firewill

F-16 Fighting Falcon Series Standalone

Thanks for the info.   Probably an issue with a mod I was using.  Passing it on to the author.

f-16 updated

- bug fixes : HUD disappear in MP client / AMS Bug etc

Firewill.  Weird bug happening.  F16 Laser Marker/Designator cannot be chosen as a weapon system regardless of the targeting pod being equipped on the aircraft. 
LITENING, SNIPER/XR .. doesn't matter.  It has the TGP camera view, but you cannot choose the laser and designate with it.

On 2018. 4. 6. at 5:36 AM, ski2060 said:

Firewill.  Weird bug happening.  F16 Laser Marker/Designator cannot be chosen as a weapon system regardless of the targeting pod being equipped on the aircraft. 
LITENING, SNIPER/XR .. doesn't matter.  It has the TGP camera view, but you cannot choose the laser and designate with it.

well, really really really working well in my case, SP and MP(just yesterday, i was drop the laser bomb with F-16 carried TGP and own laser target designated in MP) so what can i to say, right?

just "cannot be chosen" is doesn't help for reproduce your problem.so tell me more detail.

and f-16 updated

- defaultUserMFDvalues added in config
- maintenance

• Like 2

Hi Firewill, also having the same issue with designation. It seems when lgb and lgb / gps bombs do not display a target box around laser targets like agm or AA's do. In addition, dual functional gps and laser guided bombs e.g paveway  only have gps functionality.

So I found out the issue with the Laser designator, Firewill.  It seems that you cannot use any form of Pylon loadout system other than your AMS to change weapon systems.
If you use Achilles or ACE Pylon Module as a Zeus curator it removes the LAser Designator and you cannot choose it.

As long as someone uses the AMS system, it works.

So it's working as intended on your end.  It just broke on those other mods end.

Hey firewill, is there still a link to the F-16 PSD templates? I remember seeing it somewhere in the thread/replies but I can't seem to find it. Cheers

f-16 updated

- maintenance(some fixes for init.sqf and ejection system)

22 hours ago, OnceIWasKovic said:

Hey firewill, is there still a link to the F-16 PSD templates? I remember seeing it somewhere in the thread/replies but I can't seem to find it. Cheers

link was dead, but will be replace to new one later

• Like 3

I am so glad you are continuing to support this mod.  It is easily my favorite mod this game has to offer.  Once I finish a converting this USAF surplus F-16 Familiarization Trainer into a simpit for a local friend I will have certainly run your F-16 out of it!

In the future as funding becomes available would you consider a commission?  I used your trim scheme templates and modified them into several MacDill F-16s.  I just need them exported into a mod.

Thanks again!

31346738_2051370568465226_31083122850267

On 28. 12. 2017. at 2:44 PM, TitansWeasel said:

Hello

The Download for the Template is not working for me.

Is it broken?

regards

Mike

On 27. 04. 2018. at 10:09 AM, firewill said:

f-16 updated

- maintenance(some fixes for init.sqf and ejection system)

link was dead, but will be replace to new one later

Just dont forget about it heh..we are pretty long without working link ..4 months ago same thing i guess its even older issue

I was trying to make the template myself but tail image should be split in different height and its pretty hard to make it spot on. So yeah psd template are like gold  .

Also only Aviano have clear writings on the plane all other skins have blurry and pixeleted text ("rescue" and stuff)...

Hi, I hope it's not a stupid question.

I really like how you have flechette and WP options for Hydra 70, but is there a reason (either realism or scrpiting) why each pylon on F-16 could only support one rocket pod versus 3 pods when using HE warhead?

While it's fun to use flechette, the limitation that each F-16 could only have 28 AP/WP rockets in total doesn't make good trade off to have 84 traditional rockets.

@firewill

you have not yet integrated lesh's tow mod into your f-16 config, like you did with your other planes.

simply add these four lines to the config after line 1809:

LESH_canBeTowed = 1;
LESH_towFromFront = 1;
LESH_AxisOffsetTarget[] = {0,8,-0.7};
LESH_WheelOffset[] = {0,-2};

Am I the only one who gets following messages in RPT?

