laxemann

LAxemann's DynaSound: A new soundmod (+ public soundmod-framework)

Aaaand another video - especially for everyone who loves himself some heavy guns! :D

NATO forces attack an airport with two Patrias.

The airport is held by some AAF and CSAT forces - The AAF try to counter the attack with two Warriors while CSAT artillery engages a town which is located ~4km away.

Note that you can hear the deep rumbling of the rounds impacting 4 or 5 km away at ~1:06. :)

Laxemann, having just returned from a dems package, i must say great work bud. You mentioned earlier that you strive to create the most realistic/authentic soundscape you can. Continue on your current trajectory, and i and damn sure you are going to blow that goal outa the water. Look forward to see more of your genius, good luck.

Aaaand another video - especially for everyone who loves himself some heavy guns! :D

NATO forces attack an airport with two Patrias.

The airport is held by some AAF and CSAT forces - The AAF try to counter the attack with two Warriors while CSAT artillery engages a town which is located ~4km away.

Note that you can hear the deep rumbling of the rounds impacting 4 or 5 km away at ~1:06. :)

Dude, this is SEX! So good! The bass from those vehicles firing is fucking perfection!

PM'd Some feedback dude, More to come soon! :D

Mega great work so far!

Hey guys,

a small update:

Since BI are currently tweaking the sound handling in ArmA, I've decided to focus on gathering sounds rather than continuing implementing stuff, so there won't be much to hear in the next time, but it should go really fast as soon as I know what's being changed and how this affects the mod :)

Good to hear from you! I was was just in fact about start sifting through the forums to find out what the crack was. Will certainly be interesting to find out what bi end up doing. Not really sure about time scales though. . . . . . .

Regardless good luck!!

Alright guys!

I've learned lots of stuff about scripting and this lead me to redoing the script framework.

The first performance and efficiency results are more than satisfying :)

I've also added some new distance sounds to some weapons, here's a quick "ambient" piece...

Sound dynamics still concern me and after rewriting the script framework, tweaking volumes will be the top priority.

I'll keep you updated :)

Optimizations are always welcome in my book. But do gun shots really sound that "bubbly" at that distance? I would think it would sound more like a distant cracking or snapping.

But do gun shots really sound that "bubbly" at that distance? I would think it would sound more like a distant cracking or snapping.

I guess that depends on the direction the gun is pointing. It sounds different if it's pointing towards you compared to if it's pointing away from you. That's not easy to replicate in a game :)

Optimizations are always welcome in my book. But do gun shots really sound that "bubbly" at that distance? I would think it would sound more like a distant cracking or snapping.

That's one of the old distance samples of the MK200, they sound weird but I've always been too lazy to make new oney. Well, about time, I guess. :)

It should be noticable that only the MK200 makes these sounds in the video, the other guns shouldn't sound as "bubblish"

That's good to know. The other weapon (firing from right of video?) sounded better/more snappy. Thanks for the response :D

Looking forward to it :)

Edited by i3r4ndon

whats the map in the last video? looks good

I am pretty sure that it is Stratis ;)

Hi! asked this in other mod's thread, and want to hear your take on that:

Hi, here's the thing I am wondering for a while: at what distance you can hear gunshot, explosions or tank shot?

As far as i know IRL you can hear gunshot pretty far away, like 8-10km at open field or so? But in game i think its fade away completely at 2-3km?

Is it because of view distance settings? Or some engine feature? Or its just another example of this dynamic sound range?

other soundmod cuts all the gunshots at 3500m. distance, i guess you do pretty much same thing?

Hi! asked this in other mod's thread, and want to hear your take on that:

Hi, here's the thing I am wondering for a while: at what distance you can hear gunshot, explosions or tank shot?

As far as i know IRL you can hear gunshot pretty far away, like 8-10km at open field or so? But in game i think its fade away completely at 2-3km?

Is it because of view distance settings? Or some engine feature? Or its just another example of this dynamic sound range?

other soundmod cuts all the gunshots at 3500m. distance, i guess you do pretty much same thing?

The distance a loud noise can be heard depends on tons of factors in reality.

Humidity, objects in the way, even the temperature to a little extent, the terrain...

I'd say the average distance a regular gunshot can be heard in a rather flat terrain without many objects in the way is around ~3-4km.

Louder shots, like tank cannons etcs, can be heard from a louder distance, of course.

Most smallarms in DynaSound will be audible up to 3km, 7.62 around 3,5km.

some explosions and stuff can be heard over 5km, though.

High-end(treble) sounds get lost in the wash/wind and other world sounds, Low-end(bass) sounds rumble thru the wash and actually and can be carried along on some materialis/terrain, mass of wood objects. Chances of hearing a 5.56 in the wind, and shot away from you at 3km is nil.

An update... yes.. been hitting F5 tvice a day every day since "Mar 8 2015, 15:46"

What's a rough ETA on a release, LAxemann?

What's a rough ETA on a release, LAxemann?

Hey mate!

Sorry, bit I've got no clue. Could be in 2 weeks, could be in 3 months.

Looking forward to this mod. Now that Jardhead backed off from modding, I think much more people might get interested by this.

Im really looking forward to using the config Framework for my own mod, Project Genesis :)

Im huge fan of sound mods ... was huge fan of DragonFyre but man, this soundmod have some ballz. Really looking forward to it.

I have one question...this soundmod is scripted ? So basically, there is some kind of fps tradeoff when running on multiplayer server ? Or its purely client-side mod ?

Thanks!

Im huge fan of sound mods ... was huge fan of DragonFyre but man, this soundmod have some ballz. Really looking forward to it.

I have one question...this soundmod is scripted ? So basically, there is some kind of fps tradeoff when running on multiplayer server ? Or its purely client-side mod ?

Thanks!

It's a client side mod and I'm currently dedicating my time to ensure maximum FPS. :)