Sign in to follow this  
jonesy_d

BlackHawks takeoffs in sequence

Hello;

New to Arma 3 did play the light version awhile back but stopped, not sure why, but shame on me..after using Arma 3 my BF3 is gonna be gone very soon..Thanks..

Okay I am trying to setup a mission and I have 4 Blackhawks on the ground waiting for troops to board, what I need is a script to have each chopper lift off in sequence once all choppers have troopers on board.

In other words all choppers have fire squad teams loaded, now need chopper 1 takes off then a few second delay then chopper 2 takes off following exact flight path as chopper 1 and Chopper 3 & 4 do the identical squences..

Thanks..:)

Edited by Double_Time

Add the same conditions to different BH different waypoints and delay their execution (1st: 2s, 2nd: 4s, etc.).

Add the same conditions to different BH different waypoints and delay their execution (1st: 2s, 2nd: 4s, etc.).

Okay will try that thanks...

Hey thanks to Grumpy Old Man he provide this code for what I was looking for..

_choppers = [bh1,bh2,bh3,bh4]; 
_squads = [sq1,sq2,sq3,sq4]; 

{ 

for "_i" from 0 to (count units _x - 1) do { 

((units _x) select _i) assignascargo (_choppers select (_squads find _x)); 

_waituntilboarded = (_choppers select (_squads find _x)) spawn { 

_chopper = _this; 
           dostop _chopper; 
           _cargo = assignedcargo  _chopper; 
           _chopper engineOn true; 
           group _chopper lockWP true; 

waituntil {{_x in _chopper} count assignedcargo _chopper >= count _cargo}; 

group _chopper lockWP false; 

}; 

}; 

_sleepuntilengineisrunning = _x spawn { 

sleep 30; 
       units _this allowgetin true; 
       units _this ordergetin true; 

}; 

}foreach _squads;  

Thank you Sir!

Go Arma Go...

Cheers to All

Double_Time:yay:

Can you post example how to get this work?. i have set it up squads "sq1,sq2,sq3,sq4" and "bh1,bh2,bh3,bh4".

Ghost hawks start engines,wait groups but they dont takeoff in sequence.

Can you post example how to get this work?. i have set it up squads "sq1,sq2,sq3,sq4" and "bh1,bh2,bh3,bh4".

I have set this up as of yet since I only got this from Grumpy Old Man last night..but I believe you set up a delay between each chopper..I could be wrong..

BTW how does your choppers take off all together..what I was doing is linking each chopper to each other...that may do the trick..example..bh2 is linked to bh1, bh3 is linked to bh2 and bh4 is linked to bh3..

The script itself won't make the choppers go anywhere without further actions.

You need to give them waypoints, either use a move command or add waypoints in the editor, the choppers will wait until the squads are boarded.

You need to give them waypoints, either use a move command or add waypoints in the editor, the choppers will wait until the squads are boarded.

Yea I finally got it to work added waypoints..changed the squad's sleepmode to 3 now they all board..but need to know how to unlink units from each other...??? each Black Hawk needs its own waypoint..I tried something and it didn't work...

What I mean is I linked each Black Hawk to each other..like this bh2 to bh1, bh3 to bh2, bh4 to bh3 need to unlink them..

Managed to figure it out how to unlink..units..many thanks to all...its a slow learning process..but will manage..

Edited by Double_Time

yeah! i noticed:). i think its easy way to do this with triggers.

Yea I finally got it to work added waypoints..changed the squad's sleepmode to 3 now they all board..but need to know how to unlink units from each other...??? each Black Hawk needs its own waypoint..I tried something and it didn't work...

What I mean is I linked each Black Hawk to each other..like this bh2 to bh1, bh3 to bh2, bh4 to bh3 need to unlink them..

Managed to figure it out how to unlink..units..many thanks to all...its a slow learning process..but will manage..

Read this editor guide: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847

All advice is still relevant.