firewill

F-16 Fighting Falcon Series Standalone

On 5/25/2017 at 3:27 AM, Hvymtal said:

There isn't a function difference in game as far as I can tell. IRL the LITENING is better for CAS against pop-up targets thanks to its wide fov mode, the Sniper is better for strieks against fixed targets thanks to its better zoom, fps, and resolution, and the LANTIRN is the predecessor which is not as good as either but if you're doing pre-2005 stuff its what you get. the HTS is the HARM targeting system which seeks out active surface radars for the AGM-88 HARM to snipe, that one will change the scroll menu thingy.

Thanks for the reply @Hvymtal

Another question (As googling didn't work): What on earth is the SUU-25 Flare Dispenser? I figure it's either a decoy device or illumination flares but I've not been able to effectively test it vs missiles thus far, does anyone know?

Also, is there any real difference between the GBU 12, 38, 54 and EGBU-12 other than the fact that some are laser, some are gps and the EGBU is both?

1)

SUU-25 is for battlefield illumination will post some pics tomorrow when I'm on my PC again

2)all of them are in mk82 gpb basis 

GBU-12 has an additional Paveway II Guidance Kit is laser guided, GBU-38 has the joint direct attack Munition kit or JDAM is GPS/INS guided,

GBU-54 same as GBU-38 but wirh an additional laser targeting system for moving targets,

EGBU-12 the opposite an GBU-12 with added GPS/INS guidance module 

• Like 1

Or for short GBU-xx<30 Paveway II or III laser guided

GBU-3x JDAM or SDB with GPS/INS 

GBU-4x Paveway II or III with laser guidance

GBU-5x LJDAM or EGBU or SDB with GPS/INS & Laser guidance

• Like 1

While inside F-16CJ with two AGM-88 HARM's and Sniper/HTS pod; SEAD capabilities not functioning against RHS ZSU-23 even though they give off active radar signature and are detected, no HARM lock on function available.

The manual says they will be locked on if active radar detected, however doesn't have any instructions.

Any ideas?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, colince411 said:

While inside F-16CJ with two AGM-88 HARM's and Sniper/HTS pod; SEAD capabilities not functioning against RHS ZSU-23 even though they give off active radar signature and are detected, no HARM lock on function available.

The manual says they will be locked on if active radar detected, however doesn't have any instructions.

Any ideas?

Thanks

HTS is currently reserved(maybe add the other function for that)

however its worked with AA tank like Tigris(maybe Cheetah too). its can lock on active radar signal.. i'm not sure RHS ZSU-23 have Active Radar sensor.

• Like 1

RHS has yet to implement the 1.70 sensor changes in a release version of their mod.  They are currently "working on it" so you can expect them at some point in the near future.

Is it possible that the F-16 bug where the server will crash when you fire vulcan rounds is back? We have the updated version in our modpack but we think it somethimes causes a memory leak on the ground? Can this be back? Or might it be something else then the F-16. Because hire-ups think its the F-16 but I'm not sure about that becaue it should be fixed in  update v1.5.

@PascalF. Clarification, please: Your unit is having server crashes and they suspect that the supposedly fixed F-16 gun bug is causing it?

4 hours ago, PascalF. said:

Is it possible that the F-16 bug where the server will crash when you fire vulcan rounds is back? We have the updated version in our modpack but we think it somethimes causes a memory leak on the ground? Can this be back? Or might it be something else then the F-16. Because hire-ups think its the F-16 but I'm not sure about that becaue it should be fixed in  update v1.5.

no crash report after updated.

when i open the i-tgt system, thrust sets to 0. it keeps holding down the thrust all the time, until i close the tgt-system. then i have to give thrust manually, again. no mods used other than f-16 and air weapon.

1 hour ago, madpat3 said:

when i open the i-tgt system, thrust sets to 0. it keeps holding down the thrust all the time, until i close the tgt-system. then i have to give thrust manually, again. no mods used other than f-16 and air weapon.

i think not a bug for f-16/aws because when i open the chat box, thrust is set to 0 :-(

@firewill first of all, great work with both weapons and jets, especially A10 and F16. I just want to ask a question , If you wouldnt mind. I am playing on Take on Helicopters map for realism (I am flying at high altitudes) would it be possible to increase target marking distance? I mean that when you mark the target to lock, and when you are closer you lock it. For example with Mavericks. I was playing with setViewDistance and the biggest distance I could get without crashing so far was 25000 meters, and 22000 meters for Objects. So I would like to be able to mark the target earlier and then lock it when I am close. Would it be possible? Is there a command in config?

53 minutes ago, czechu777 said:

@firewill first of all, great work with both weapons and jets, especially A10 and F16. I just want to ask a question , If you wouldnt mind. I am playing on Take on Helicopters map for realism (I am flying at high altitudes) would it be possible to increase target marking distance? I mean that when you mark the target to lock, and when you are closer you lock it. For example with Mavericks. I was playing with setViewDistance and the biggest distance I could get without crashing so far was 25000 meters, and 22000 meters for Objects. So I would like to be able to mark the target earlier and then lock it when I am close. Would it be possible? Is there a command in config?

weapon range, specially AGM-65 maverick(Macer in arma3) is follow the BI Standard for now, so can't.

On ‎31‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 2:02 AM, Hvymtal said:

@PascalF. Clarification, please: Your unit is having server crashes and they suspect that the supposedly fixed F-16 gun bug is causing it?

@HvymtalYes, they say it's the F-16 causing people crashing. But yesterday's mission a A-10 was used and they say again it's the A-10 that causes the crash. Anyone having the same issue's? And Firewill ty for you answer and keep up the good work!

I'm not having issues. PM Firewill with a complete list of ALL the mods you guys are running, and have your COs double check the version of firewill's aircraft they're using if they aren't using workshop, and make sure they actually check and not just say they're sure.

Would be glad to see rain drops When it's raining

Spoiler

0fea2d0883a9.jpg

1 minute ago, Devastator_cm said:

can be visible I think only before takeoff

Thats why I take picture on the ground)

9 hours ago, sammael said:

Would be glad to see rain drops When it's raining

Hide contents

0fea2d0883a9.jpg

I had this idea about 2 months ago but I decided not to say anything. This would be such a great feature! The raindrops would be a little smaller on the canopy while on the ground.

6 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

raindrop in that speed? :)
can be visible I think only before takeoff

Rain droplets do form over canopies during flight when going through clouds and during storms. As far as making them appear in Arma 3; maybe we could just create an overlay that appears when the rain texture spawns.

f-16 updated

F-16D
- loadout module removed

• Like 1

Hum.. Just out curiosity: Why neither F-16 neither A-10 have the LAU-3 rocket pod (used on F-2) if both use a similar pod in real life? It would be a great (and simple) addon.

16 minutes ago, erikj said:

Hum.. Just out curiosity: Why neither F-16 neither A-10 have the LAU-3 rocket pod (used on F-2) if both use a similar pod in real life? It would be a great (and simple) addon.

but they can equip lau-131 x 3, its 21 round! (LAU-3 have 19 round per pod)

there is no reason of "not equip", just only intention of work like lazy, balance patch whatever called.