Sign in to follow this  
Ice9

Tuto sound modding

Hi, I'd like to know if there is a basic tuto of sound modding, I don't find it, maybe I've searched wrongly. I'd like to replace the fire sound of the weapons, explosions, soniccracks. I only find advanced topics of sound modding (totally understand anything). For someone who understand nothing about the cpp, I'm lost. I already have the P disk mounted and I can understand the tools.

I have some wav for weapon and I just want to replace the "fire" sound. Is it a complex operation or simple? To know if I'm starting something to big for my little brain. I tried to understand how a sound is made (from sound_F and weapon) but I'm lost. Anyone has some tips or very basic tuto to help me, please?

Edited by Ice9

I would suggest that you find some stuff on the config.cpp and inheritance, because once you understand that you can easily setup your own. You could also look into mods/addons already out there and look at their setup to get a good idea as well.

I did that but I'm a bit confused and lost. Thanks for the answer by the way.

Edited by Ice9

I did that but I'm a bit confused and lost. Thanks for the answer by the way.

have you figured it out yet? The part I cant understand is whether or not some sounds are stereo or not. Ive extracted several sounds to see if so and they are all stereo, yet the sound files extracted are much bigger in file size than what the WSS file says.

yet the sound files extracted are much bigger in file size than what the WSS file says.

Isn't that just because WSS is a compressed format compared to MP3/whatever it extracts as, similar to .OGG vs .WAV from back in the day?

Also, the OP is 18 months old, wouldn't hold out much hope that he is still working on it...Also, he hasn't been active on the forums in over a year...

meh. I guess goes to show how often I get on the forums too. I'm so busy with real life   :(

Ive asked for help for years now. Im starting to think most dont want me in on the competition. A competition I say , because its what it feels. I want to add my sound mod but seem to be at a stand still cause  i dont quite know what to do with the config files and for help, alls I get are vague and incomplete explanations, as if to have knowledge of the config is like some badge of honor , kinda like an episode of Harry Potter. Or you have to beg to get help, or do some brown nosing I guess I'll just revert back to ArmA2 and try to complete that.