the tfar error is still showing up with the task force radio Beta version (which is the newest one supported by Dedmen)

http://prntscr.com/rcxy9a

I think problem is that code is kicking in also in SP game mode where TFAR BETA is actually not working. So maybe a game mode check can prevent the error message

52 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Firewill the tfar error is still showing up with the task force radio Beta version (which is the newest one supported by Dedmen)

http://prntscr.com/rcxy9a

I think problem is that code is kicking in also in SP game mode where TFAR BETA is actually not working. So maybe a game mode check can prevent the error message

looks like need some check for SP/MP then.

Hey @firewill not sure if it has been addressed in BI forums yet, but on Steam workshop there have been a few comments about the mod being broken. any updates coming that will help fix these issues? Spawning the F-16 doesn't work anymore for some of us. I've tried repairing and unsubscribing/resubscribing and the issue still stands. Spawns with default BIS skin texture, no pilot (adding a pilot after spawn makes pilot stand up between seat and cockpit glass holding pistol), and not enterable/flyable regardless of attribute changes. Not sure what's exactly causing the issue, but some steam comments have CFG files added for diagnosis if you have the time.

8 hours ago, SSG. K. Beaudry said:

Hey @firewill not sure if it has been addressed in BI forums yet, but on Steam workshop there have been a few comments about the mod being broken. any updates coming that will help fix these issues? Spawning the F-16 doesn't work anymore for some of us. I've tried repairing and unsubscribing/resubscribing and the issue still stands. Spawns with default BIS skin texture, no pilot (adding a pilot after spawn makes pilot stand up between seat and cockpit glass holding pistol), and not enterable/flyable regardless of attribute changes. Not sure what's exactly causing the issue, but some steam comments have CFG files added for diagnosis if you have the time.

I have no idea because it's working well in test with workshop ver.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

10 hours ago, firewill said:

I have no idea because it's working well in test with workshop ver.

Are the skins still working for you, or is that just on our end as well?

Also, spawning them as AI controlled aircraft causes them to spawn the pilot standing up inside the cockpit. Not sure what's going on there.

12 hours ago, SSG. K. Beaudry said:

Are the skins still working for you, or is that just on our end as well?

Also, spawning them as AI controlled aircraft causes them to spawn the pilot standing up inside the cockpit. Not sure what's going on there.

Unfortunately I can't help you until reproduce this problem by myself.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:21 PM, firewill said:

Unfortunately I can't help you until reproduce this problem by myself.

In your first photo it looks like the skin is the Bohemia Interactive skin i mentioned? the cards on the air intake and the original skin chosen not showing up. I'm trying to use the OH ANG skin, and it doesn't allow me to spawn it correctly. Do you know, are there any aircraft mods that break the skins on your aircraft? I'm not sure how to recreate/reproduce the issues, but I, for the life of me, cannot get your F-16 to work, even with no mods loaded except the f-16 and AWS. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. repair does nothing. I don't know what's wrong with it, because you'd think a reinstall would override a corrupt file. I have a photo of the skin issue but don't know how to use the forums to post it. here is the link: from this photo interaction menu also doesn't allow me to enter the aircraft.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2808068105 

8 hours ago, SSG. K. Beaudry said:

In your first photo it looks like the skin is the Bohemia Interactive skin i mentioned? the cards on the air intake and the original skin chosen not showing up. I'm trying to use the OH ANG skin, and it doesn't allow me to spawn it correctly. Do you know, are there any aircraft mods that break the skins on your aircraft? I'm not sure how to recreate/reproduce the issues, but I, for the life of me, cannot get your F-16 to work, even with no mods loaded except the f-16 and AWS. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. repair does nothing. I don't know what's wrong with it, because you'd think a reinstall would override a corrupt file. I have a photo of the skin issue but don't know how to use the forums to post it. here is the link: from this photo interaction menu also doesn't allow me to enter the aircraft.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2808068105 

BI logo is clan sign point. It should be hidden If working properly. Might be file is corrupt, other mods cause conflict, or maybe Arma3 is corrupt but I can't sure anything because I don't have problem like this during entire my arma life.

Yeah, I had this problem a longtime ago (circa 2017) and if I recall correctly, it was a skin addon, not supported anymore, that caused it... I had to delete all old pbos on my Firewill folder (I stuffed them altogether for easy loading) and just use Firewills newest files, or you can try deleting only very old skin addons for FIR one by one till it gets fixed

Cheers!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Yeah, I had this problem a longtime ago (circa 2017) and if I recall correctly, it was a skin addon, not supported anymore, that caused it... I had to delete all old pbos on my Firewill folder (I stuffed them altogether for easy loading) and just use Firewills newest files, or you can try deleting only very old skin addons for FIR one by one till it gets fixed

Cheers!

You wouldn't happen to remember any of those PBOs you had to delete would you? This is driving me insane while mission building for my SFG unit

Beaudry, it was some old third party skin addons (I can´t recall the author, but wasn´t Firewill´s files), look for those skin files older than 2017 and delete (gulf war squadrons, extra squadrons, what I´m certain they weren´t made by Firewill)
Hope it helped!

Cheers!

• Thanks 1