firewill

F-16 Fighting Falcon Series Standalone

yeah its a shame that we can't run the updated GBU 53s and the CBU 97s but if it works, it works will be keeping an eye out and test any new releases you put out!

yeah its a shame that we can't run the updated GBU 53s and the CBU 97s but if it works, it works will be keeping an eye out and test any new releases you put out!

My community has 0 problems with the F16, so I can tell you right now its not a mod thing, otherwise I would and every other community would feel the problem. 

It probably has something to do with a mod conflict, maybe you're using Blastcore with it and the server can't handle the extended effects? Who knows. However we're not having any problems, so not sure how it can change for you but not for us. 

My community has 0 problems with the F16, so I can tell you right now its not a mod thing, otherwise I would and every other community would feel the problem. 

It probably has something to do with a mod conflict, maybe you're using Blastcore with it and the server can't handle the extended effects? Who knows. However we're not having any problems, so not sure how it can change for you but not for us. 

How many people does your community roll on a standard mission? And what addons might you be running? Our server is definitely not the problem. If we are running like addons maybe there might be a solid middle ground. That being said, blastcore isn't active on the server, just client side, and I've been running it since the F-16 first released, so with an update where the guns weren't touched, how is it that the guns now fps killing...?

Hey firewill. 

Just thought I'd bring to your attention an issue with the preset loadouts.

Whenever you use this setvariable ["F16_Loadout","cas"]; or cas2, the ECM pods, jammers and other equipment appear in the wrong spots on the jet. Not necessarily game breaking when you're flying it, but aesthetically, it is buggy.

I'll try to upload an image when I get back to my PC

set -nologs and FPS will improve.  Since no one else is having the issue I seriously doubt it is a "load" problem.  Try disabling ALL OTHER MODS and seeing what happens...

Hey firewill. 

Whenever you use this setvariable ["F16_Loadout","cas"]; or cas2, the ECM pods, jammers and other equipment appear in the wrong spots on the jet. Not necessarily game breaking when you're flying it, but aesthetically, it is buggy.

Have you updated all to the last version (F-16 and AWS)?

0.24 is the latest F-16C, right?

And I updated AWS when the F-15 mod was updated. I'm at 0.7 so I'll update that and report back.

Thanks!

Even after the AWS update, the preset CAS F-16's are bugged.

2na4aqr.jpg

Edited by NAS_Juno

0.24 is the latest F-16C, right?

And I updated AWS when the F-15 mod was updated. I'm at 0.7 so I'll update that and report back.

Thanks!

Even after the AWS update, the preset CAS F-16's are bugged.

That looks like a mod conflict 

That looks like a mod conflict 

No other mods running. I made sure to check that at least. Can anybody else mimic?

No other mods running. I made sure to check that at least. Can anybody else mimic?

Does this occur will all the planes skins? 

Just tested my game its fine, all the loadouts come out correct

Lets try to whittle down the issue

Does it happen with the other F16C skins ?

Try place down the Polish Blk 52+ and apply the CAS loadout 

Does this occur will all the planes skins? 

On my end, yep.

They appear appropriately when you use the custom module and select the CAS or CAS2 loadouts. 

It just appears to be when you use the setvariable commands in the editor.

On my end, yep.

They appear appropriately when you use the custom module and select the CAS or CAS2 loadouts. 

It just appears to be when you use the setvariable commands in the editor.

Does the issue occur when you use the loadout dialog ingame? Sometimes when the game loads the planes loadout will go funky 

Does the issue occur when you use the loadout dialog ingame? Sometimes when the game loads the planes loadout will go funky 

Nope.

Dialog is just fine. It's an issue if I want the AI to use the loadout, or if I want to start the scenario mid-flight. 

I'm gonna re-download the whole thing. Maybe I got a bum version.

Nope.

Dialog is just fine. It's an issue if I want the AI to use the loadout, or if I want to start the scenario mid-flight. 

I'm gonna re-download the whole thing. Maybe I got a bum version.

Sorry, i can't help you with the using the script to apply loadouts (i didn't even know you could do that). Firewall will know what to do 

Sorry, i can't help you with the using the script to apply loadouts (i didn't even know you could do that). Firewall will know what to do 

Thanks for the attempt anyway. 

Like I said earlier, it's purely aesthetic. But it does make things a little weird if you are flying it and you look out on your wing and see equipment floating around it. Lol

How many people does your community roll on a standard mission? And what addons might you be running? Our server is definitely not the problem. If we are running like addons maybe there might be a solid middle ground. That being said, blastcore isn't active on the server, just client side, and I've been running it since the F-16 first released, so with an update where the guns weren't touched, how is it that the guns now fps killing...?

We usually run around 47 people every Operations Night, with 500+ AI (from what I remember). We run the latest F16C and Latest FIR AWS. 

Hey firewill. 

At least with this I can confirm. I've talked to Firewill directly about this however I think he has something else in mind.

Currently, placing down an F16C will be perfectly fine, however anything placed down with a Init loadout will cause the ordnance to be on different hard points. Like I said, only happens when you have the Init loadouts, if you then take that F16C to a dialog accessible area and change the loadout via that it then fixes the problem. 

We'll be testing further updates, as they come out. Our current version works, so it what will be will be. I have been unable to recreate the issue in editor or even on small scale tests but when we get about 30 or so it flares up. Only a few are hit the first couple and then more and more start going slide show with progressive gun runs. After about 2 minutes or so, people start stabilizing and return to normal frames. The person firing doesn't ever experience it, but while another F-16 was doing its runs, I got it and I'm running 980s and a 5820k so i doubt that its from my computer being a toaster.

getbuck are you going to publish your f16 sounds when they are complete. They sound amazing man.

i forgot to change the magazine list for with setvariable.

currently i'm working about change the pre-define loadout in editor.

setvariable/function is will be change to Module.

getbuck are you going to publish your f16 sounds when they are complete. They sound amazing man.

Due to my passion for fighter aircraft, I'm going to get these perfect before I do publish anything, as such I've made some awesome adjustments to the sound so its even better! Also I probably wouldn't publish it as it is, rather I'd make it for Firewills F16C (like you saw) and his other aircraft for incorporation, so when you download his awesome aircraft, such as the F16C and F15 + future projects, they come with the awesome sounds.

Also with the new sound engine update coming in the near future, I'd have the transfer everything over and again adjust to make it sound even better. I'm hoping that I'm able to make the sounds more dynamic, smoother transitions and overall better quality etc..

And thank you for kinds words :) I appreciate it  

Anyone ever have problems with servers lagging real bad? we used this mod and the pilot strafed about 400m out form us. Immediately afterwards every person on the ground, even those nowhere near the area, experienced very bad lag that took minutes to clear. There were two guys who's games crashed. One of the guys said that the cannon strikes on the ground caused it, and there was lingering smoke that also made that happen. The pilot experienced none of this. 

Anyone else have this issue?

~Rob

How stick TGP camera on the ground? It just moves along with the plane

Yes, all custom loadouts called from the init field are broken for me.

Tested with no other mods running.

this setvariable ["F16_Loadout","sead"];

fYtBtt.jpg

FIR_Fnc_F16_setloadout also broken

[this,"aim9x","aim120","agm88","gbu38x2","ecmpod","htspod","mk82gpx3","agm65dx3","aim120","aim9x"] call FIR_Fnc_F16_SetLoadout; 

BZfRVz.jpg