Sign in to follow this  
J_ONeill

[Editor Object] Looking for the hangars found at the central Altis Airfield.

All I can find is the tent hanger, which I do not want. I'd like to get the "Hard" hangars already placed on the map by default. When I hover over it in the editor, it just shows as "Hangar" but I can't find one in the list to place.

See image below for what I'm looking for:

http://i.imgur.com/Ni1mENZ.jpg (224 kB)

One trick is to place eg the tent hangar in editor and then change the classname in mission.sqm file with an text editor to the classname of the "hard top" hangar. But be aware... if you double click the renamed entry in ingame editor again the object changed!

So, it's not possible to place it manually from the editor? Well, thanks.

What is the actual class name? Not sure how to find it.

Land_Hangar_F i believe it is. you can go looking through the configs (gears icon) at the top of the UI bar in the editor.

Oh, thank you. I'm just now really starting to use the editor, as I'm used to using Zeus to build temporary bases, but have been wanting to work creating permanent ones for a while. Thank you for the help.

Oh, thank you. I'm just now really starting to use the editor, as I'm used to using Zeus to build temporary bases, but have been wanting to work creating permanent ones for a while. Thank you for the help.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?186152-RELEASE-Zeus-Mission-Builder

you could use that to put your mission objects down in zeus then you can export the objects to mission.sqm format so you can continue working on it from the editor. works with any objects that zeus can place (which includes objects that aren't availiable in the 2d editor).

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?186152-RELEASE-Zeus-Mission-Builder

you could use that to put your mission objects down in zeus then you can export the objects to mission.sqm format so you can continue working on it from the editor. works with any objects that zeus can place (which includes objects that aren't availiable in the 2d editor).

If it is just one or two objects you could use the invisible helipad method

Place an invisible helipad, found under Objects (Signs)

In the init of the Helipad:

hangar = "Land_Hangar_F" createVehicle position this; deleteVehicle this;

hangar setVectorup [0,0,1];

If you have several objects you want to place you could use something like CJTF101 Editor which makes all objects in Arma 3 available in the editor and doesn't make any dependencies for your mission.

If you have several objects you want to place you could use something like CJTF101 Editor which makes all objects in Arma 3 available in the editor and doesn't make any dependencies for your mission.

Oh wow, thanks. That one really helped. Thanks so much.