Sign in to follow this  
austin_medic

AI and LIFT CARGO/DROP CARGO waypoints

I'm not quite sure these waypoint types (LIFT CARGO and DROP CARGO) are working quite right.

The AI looks to not know exactly how to approach a object it needs to lift with a huron. They go in circles and do some crazy stunts with their helicopters when trying to pick up hunters and dropping them off. Anyone else having this happen?

the video below explains it fairly well.

ticket for fix

I think it's proximity to other entities that makes the pilot freak out.

I was trying to get the AI to pick up a box the other night and they kept bobbing and circling until I moved my Hunter about 30m away.

I'm not quite sure these waypoint types (LIFT CARGO and DROP CARGO) are working quite right.

The AI looks to not know exactly how to approach a object it needs to lift with a huron. They go in circles and do some crazy stunts with their helicopters when trying to pick up hunters and dropping them off. Anyone else having this happen?

the video below explains it fairly well.

ticket for fix

i got a chinook to pick up an apc and carry it across the map just fine, but when i told it to drop it in a massive empty flat open field it just would like start to set it down then take off again and fly in circles forever.

---------- Post added at 03:57 ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 ----------

these might help if you use it in the init of the waypoint but i havent tried:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ropeDetach

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ropeCut

i think one removes the ropes and the other cuts the ropes and then removes them, but im not sure.

I think it's proximity to other entities that makes the pilot freak out.

I was trying to get the AI to pick up a box the other night and they kept bobbing and circling until I moved my Hunter about 30m away.

I have tested this, except with a C130J_CARGO plane dropping cargo and noticed the flight to designated waypoints may be affected by the presence of enemy units, even when the crew is set to setCaptive = true.

Is there a command or proven script that forces the crew to ingnore or fly blissfully to their waypoints?