austin_medic

[RELEASE] No Mine Markers

No Mine Markers

by

austin_medic

This script is pretty basic. It removes the dumb mine markers that pop up on everyones map in zeus. This makes it less likely that players will use it to cheat knowing exactly where your minefields are.

It works pretty simple, it just gets all the markers that are on the map, and finds ones that have a prefix of bis_fnc_minedrawf, then it deletes those ones.

running it is simple, put in init.sqf

nul = [] execVM "AUSMD_noMineMarker.sqf";

Mirrors:

Dropbox (1.1)

Edited by austin_medic

Thanks! Was looking for this some time back but couldn't find it. Much appreciated!

I like the Idea of this script! I have just tested it on a dedicated server and the script generally does what it is supposed to do, however the minefieldmarker pops up every 10ish seconds for a blink of an eye. Apart from that it's great!

Any chance you could fix that?

I like the Idea of this script! I have just tested it on a dedicated server and the script generally does what it is supposed to do, however the minefieldmarker pops up every 10ish seconds for a blink of an eye. Apart from that it's great!

Any chance you could fix that?

Thats strange. In theory it should be gone forever after the script checks for it every 1 or 2 seconds. Will look into it

@austin_medic you able to update this please mate, it's not working anymore. No matter what I do it still shows the mines on the map and in the player's hud.

Thanks

Strange... I did some tests, etc... allMapMarkers doesn't even return the mine markers it seems, at least not in my tests. I tried several mines which I placed down. I looked through the functions viewer and found the BIS_fnc_drawMinefields function along with this code:

{deletemarker _x;} foreach (missionnamespace getvariable ["bis_fnc_drawMinefields_markers",[]]);
bis_fnc_drawMinefields_markers = [];

I put the following in debug console:

hintSilent format ["%1", (missionNamespace getVariable ["bis_fnc_drawMinefields_markers", []])];

It returned [] as most likely using default value. I wasn't sure if this function applied to user placed mines during the mission. I then thought, maybe the ones you see on map (placed by players) are created with drawIcon (just a thought) so I looked through the config viewer in search for something helpful, couldn't find anything useful. I came across this:

RscCustomInfoMineDetect

Wasn't sure what to do with it. I also tried hinting controls/variables and other things. Not sure why lol... I tested this in the Editor on VR. For reason, I thought VR could be the problem but it wasn't as I tested on Stratis after.

It could be CPU expensive to delete these frequently updated markers. Why don't you set them off  in the mission difficulties?

3 hours ago, HazJ said:

Yeah, I agree. That would be a better solution.

detectedMines = 0;

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Difficulty_Menu

Oooo never knew this, does this go into the init of the mission or the actual server.cfg ? I would like to do this without changing the server to veteran etc... just a basic config to disable mine markers.

Thanks guys :)

You can make custom difficulty. It will show up as "Custom" though. Tweak the settings to your own liking. Examples and all you need is on that page. Save to server profile. I use:

class DifficultyPresets
{
	class CustomDifficulty
	{
		class Options
		{
			autoReport=0;
			cameraShake=0;
			commands=2;
			deathMessages=0;
			detectedMines=2;
			enemyTags=0;
			friendlyTags=0;
			groupIndicators=2;
			mapContent=0;
			multipleSaves=1;
			reducedDamage=0;
			scoreTable=1;
			staminaBar=1;
			stanceIndicator=2;
			tacticalPing=0;
			thirdPersonView=1;
			visionAid=0;
			vonID=1;
			waypoints=2;
			weaponCrosshair=0;
			weaponInfo=2;
		};
	};
	class CustomAILevel
	{
		skillAI=1;
		precisionAI=1;
	};
};
profileName.Arma3Profile

Remember, you need to have:

detectedMines=0;

• Like 1

i was interested in this problem, and i tried, but the only way i menaged to delete/not show the markers on an MP dedicated server was with AUSTIN script. server difficulty does not work for me.
if you can test and/or explain better would be awesome, maybe its just me doing wrong.

So it doesn't work anymore? seems config way works now, gg script obsolete.

For anyone wondering a couple years ago when this was posted setting the mine markers for Zeus off wasn't possible via config and you had to delete them by looking at the prefixes from allMapMarkers

I have been unable to get the difficulty setting to take effect in 1.80 in either the editor or a dedicated server.  Instead, I put

bis_fnc_drawminefields_active = true;

in my initServer.  That fools the function into thinking that it's already running, so the whole process is short-circuited.  I assume that's what the difficulty configuration thing is supposed to do.