Sign in to follow this  
Ice9

Thank you Tonic. ArmA3 is now a casual game.

Can an admin lock the topic?

Edited by Ice9

I don't see a lot of sandbox servers in this list unfortunatley...

No, no Military sandbox game, Patatoes sandbox game now !

Edited by ussmarines

I agree, BIS has to remove the term "military", like this it will be more explicit for players who want to buy the game. I'm ok that this is a sandbox game.

You can hardly blame Tonic for his modes being popular, he doesn't force ANYONE of those people to play them.

Arma's big source of greatness and vitality is apparently modding freedom, it provides. Default setting is military-themed and game mechanisms are tailored mostly for military content. Also game is advertised as such and nearly all mods are military-centric. So this plainly is primarily military game filled by militaristic content. Still anyone willing and capable can mod nearly anything, he can and want. Some did this and still are doing. It's fantastic. In that big variety of concepts and ideas some obviously are more popular amongst the players, than the other. So, what do you propose, if most of them choose differently, than you would prefer? Ban/limit modding? Convince all those players, they actually hate Life? Enslave all of them to please your taste only?

How many servers actually do you need to enjoy the game? If you necessarily need MP (which, frankly, to me could not exist at all), set own server with gameplay optimal for you, enjoying same freedom, this game offers, find the others enjoying same kind of game and go - what's else needed? Or create something more popular than Life, so Life servers will disappear. Accept the facts or influence on them yourself if you want and can. Rage against reality usually leads nowhere.

Edited by Rydygier

the missions based on military & war gameplay in arma 3 multiplayer are pretty dead from the begining. only a small % of overall MP servers runs them.

anyway, just leave the multiplayer, it isnt worth it, because of the lazyness of BI not supporting 64 bit & multithreading. just leave it.

the engine also makes military combat missions in many aspects unplayable for MP. if you play a zombie mission in MP, you have AI that doesnt have to do much (shooting, driving, flying etc) so way less tasks for the AI on this broken engine compared on a military combat mission.

so BI is to blame too because theyr lazyness force people to play other missions which are playable for them than military combat missions.

Nobody forced anybody to play Altis Life or whatever. The only people you can "blame" for this are the players who choose to play on these servers.

Besides if you don't like Altis Life etc. so fucking what? Don't play on them. It seems due to the amount of bitching about RP games there'd be enough to fill a Domination or Invade And Annex server . Maybe even 20. Then you can have all the true Arma experiences you wanted of bad pilots crashing a Chinook after only picking up 2 people. 20 people rambo'ing around and no one reviving. You want a good military server? Then quit bitching, host one and advertise it on the forums, in your sig or where ever and fill it up and there you go, You now have saved Arma from the boogie man and will go down in history.

Or do what I did and join a group/clan and am having some of the best moments of my Arma life. (da dum diiisssh)

We have a server. And I'm not against sandbox. Just to say that BIS has to remove the term "military" to be more closed to the reality. I'm open with a moddable game.

It's not Tonic's fault. Bad server browser is the biggest problem. We need better filters.

Why should they? The game is a military sandbox. Everything in the game by default is military (bar civs but that plays a part in it) BIS didn't make these Life missions. So that's not their problem.

I know that's not their problem, they don't care about the community of the vanilla game. Sad...

Just to say that BIS has to remove the term "military" to be more closed to the reality. I'm open with a moddable game.

Diehard lifelong OFP/ARMA singleplayer here and never seen this "life" your talking about - I have no Life! So the short of it is, no, they don't, unless of course Valve changes their game's name to Garry's Life.

Edited by froggyluv

I would not blame Tonic but congratulate him for keeping Arma 3 multiplayer alive. Seriously, he has done so much for this game, despite a lack of good multiplayer campaign out of the box.

Maybe with all the money that has been from life players (it can actually track total users to life servers vs everything else), BIS will make a military multiplayer campaign for the "rest of us" (TM - Apple Corp).

Oh wait they do but is called DayZ... Haha...

Now I REALLY wish BIS would go back to the future soldiers 2035 + aliens + rail and energy weapons of the original design.

"I would not blame Tonic but congratulate him for keeping Arma 3 multiplayer alive."

Did you know that ArmA means Armed Assault, where do you see multiplayer Armed Assault on a potatoes field?

So, it's about renaming the military game because someone modded into it potatoes? I found thread title double misleading then. I quite like Monthy Python-ish absurdal humor though.

And do you think that without all the others games modes, like Altis Life, the Arma 3 MP will be different? Come on...

Find a group that plays Arma as you like and play with them

Yes, a better visibility about the game potentiel.

I already have a clan.

I know that's not their problem, they don't care about the community of the vanilla game. Sad...

See your arse mate? I think your head is firmly lodged up there. I'm no doctor but I think you might want to remove it pronto.