J_ONeill

Live Feed/Picture In Picture of an area from a fixed location.

I'm working on a training course, and one of the courses is a live fire CQB course, so the instructors won't be able to effectively watch the people running it.

What I'd like to do is set it up so that an instructor or any other player can move to an area nearby, say a bunker, and a PiP window will appear on their screen, looking down onto the course.

I know the bare basics of placing live feed modules so that it shows up on a linked player and to have the source/target modules so it's watching the area, but I do not know how to make it so that it activates when a player enters an area or how to increase the altitude of the camera so I can see the area from above.

If possible, I'd also like to make the PiP larger, so it's not a tiny box in the bottom right corner, for ease of view.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you'd want to create a monitor somewhere at the base, you could place "user Texture" in the editor and place it anywhere you want. Next you'd have to assign a PIP texture to it using "setObjectTexture" command. PIP texture is this: #(argb,256,256,1)r2t(rendertarget0,1.0). Now you have to enable PIP using bis_fnc_PIP function (check parameters of that function to assess your key view points). You can launch bis_fnc_PIP whenever you want, with triggers, actions, etc.

To maker PIP larger...I don't know about 3d placed monitors, but you can create displays, big as much as the screen, assign the texture again, and again fire bis_fnc_PIP.

Okay, that helped a bit. How would I go about changing the altitude of the live feed? At the moment, it's at ground level, but I'd like it to look down on an area about 30x60m from a height of about 20-30m.

Also, is there some way to increase the quality of PiP? I could have sworn it looked better before, but even at ultra, it looks like crap.

Edited by J_ONeill

Wouldn't really advise to use the BIS function for this.

Also it's better to not name your render to texture "rendertarget0" since it's used quite often, just give it an individual name.

For the rest:

_screen = "Land_FlatTV_01_F" createvehicle getposatl player;
_screen setObjectTexture [0, "#(argb,512,512,1)r2t(piprendertg,1)"];

_pipcam = "camera" camCreate [0,0,0];
_pipcam setVectorDirAndUp [[0,0.66,-0.33],[0,0.33,0.66]];
_pipcam cameraEffect ["Internal", "Back", "piprendertg"];
_pipcam camSetFov 0.4;

_campos = getposatl player;
_campos set [2,30];
_pipcam setpos _campos;

play with the FoV and the setVectorDirAndUp as you seem fit.

30 is the height of the cam in metres.

Cheers

• Like 2

Wouldn't really advise to use the BIS function for this

Now, when I think of it, I wouldn't either. Function gives errors in some cases as I've noticed. cameraEffect with 'rtt' parameter is an easier way to do it.

Also, when you want to have couple different 'shots' in one particular texture or display an you're using camera for that, don't forget to terminate camera with player cameraEffect ["terminate","back"]; between those shots.

Now, when I think of it, I wouldn't either. Function gives errors in some cases as I've noticed. cameraEffect with 'rtt' parameter is an easier way to do it.

Also, when you want to have couple different 'shots' in one particular texture or display an you're using camera for that, don't forget to terminate camera with player cameraEffect ["terminate","back"]; between those shots.

Gonna release my pip script some time in the near future, featuring dynamical creation of cam feeds on a few parameters like cycle through infantry unit cam feeds, uav cam feeds and dynamically display them on a set of predefined monitors.

Working fine with up to 6 simultaneous feeds at once, then the pip fps starts dropping, same goes for the game fps, at least when you're looking at the screens.

Nz8cTX0.jpg

Cheers