Sign in to follow this  
Ice9

Thank you Tonic. ArmA3 is now a casual game.

Tonic & company are an inspiration to all arma modders.

Vive la Différence!

See your arse mate? I think your head is firmly lodged up there. I'm no doctor but I think you might want to remove it pronto.

Indeed, BIS hates the community so much they FORCED us to pay $15 for the DLC FEATURES and prevented us from using the DLC content at all in mp without having to buy it. (LOL)

I'm not against mod, I'm just sad that the mod is so popular that is make a false idea of the game potentiel with so many servers. Like Dayz mod killed all servers.

I repeat because you seem to not understand: I'm not against sandbox moddable game, I'm just sad that like in ArmA2, visility of the vanilla servers are down.

Maybe the solution will be to create a DLC altis life.

PS: I'm ok with the mods. Just a question of visibility of the potentiel of the game.

I'm not against mod, I'm just sad that the mod is so popular that is make a false idea of the game potentiel with so many servers. Like Dayz mod killed all servers.

I repeat because you seem to not understand: I'm not against sandbox moddable game, I'm just sad that like in ArmA2, visility of the vanilla servers are down.

PS: I'm ok with the mods. Just a question of visibility of the potentiel of the game.

OK that's fair enough. Better filters would help. But still the other things you have been saying previously are misplaced.

Well, it's not with filters. It just an opinion about this great game and the really low visibility of the potentiel it appears on multi. There are not many games with this type of open world military game. So I hope in the future, other games like this will be created.

In my personnal opinion, ArmA is less a military game, it became a potato harvest game.

Edited by Ice9

Well, it's not with filters. It just an opinion about this great game and the really low visibility of the potentiel it appears on multi. There are not many games with this type of open world military game. So I hope in the future, other games like this will be created. IMO, ArmA is not really a military game, it became a potato harvest game.

-removed-

It's not Tonic's fault. Bad server browser is the biggest problem. We need better filters.

I agree ! This is only the real big problem !

For newbies shearching a real military gameplay, they will be disappointed in the browser at this time ! :(

The only constructive solution, I could think of is BI hosting multiple own, official servers with guaranteed certain gameplay types provided, that are on the top of server list. Somehow doubtfull, if this will happen. And even if so, no any warranty, there will be players willing to fill such servers (all are busy with potatoes...). From the other hand making own, BI or community, free of charge, high quality Life would have a chance to do one thing: to disappear all those shady "insert a coin" Life servers, but that's another matter.

@ all this is a warning, please keep things civil otherwise face infractions.

Now ArmA3 is a EXPERIENCE TRUE CASUAL GAMEPLAY IN A MASSIVE HARVEST SANDBOX.

Total servers online: 5704

Total Altis Life: 1375

Total Takistan Life: 125

Total Epoch Mod: 1140

Total Breaking Point: 29

Total King of the Hills: 115

Total Wasteland: 372

MILITARY GAME MODES :

Invade & Annex : 105

Domination : 95

Insurgency : 75

Here is the good thing ... you don't HAVE to play them!

The only constructive solution, I could think of is BI hosting multiple own, official servers with guaranteed certain gameplay types provided, that are on the top of server list. Somehow doubtfull, if this will happen. And even if so, no any warranty, there will be players willing to fill such servers (all are busy with potatoes...). From the other hand making own, BI or community, free of charge, high quality Life would have a chance to do one thing: to disappear all those shady "insert a coin" Life servers, but that's another matter.

A likeable DLC idea you've got there. Even further from military focus, it'd be great to see Altis Life disappear as a side-kick of many people's production, which ends up being a mess of licenses, 3D models and code.

Wasteland, Life, KTOH, Battle Royale and other game modes popularity has increased A3's sales by far, I'd assume. That doesn't mean a military focus is gone or impossible to reestablish anymore (if it's gone, in your terms).

Keep calm and wait for BIS' checkmate.

