deltagamer

DG British Armed Forces

@EddiePrice Yeah i'll probably end up doing that.

@owenpc I could of sworn zeus was working before I released them, i'll get a fix out soon.

@christian2526 Thanks for letting me know about that base class. As for the evac heli I should have one somewhere on my drive so i'll try and find it and get it added.

@BagPiperGuy Thanks for letting me know about those issues but I'm not getting any of these problems so I'm guessing your using mods that are conflicting with each other. As for zeus I've already answered that above :)

@Bradders16AA Hopefully all the aircraft will have the new flight model. I'm really unsure how to get it fully working though and there isn't much documentation on it too.

@wiggie Yeah I noticed that too with the MFDs and I've got an idea why its doing that (see below). Also I must have forgotten to do the camera on the ch47 and what do you class as "light vehicles"? It can lift the offroad and a few other vehicles and ammo creates, as for a container of that size I think its a bit unrealistic. As for the hook thing I'm not sure whats causing that.

Most of the problems people are experiencing are probably coming from how I binarized the mod as the thing wouldn't binarize what so ever with addon builder so I had to end up using binpbo :( Which I believe is outdated now so thats probably causing a lot of problems.

Thanks everyone for the support :)

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

Also everything works fine with the unbinarized version so I would check that out instead whilst you wait

Edited by deltagamer

@EddiePrice Yeah i'll probably end up doing that.

Thanks DG, appreciated. Nice work again!

The hook / sling issue is a weird one and not one we could resolve either. We looked at it at 3 Commando Brigade, using the helicopter example BIS provides in their editing tools to add the capability to lift, but there doesn't appear to be a reason why the key bind doesn't work. The hook deploys fine from the scroll wheel menu. If anyone resolves it, please let the rest of us know.

I might be able to fix it as I think its to do with how the slingload memorypoints are position on the model (too close). As for all the reported bugs I think I've fixed them all, I'm going to add in door/ramp gunners for the merlin and wildcat first then i'll release the next update.

Thanks for looking up the model, i`d love to have a propper one! Also BinPbo shouldn`t make any problems, i use it for units and their configs and its doing a great job!

By lights I meant the spotlights that the BI helicopters added. If you're not planning to add them then its not an issue, I just noticed it had the spotlight/headlight icon on the hud but no spotlight itself.

The vehicle I was trying to lift with the CH-47 was one of 3CB's Jackal's. After a little testing I've found that the Merlin can lift them but the CH-47 can't.

The vehicle I was trying to lift with the CH-47 was one of 3CB's Jackal's. After a little testing I've found that the Merlin can lift them but the CH-47 can't.

This is a really simple config file change, in DG's Chinook pack he set the maximum mass to 10000 whereas the Chinook in this pack is 2000. If you would like the updated config I can upload it unless DG doesn't want me to.

@wiggie The wildcat in real life to my knowledge doesn't have a spot light built into its optics (could be wrong) so I have no clue why BI have added it to their Hellcat, but then its in the future so that excuse can be used. Since this is adding in non future aircraft there won't be a spot light anytime soon.

I think I changed the Chinooks sling capacity instead of the wildcats by mistake

@Baconide There wouldn't be much point in posting it here at least since I'm going to have another update out soon.

Very nice thank you!

I noticed when deploying ropes from a hovered chinook a few seconds later the rear rotor will be destroyed.

Also will the armed hellcats have lock-on rockets like the other NATO Hellcat mod/Arma 2?

Would it be possible to view the pilots camera in the apache while in the pilots seat? Or have it's own camera like the Nodeunit apache.

When we were looking at the sling load weights that the chinook and merlin can lift the chinook can out at 10tonnes and the merlin was 6-7 I think. That was what I think the 3CB vehicles pack has anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@alexcroox I haven't had that issue with the fastroping so i'll need to do more testing. As for the wildcat having ATGM that will be in the future and I'm not quite sure what you are asking for your final question. There is a MFD to view the gunners optics but its currently bugged.

@andy1 thanks for the info i'll get that sorted out.

Can someone tell me if the British Army versions (not navy) have 50cals or do they use GPMG for the left and right gunners.

http://i.imgur.com/1MCU8ko.jpg (189 kB)

I couldn't find much images on it but it looks like a GPMG at the door, however I'm sure I've seen m3m's in the left and right windows of the merlin

N2DNGF8.jpg

Edited by deltagamer

Afaik only GPMG and M3M, more the GPMG because the M3M`s weight is very heavy and you have to swap the barrel every 300 rounds. I can get you more Information if needed.

@alexcroox There is a MFD to view the gunners optics but its currently bugged.

