Sign in to follow this  
Delimontana

Saitek x55 Rhino configuration!?

So bought this joystick, and i can't get the throttle to work in any sensible way!

I see alot of other people have problems with this but can't manage to find any good guide on how to configure it.

So if someone could explain in detail like i was retarded, on how i should configure it or know some guide somewhere?

Like what should be bound to what? when bound in the right way what exactly should it say on for example "Collective Raise" ?

Analogue collective makes a worlds difference in general but its even better when having a throttle. However I suggest either pulling out the throttle lock for one lever otherwise the program is going to automaticly see both levers and you may wind up giving more collective power than intended.

Analogue collective makes a worlds difference in general but its even better when having a throttle. However I suggest either pulling out the throttle lock for one lever otherwise the program is going to automatically see both levers and you may wind up giving more collective power than intended.

Using one throttle leaver is exactly what I did with my X55, I also had to remove a number of entry's in the arma controls the stick put in itself, then put the throttles back together with nothing bound on the second levers axis

Edited by Slim_Pikins

If you are usjng the stock flight model, asign the positive AND negative throttle position to rise collective (analog). Leave the lower Collective (analog) unassigned or bind it to another axis like toe brakes.

If you are using the AFM bind the rise and lower collective as it make sense ;-)

Thank you guys! :yay: works really good now, too bad that a functioning helicopter made me aware of how much i suck at flying :D

cheers to you all for helping out!

Hi there I'm having the same issues but when I set the + &- to rise collective (analog) it sets the collective in game about 5-10% raised so floating as soon as engine up any ideas?

Cheers,

bushwacker

Not sure I read that right, do you mean your setting the + & - keys to your analog collective?