When I bought A2, I did so because of its "sandbox" nature. I played it a bit then got bored and put it down (I had no idea about the wonderful community surrounding it). A year later I saw a wasteland video and thought, that looks fun, and I dusted it off to try again. It wasn't until I got bored of wasteland that I started looking around for more game modes and discovered mil-sim. I've been playing with a community for over a year now and have had some of the best gaming experiences of my life here.

My point is, maybe all these casual game modes are actually good for the community. Maybe they attract players that otherwise wouldn't ever have even purchased Arma. How many closed groups saw the number of applications swell after DayZ? Arguably only 10-20% of those players are interested in a more serious style of play, but thats still more than enough to fuel several communities.

I think the relationship is more symbiotic than parasitic.

I agree with the OP, I think the game was better before BIS forced us all to play modded game types that we don't want to play. I mean, what is this, Nazi Germany?

To me, these statistic show more that the majority of the player base rather plays the 'other' game modes than the traditional military themed ones. :p

Is the dedicated, realistic and team-based ArmA co-op experience an endangered species? I don't know, but I do think the franchise would be a good template for some 'more serious life sim'. Here is some interesting A2 Island Life footage:

Of course the experience is completely dependant on the players themselves and this holds true to all other game modes.

After dark and behind closed doors, I am guessing there are many "Armed Assault's" with potatoes on the life servers ;)

"Ban/limit modding?"

Nope, just separate the content like in DLC or standalone or a kickstarter, or better filtering tools...

I understand modding but what I don't understand is when we arrive at this situation (like many players are living): wow ArmA3 is a great game, I want to play and have fun with multiplayers servers. After paid, the player starts the game and as a newbie , is totally lost because he sees soooooo many patatoes servers. Wow what a beautiful experience... Players like that exist too, don't ignore them.

Thank you, Tonic. You have done more for this game and community than most.

Thank you, Tonic. You have done more for this game and community than most.

Amen brother.

Oh by the way. We had this issue with DayZ and it became standalone. Guess what? There's still Arma 2 even Arma 3 DayZ servers. Making it a DLC won't do anything. Like I said before (and aimed at everyone, not just the OP) if you bitch about the "lack" of good MP servers running military missions. Become the hero of you're kind and set up you're own. Or spend 5 minutes on here looking for a good server/clan to join.

Well, that's your opinion. I've said mine.

Amen.

We need to update this chart:

dc79c98d6de1941eb054c693c27b9c85-pokemon-vs-call-of-duty.jpg

I will summon this, which summarize it well enough to me, bolding is mine:

You can do everything better in Arma (or Tactical Battlefield or A2:PR) but isn't the same thing.

The PR community have a different mindset and it shows; You can have a decent game session in pratically any PUBLIC server.

the problem is people dont even know what they dont know and arma people are simply clueless when it comes to that in comparion to bf2: pr players... i speak from my personal experience when i tried to adress the lack of teamplay and communication on a3 public servers (if you find one that runs pvp (eventhough they still have absurd money systems)), people where offended or adviced me to join a organized group that uses teamspeak *facepalm*

from: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184194-Squad-%28PR-BF2-Devs%29/page2

This is just me who was worried about the fact that we can just see 75 insurgency serveur and in a other way 1375 Altis Life serveur in arma III ? no just me ?

I think it is normal for the "new" community.

What's wrong with Wasteland? It combines the intensity of worrying about your gear with Arma's realism and gameplay. Although it is missing any large scale battles...

What is wrong with you? There are alot of ArmA Milsim Communitys and its seems like you have never used to be part in any of them. If you only want to play milsim then do so, dont care about all the life servers, i dont like life aswell, but do i hate them, NO! The point is that they did a really good job on their addon and you can play it if you want, if not dont play it.

I don't hate them, I find ArmA cool because of modding, but sad that visibility of vanilla servers are so down. Where are the main domination, insurgency, CTI, warfare...

Before it took a few minutes to join a random server and have fun by following guys on the field.

Now it is a really big deal.

And I have a clan so the argument of players like that had to join a clan to play the vanilla experience is not right, when I was on ArmA2, first I liked to join servers randomly and participate to the war mission and you can have really good fun. But who cares about thoses players now? Nobody...