Sign in to follow this  
bull_a

"Man" class using PhysX

Please can everyone vote for this ticket. My reason behind this is that I would like to be able to allow players to walk on moveable objects. Currently this issue when attempting to do this, is that the Human object will start a looped falling/hovering animation as it does not recognise the moving object (on which it is standing upon) to be a walkable surface. I believe that configuring a human object to make use of physx would fix this problem (or even if BI provides us with documentation, in-house tests with how to accomplish this)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22037

This would, in my opinion be an awesome enhancement to the game

Regards,

Bull

Please can everyone vote for this ticket. My reason behind this is that I would like to be able to allow players to walk on moveable objects. Currently this issue when attempting to do this, is that the Human object will start a looped falling/hovering animation as it does not recognise the moving object (on which it is standing upon) to be a walkable surface. I believe that configuring a human object to make use of physx would fix this problem (or even if BI provides us with documentation, in-house tests with how to accomplish this)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22037

This would, in my opinion be an awesome enhancement to the game

Regards,

Bull

Finally a thread on this matter. Well to start, this would have to be accomplished by adding roadway LODS to objects in which the man class is to be using. Then there would have to be a way to execute keeping man class on that object allowing movement at the same time, and then ounce the man class say, walks off of the of the LOD, then well, that class should no longer be moving with it. But one thing your missing, is that the max limit for a LOD I heard was around 60. That's not that big, in fact, it limits a lot of capabilities for say, bigger assets that would use hat feature. Like a moving ship of some sort, and BIS, is likely not going to make any sort of ship for us to sail with. But I do see importance on this regarding mods. There are a few mods using Roadway LODS, like the LCS demonstrator, and the MK V. SC ship, which isn't done yet. The only thing left, is a way to enable the man class to walk about, as the ship steadily sails.

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Up voted. Don't expect any feedback till BIS returns though.

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Oh and one other thing,

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170227-AttachToWithMovement-Walkable-Vehicle-Interriors-and-Exterirors

If you haven't already, it'd be a good idea to read through this to get a better understanding.

Upvoted because I too would like walkable surfaces, especially of the floating kind :D