23:53:43 unable to create weapon for missile 'FIR_F16C_Fueltank_P_1rnd_M', check config entry'pylonWeapon'
23:53:43 unable to create weapon for missile 'FIR_F16C_center_Fueltank_P_1rnd_M', check config entry'pylonWeapon'
23:53:43 unable to create weapon for missile 'FIR_Empty_P_1rnd_M', check config entry'pylonWeapon'
23:53:43 unable to create weapon for missile 'FIR_F16C_Fueltank_P_1rnd_M', check config entry'pylonWeapon'

F-16 updated

- Arctic Front update integration
- ATA/ATG Training presets
- F-16C Aggressor skins re-worked
- maintenance

re-worked aggressors

9B3E7E8F0BF2B98CEA04A38C459D640308C2B388

F-16 Skin pack #4 "Arctic Front" released

9E6523FE6EC336DA3AF17DB60CD899BAD1616302

2E3C09FF7BCB2B7ECAF7F9407B3919B2A16E58BC

9DE59F3A86C79EEA7B8927FB9686B6C3B673430E

A81BDC7EDD13E49386A081319ACF3D28F8FB57B2

9C7B93A6E4D902E0611092E9C84B55E2B2A19099

BE7BA0CD1583F217074D2C6ACDCEA388F0ABCD8C

• Like 4

Is there anyway i could get a template to create skins for the F-16?

Is there a way to hide some vehicles from f-16s HUD? In mission start the enemy vehicles are already spawned far away from AO but F-16's hud still able to detect them. I want the detection happens only when the vehicles come to a certain point...

Hi, I noticed a glitch from the recent update

If you place a F-16 and change loadout using Zeus, it would not be able to use laser designator or I-TGT system

You have to use AMS truck to rearm to be able to use them.

I believe this only happen with F-16, since AV-8B I also tested was fine.

54 minutes ago, lugiahua said:

Hi, I noticed a glitch from the recent update

If you place a F-16 and change loadout using Zeus, it would not be able to use laser designator or I-TGT system

You have to use AMS truck to rearm to be able to use them.

I believe this only happen with F-16, since AV-8B I also tested was fine.

not a glitch. you "must" use AMS for using every feature of AWS.

Laser option on I-TGT isn't appearing for me, made sure I did everything through AMS - also, my engine power drops to 0 when opening I-TGT or anything that gives mouse control?

Anyways, love the mod, best jets in Arma hands-down :)

Can ECM get changed to make sure it`s always on to protect other planes flying with Ai-planes ?  That way we can get close to AAA-threats without the risk to get shot down instantly?

weather conditions are not effectinng the GBU bombs at the moment is that correct or am I lucky to hit the lased target when it is raining?

No effect the beam isn't simulated it checks where you look and spawns the laser target there

18 hours ago, john1 said:

Can ECM get changed to make sure it`s always on to protect other planes flying with Ai-planes ?  That way we can get close to AAA-threats without the risk to get shot down instantly?

A bit of reverse engineering:

In the Addons @FIR_AWS are the script that launches the ECM, you can add them to the aircraft in a mission as follows:

1.- unpack the FIR_AirWeaponSystem_US.pbo Within this pbo, access the ECM directory that is in the route FIR_AirweaponSystem \ FIR_AirWeaponSystem_US \ Script \ ECM.

2.- In the ECM directory there are 2 script: ECM.sqf and ECM_ON.sqf. These script simulate ECM, the ECM_ON script invokes ECM. Copy them to the mission directory.

3.-To be executed, add to the plane's init: scripts = [this] execvm "ECM_ON.sqf";

4.- The airplane must have an AWS EWS pod (Electronic Warfare System).

5.- For use on all firewill aircraft or those airplanes that have added the AWS FIR

NOTE : Tool to unpack the pbo files: Arma Tools.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411

Un saludo.

AtomicBoy

• Thanks 1

Hello firewill!
Could be these mods updated please? F-16 handling is just OP. I mean turning with it is too much sesitive. Also you can turn with rudder so easy even in 500km/h. I'd like to see more realistic handling for these mods because weapons system for these is unique and I love it! Also could it be compabile with ACE3 (e.g. laser codes)? Also if possible make wrecks look more like wreck?
Playing with ACE3, ACEX, ALiVE, CUP, CBA, RHS, A-10, F-16, SU-25SM3 and AWS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1