laxemann

LAxemann's DynaSound: A new soundmod (+ public soundmod-framework)

Hmmm, not sure about that one. Sounds like a short sound clip that's repeating itself - I can hear the start and end of the loop. Maybe try and make it a bit more seamless?

Here's what I mean in words (bear with me :p):

Current sound:

BrrrRrrrRrrr

Would be better if it was:

Brrrrrrr

Does that make sense? Probably not lol.

It does and is just a matter of tweaking values, don't worry - it has a low priority at the moment though since it means restarting ArmA ~20 times until I found the perfect loop spots :D

Haha fair enough. Good to know it can be easily tweaked :)

It does and is just a matter of tweaking values, don't worry - it has a low priority at the moment though since it means restarting ArmA ~20 times until I found the perfect loop spots :D

Maybe you can be more efficient merging configs on the fly ingame? https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Diagnostics_Exe

Lax, do you use the "loop" function that has been mentioned in the audio tweaking thread? I know we both can find the "right spot" in the DAW but how to find the right sample number... Mh. :-/

Edited by megagoth1702

Lax, do you use the "loop" function that has been mentioned in the audio tweaking thread? I know we both can find the "right spot" in the DAW but how to find the right sample number... Mh. :-/

Yup, using that for the GAU.

And how we find it? Tweak, restart, repeat for 20 times :D :D

Yup, using that for the GAU.

And how we find it? Tweak, restart, repeat for 20 times :D :D

Nooo, fuck that! I'm going to look into a better way. If I find out anything I'll let you know. ;)

Got it. Shows sample number right there. :)

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1460240&posted=1#post1460240

http://i.imgur.com/AfbTxPJ.jpg

Hail reaper.

What DAW do you use? I'm sure there is a similiar setting.

EDIT:

Is this feature working in arma right now or do I need the dev version for it? Bigpickle said something about it not working.

EDIT2: Apparently it works on GAU only. Goddamit.

Edited by megagoth1702

Is this feature working in arma right now or do I need the dev version for it? Bigpickle said something about it not working.

EDIT2: Apparently it works on GAU only. Goddamit.

It's on the stable since the a-10 mutant was introduced, and it should work on any (vehicle) weapon, I used it for two weapons of RHS :)

It's on the stable since the a-10 mutant was introduced, and it should work on any (vehicle) weapon, I used it for two weapons of RHS :)

Fuck me, I can't get the minigun to work properly. The sound keeps restarting... :-/ I checked whether I was writing configs in a bad way and wrote one for the GAU8, worked out of the box. Dammit.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154605-Audio-Tweaking-%28dev-branch%29&p=2858154#post2858154

Could you PM me a part of a config or something?

Edited by megagoth1702

Well, I'll only do soundsets for vanilla weapons, but if a mod weapon inherits from it (config/scripting stuff), then it will have the same effects.

Also, vanilla ArmA3 features speed of sound simulation, too, I just have to take it into account because of the distance scripts :D

//

Sooo guys, I did a quick recording for all the brrrrrrt-fans out there.

I'll admit, I've had a bit of Whiskey, so I'm a bit talkative despite being alone, but I was sayinbg aloud "I am myself a 'brrrrrrrt' fan" and my "brrrrrrrrt" was timed perfectly to that of the video. As if I wasn't already a fan of your work!

Great stuff duder. Cannot wait to see more!

Another small, but fine milestone is reached:

The sounds for all "standard issued rifled" for all factions are finished, meaning:

Katiba

MX

Mk200

FN2000/MK 20

Tavor/Trg-20/21

Zafir

I'm currently a bit laid-back when it comes to modding, though, since Dark Souls is consuming almost my entire spare time. God, what a game!

But you'll hear from me, no worries! :D

One of the best hardcore games,don't get frustrated hehe good luck and don't die :D

One of the best hardcore games,don't get frustrated hehe good luck and don't die :D

I'm almost finished and just PvP'in in the royal forest. Go get me there. ;)

I like the sounds so far, but it's going to be hard for me to switch from JSRS3's DragonFyre unless your pack offers new sounds that add to immersion. For example, I noticed in DragonFyre immediately the first time I used it. Running on grass features a new grass trampling sound that isn't audible in the vanilla. The gunshots for all the weapons do sound better in my opinion that DragonFyre's. They feel more powerful as gunshots should. In my opinion, every little detail that should be audible should be. This is the reason I like DragonFyre so much as you can hear things that you cant in Vanilla like gunshot reflections on surfaces. The one thing that would add to immersion would be new player hit sounds that also include groans or grunts when a soldier is struck by a round.

The one thing that would add to immersion would be new player hit sounds that also include groans or grunts when a soldier is struck by a round.

Insurgency has it to where you hear your soldier freaking out when rounds land near or hit you and you survive. Quite immersive.

I like JSRS, but I like the way this mod is sounding so far.

Insurgency has it to where you hear your soldier freaking out when rounds land near or hit you and you survive. Quite immersive.

I like JSRS, but I like the way this mod is sounding so far.