Ah very much looking forward to trying that when it's fixed. The typical Arma PiP is often so pixelated and small it's worthless, be good to stare down the same camera view to see what the gunner is dealing with!

Edited by alexcroox

Can someone tell me if the British Army versions (not navy) have 50cals or do they use GPMG for the left and right gunners.

http://i.imgur.com/1MCU8ko.jpg (189 kB)

I couldn't find much images on it but it looks like a GPMG at the door, however I'm sure I've seen m3m's in the left and right windows of the merlin

http://i.imgur.com/N2DNGF8.jpg

No, the transport ones that the RAF used to fly are only fitted with GPMGs for self-defence. The M3Ms on the Navy's ASW/ASuW Merlins are there as an offensive armament so the practicalities of using a .50cal on those is different - not least they only need one gun in the main starboard cargo door, so have a reduced concern for available space and weight.

At any rate, the only multi-gun defensive armaments I've ever seen on real-world Merlins, regardless of operator have been of the 7.62mm persuasion: FN MAG/GPMG (UK and Denmark), MG-3 (Italian Navy's UH-101A) and M134 (Italian AF's HH-101A)

The twin .50 cal arrangement was something that was proposed for the US-101 version of the Merlin that was running in the USAF's CSAR-X competition (Pavehawk replacement), but that never came to be.

HH71_002.jpg.

Whenever I've travelled on Merlin they've been armed with a single GPMG on one of the front doors and a GPMG on the rear ramp.

Rear ramp:

http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20130604/rasouli_amir20130604074407157.jpg (190 kB)

Merlin%20and%20troops.JPG

Since all the Merlins have now been transferred to the FAA/Cdo Heli Force things may change though..

Edited by Rocko

Don't know whether this had been reported yet,when use the action menu to open the side door of the Lynx,when select open right door,nothing happen,but when select open left door,both side of the doors are opened.

And I can only find the CH-47 in the Zeus and MCC menu.And when I tried to put a CH-47 on the ground by using MCC,the game crushed everytime I'm going to do this.

Otherwise,this is the best mod of the British helis.

On the Wildcat you have 20mm Gatling and some rockets in the config, yet you can only use the first weapon in the array. (e.i you cant change weapons) only rockets appear when in the pilots seat.

That could be a conflict issue, soldierman. Both weapons are working fine for me, though the 20mm cannon is much more of an autocannon than a Gatling gun. Pretty sure that's intentional however.

Cant be a conflict issue, tested again using 2 fresh downloads running just this mod alone. Still cant switch weapons when in the wildcats pilot seat.

Here's a small update, the mod should now be usable as due to binarizing issues the mod was broken. The Merlin's rear gun is currently a place holder, I have a proper ramp gun modeled but don't have time to finish it up for this release. I'll be away for the rest of the month so if there is any problems with it just leave a post and i'll read it when I get back.

- v1.1

- Mod should work now.

- Added Merlin HC3 Ramp Gun (place holder gun system for now)

- Moved CH-47 Fastrope points for AGM (caused rotor failure)

- Foundations of ADV Flight model added (currently not usable but its there for other modder's - refer to unbinarized)

- Added working wheels (heli's will no longer nail to the ground when landing)

Download Binarized v1.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?5qxq604fha1h251

Download Uninarized v1.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?8a8174qhxll4uyy

Thanks to evrik for helping me out with the binarizing issue and thanks to soldierman for helping me with the advance flight model.

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

@soldierman There should be 3 different modes for the rockets, you might need to hit the change weapon key a couple of times to get it set to the cannon.

Edited by deltagamer

Here's a small update, the mod should now be usable as due to binarizing issues the mod was broken. The Merlin's rear gun is currently a place holder, I have a proper ramp gun modeled but don't have time to finish it up for this release. I'll be away for the rest of the month so if there is any problems with it just leave a post and i'll read it when I get back.

- v1.1

- Mod should work now.

- Added Merlin HC3 Ramp Gun (place holder gun system for now)

- Moved CH-47 Fastrope points for AGM (caused rotor failure)

- Foundations of ADV Flight model added (currently not usable but its there for other modder's - refer to unbinarized)

- Added working wheels (heli's will no longer nail to the ground when landing)

Download Binarized v1.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?5qxq604fha1h251

Download Uninarized v1.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?8a8174qhxll4uyy

Thanks to evrik for helping me out with the binarizing issue and thanks to soldierman for helping me with the advance flight model.

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

@soldierman There should be 3 different modes for the rockets, you might need to hit the change weapon key a couple of times to get it set to the cannon.

Nice lets fly on :D