laxemann

LAxemann's DynaSound: A new soundmod (+ public soundmod-framework)

Thanks...so no scripting for multiplayer (like DragonFyre have ?)

Any news about first release ? :)

Any news about first release ? :)

Yes. He announced it would be finished by the time it's done.

Yes. He announced it would be finished by the time it's done.

I did indeed!

Small video update:

I'm currently reworking some of the sounds (and adding new ones, too!)

This is a random firefight on the Kunduz Terrain:

Nice it's clearly an improvement from before, good job!

i'm following this thread from the first day since to me it is the most realistic/optimised/reliable sound mod, good job and keep going on :D

keep up the good work Little Axemann!!! Really love what you have done so far and looking fwd to release. great job

So are you still only doing echoes? that can be used along side any other sound mod(like before) or are you making your own sound mod. Because in the video I didn't notice any reverb or echoes, not like before. And Definitely not like the video I linked earlier, reason why I linked it. So people could hear what reality sounds like, people like you, who are modding.

So are you still only doing echoes? that can be used along side any other sound mod(like before) or are you making your own sound mod. Because in the video I didn't notice any reverb or echoes, not like before. And Definitely not like the video I linked earlier, reason why I linked it. So people could hear what reality sounds like, people like you, who are modding.

The reverb thingy is a seperate mod called Enhanced Soundscape.

This thread here promotes my own "actual" soundmod which changes the weapon's sounds and introduces scripted distance sounds etc. :)

By the way:

It's been a very productive day!

I purchased professional samples worth... a good chunk a few days ago and it's incredible fun to work with them. I'm really happy with the results!

Additionally, pretty much every distant sound and most first person sounds (so pretty much the whole mod so far) were redone.

I've also finished soundsets for the EBR, M320LRR, Rahim and Lynx.

Oh, and I've started working on tank cannon sounds.

If everything works out as planned I should have all handheld rifles done by the end of the week, maybe a bit later.

The next step will be pistols. I also want to revisit the scripted explosions since I'm not happy with the script framework I've written for them back then.

Don't like my mod? No probs, I'll try to use the new/overhauled techniques for DragonFyre once I'm done. :)

Edited by LAxemann

ok laxemann, thats the best of the best I´ve ever heard in a game!!!!!!!!!! PERFECT!!!!!

Now I have to drink a cup of tea to calm down....

Can´t wait for release. Great work!

ok laxemann, thats the best of the best I´ve ever heard in a game!!!!!!!!!! PERFECT!!!!!

Now I have to drink a cup of tea to calm down....

Can´t wait for release. Great work!

Haha, thanks dude!

Make sure to get another cup, here comes yet another video:

I wanted to point out the differences in sound dynamics and design.

You can hear the rook40 (pistol), Katiba (rifle) aswell as the Kir (silenced rifle) in the video.

Don't like my mod? No probs, I'll try to use the new/overhauled techniques for DragonFyre once I'm done. :)

To be quite honest mate, if people hate what you've done so far (especially the recent videos) they need their heads examined, hehe. Really really nicely executed so far. Will look forward to future developments! :)

Haha, thanks dude!

Make sure to get another cup, here comes yet another video:

I wanted to point out the differences in sound dynamics and design.

You can hear the rook40 (pistol), Katiba (rifle) aswell as the Kir (silenced rifle) in the video.

Dude, I love you! :cool:

You do an awesome job! Congrats Laxemann!

Thanks guys! :)

I'm currently experimenting with wind effects.

The idea is that sound can be carried either away or further towards you depending on the wind direction and speed.

Dynasound uses distance steps, to be more precise: 0m, 20m, 50m, 150m, 250m, 550m, 1000m and 1800m for each weapon.

It could look like this:

Someone is shooting 90m away from you and a heavy wind is going from you towards the shooter.

Usually, DynaSound would pick the 50m sound, but due to the heavy wind a value is added to the distance and it therefore

uses the 150m sound.

I have no clue how much performance this would eat. It may even sound bad, but I'll see, currently writing the stuff. :)

Edit: Too much maths and time, will try this sometime later :P

Edited by LAxemann

Will you still be coding this to allow weapon mod pack builders to tag into it ?

For instance our sounds you gave us for the 3CB_weapons pack.. Would be amazing to get that level of sound effect ?

SJ

Thanks guys! :)

I'm currently experimenting with wind effects.

The idea is that sound can be carried either away or further towards you depending on the wind direction and speed.

Dynasound uses distance steps, to be more precise: 0m, 20m, 50m, 150m, 250m, 550m, 1000m and 1800m for each weapon.

It could look like this:

Someone is shooting 90m away from you and a heavy wind is going from you towards the shooter.

Usually, DynaSound would pick the 50m sound, but due to the heavy wind a value is added to the distance and it therefore

uses the 150m sound.

I have no clue how much performance this would eat. It may even sound bad, but I'll see, currently writing the stuff. :)

Edit: Too much maths and time, will try this sometime later :P

Oh man this sounds great! Wind is pretty big thing on everything so it's nice to hear some element experimenting. When someone can make the wind sound and feel authentic, it adds so much in immersion. Currently you only pretty much hear that there's wind or there isn't and there's no way to hear how much there's wind.

Will you still be coding this to allow weapon mod pack builders to tag into it ?

For instance our sounds you gave us for the 3CB_weapons pack.. Would be amazing to get that level of sound effect ?

SJ

Of course, everyone can do own distance templates for both weapons and explosions.

You can also add existing soundsets to weapons.

I'm trying to keep it as beginner-friendly as possible. :)

By the way, this is the stuff that is finished so far:

• 155mm Cannon

• EBR

• GAU-8

• GMG

• HMG

• Katiba/KH2002

• Kir

• Lynx

• M320 LRR

• Mk20/F2000

• MK200/Stoner LMG

• MLRS

• MX

• P07

• Rahim

• Rook40

• Silencer sounds (most of 'em)

• SPMG

• Sting/ Scorpion EVO

• TRG20&21/Tavor

• Underslung Grenade Launchers

• Zafir/Negev

• Vermin

Edited by LAxemann

Of all sounds in the game, I hate the default RGO hand grenade explosion sound effect. If you can for the next update (whenever that will be) please redo it. It sounds like a laser beam imploding and pisses me off every time I hear it lol

PS: Unless "Underslung Grenade Launchers" also is applied to hand grenades, then hurray :D

Of all sounds in the game, I hate the default RGO hand grenade explosion sound effect. If you can for the next update (whenever that will be) please redo it. It sounds like a laser beam imploding and pisses me off every time I hear it lol

PS: Unless "Underslung Grenade Launchers" also is applied to hand grenades, then hurray :D

Oh sorry, yeah, hand grenade sounds are redone, too :D

With the updates BIS have done the vanilla sound scape isn't so bad anymore, but the sonic cracks are still pretty pitiful. Any chance we could get a preview with the sonic cracks, if they've changed from one of the videos you uploaded a few months ago. :)

LAxeman you're my new lord and savior until JarHead returns.

The new sounds in the dev build are nice, but I'm sure yours will inarguably be better. ;)

Introducing: The new M134 minigun sounds and the soundset!

where is the Downlaod Link ? :D it sounds great