That's different but it still adds to immersion. Those are reactions to being fired at. Insurgency does not have a body bullet impact and groan sound. If you play PR:BF2. You will know what I am talking about. When a player is struck by a round. You hear the bullet hitting the flesh and the person groaning in pain. In Arma 3, there is a distinct bullet impact sound when you are hit. You can hear the bullet strucking flesh or kevlar but the character does not react to being hit, this is obvious in first person, there is only the impact noise but no character groan.

I like the sounds so far, but it's going to be hard for me to switch from JSRS3's DragonFyre unless your pack offers new sounds that add to immersion. For example, I noticed in DragonFyre immediately the first time I used it. Running on grass features a new grass trampling sound that isn't audible in the vanilla. The gunshots for all the weapons do sound better in my opinion that DragonFyre's. They feel more powerful as gunshots should. In my opinion, every little detail that should be audible should be. This is the reason I like DragonFyre so much as you can hear things that you cant in Vanilla like gunshot reflections on surfaces. The one thing that would add to immersion would be new player hit sounds that also include groans or grunts when a soldier is struck by a round.

You seem to not listen to Laxe's videos with proper volume. You can hear every detail in Laxe's guns. JSRS is completely OVER THE TOP loud and distorted, google "loudness war music industry". Shit's happening in games too. Also, Laxeman has gun sound reflections.

@Hit sounds: I tried to do it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1499uzmf9tbyq8m

The sound good in game but the sound is being played from where you get hit. So if you get hit in the LEFT arm, you will hear "UGH" from LEFT as if someone next to you would get hit. Which makes no sense because your moan should be audible from the CENTER. I don't know a better way to make this work so I just pulled the voice out of the samples.

Edited by megagoth1702

You seem to not listen to Laxe's videos with proper volume. You can hear every detail in Laxe's guns. JSRS is completely OVER THE TOP loud and distorted, google "loudness war music industry". Shit's happening in games too. Also, Laxeman has gun sound reflections.

@Hit sounds: I tried to do it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1499uzmf9tbyq8m

The sound good in game but the sound is being played from where you get hit. So if you get hit in the LEFT arm, you will hear "UGH" from LEFT as if someone next to you would get hit. Which makes no sense because your moan should be audible from the CENTER. I don't know a better way to make this work so I just pulled the voice out of the samples.

I think you misunderstood me. The gunshots are great in this preview. I'm just saying that JSRS also adds more sounds for things that are not gunshots like trampling of grass which isnt there in vanilla. The only thing I dislike about JSRS are some things like the NATO MX gunshots which sound like a airsoft rifle when you hear it fire from 3rd person at certain angles.

I may have heard from a dead eagle that this sound mod is the "chosen one" when it comes to sound mods, especially when dealing with a more realistic side to sounds. Are the prophecies true? :P In other words, is epic realistic sounds what you are going for in concept or you going for "fun" or something else?

Thx

I may have heard from a dead eagle that this sound mod is the "chosen one" when it comes to sound mods, especially when dealing with a more realistic side to sounds. Are the prophecies true? :P In other words, is epic realistic sounds what you are going for in concept or you going for "fun" or something else?

Thx

Well, I'd go as far as saying that you can't really create "realistic" weapon sounds in a game - The surrounding simply determines too much how a "weapon"/it's reverb tail sounds.

But generally speaking, I'm trying to create a soundmod that sounds as authentic and maybe even "realistic" as possible to me.

This means that when firing your gun, you'll hear lots of mechanics and that the actual discharge bang is based on the muzzle length and caliber.

(Meaning many weapons will sound similiar at distances)

Btw, small download

I've picked a random weapon with random.org and it turned out to be the Tavor.

So, when clicking here you can download a "lite" version of the Tavor.

Meaning: Do distance scripts or anything, just the sound replacement - For both, regular and silenced shooting.

'Hope you guys like how firing the gun feels like with this. :)

Also: Foxhound and the others, please don't upload this since it's not even a tiny bit of the actual mod. Thanks!

Well, I'd go as far as saying that you can't really create "realistic" weapon sounds in a game - The surrounding simply determines too much how a "weapon"/it's reverb tail sounds.

But generally speaking, I'm trying to create a soundmod that sounds as authentic and maybe even "realistic" as possible to me.

This means that when firing your gun, you'll hear lots of mechanics and that the actual discharge bang is based on the muzzle length and caliber.

(Meaning many weapons will sound similiar at distances)

Authentic and/or realistic is what I am looking for so it sounds good to me. I have a penchant for things that are as close to life as possible, more immersive :)

Thx

Yo folks!

A small update:

The F2000 and Stoner LMG aka MK200

Got some more stuff done, but my focus currently is on tweaking the volumes.

I'll probably end up lowering all environment and character sounds to get a proper soundscape, but damn, it'll be worth it! :)

Yo folks!

A small update:

The F2000 and Stoner LMG aka MK200

Got some more stuff done, but my focus currently is on tweaking the volumes.

I'll probably end up lowering all environment and character sounds to get a proper soundscape, but damn, it'll be worth it! :)

Nice work. The 40mm stood out to me in particular. Sounds great, although it feels to me a bit light, as a third person sound (?).

Yes, it could definately be worth looking into lowering environment sounds to have the firefights more room to breathe sound-wise. :)