laxemann

LAxemann's DynaSound: A new soundmod (+ public soundmod-framework)

Jeez. Not bad. Could use a little work but it's still good.

It's pretty damn good. I think most explosions in arma need more bass.

It's pretty damn good. I think most explosions in arma need more bass.

Not the Bass i'm worried about, it's the incoming sound just before the final "zeeoom - Bang". The final air screech is ok. The one before it needs a little work, it almost sounds... mechanical. What i mean by that is for example, in music, you have your real instrument, and you have one recorded with like... a cellphone. It almost sounds like it was recorded with a cellphone, but it's only that sound. It needs a bit more ambiance, or stereo. Gosh, why is this so hard for me to explain. Lol, you understand what i'm saying though right?

Just some inspiration footage for Mortar's and rocket sounds. I noticed the delay in between the final whizz and the boom, in the video you can tell there/s no delay. Not sure if that can be done, i havn't seen any other sound mods do a seamless sound like it yet.

(and Lax, if you listen closely, you can get an idea for a possible impact echo that would be sweet to add to L_ES)

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Not the Bass i'm worried about, it's the incoming sound just before the final "zeeoom - Bang". The final air screech is ok. The one before it needs a little work, it almost sounds... mechanical. What i mean by that is for example, in music, you have your real instrument, and you have one recorded with like... a cellphone. It almost sounds like it was recorded with a cellphone, but it's only that sound. It needs a bit more ambiance, or stereo. Gosh, why is this so hard for me to explain. Lol, you understand what i'm saying though right?

Yea although i think quite a lot of those sounds get lost in the explosion as they arrive after it hits. But I understand and its not easy to describe.

Don't worry, the rocket flying sounds are placeholders and were indeed recorded with a shitty mic... additionally, I timestretched and pitched it.

Complete destruction :D

This is for sure the sound mod I been waiting for!!

Sounds nice! I feel it lacks a tail though.

The Gau-8 usually is fired in quite a height, so there's no direct terrain the sound could get reflected off (= no real audible reverb).

This is why it sounds so clean in all the videos. :)

So what, youre trying to compete with LJ now ? :D

So what, youre trying to compete with LJ now ? :D

Nope, we live in peaceful co-existence and I'll still work in JSRS :D

Also, our soundmods both follow completely different concepts :)

So, what's a good sound combo in your opinion LAx? Dynasound+L_ES+DragonFyre? Also using RHS so I'm assuming it works well with these mods (since you made the new gun sounds for RHS v.3.5)?

Edited by samyG

So, what's a good sound combo in your opinion LAx? Dynasound+L_ES+DragonFyre? Also using RHS so I'm assuming it works well with these mods (since you made the new gun sounds for RHS v.3.5)?

If you wanna use them all together, the most logical solution would be to use the vehicle sounds from DFyre and the gun sounds from DynaSound since DynaSound will only change the weapon sounds (for now).

The Gau-8 usually is fired in quite a height, so there's no direct terrain the sound could get reflected off (= no real audible reverb).

This is why it sounds so clean in all the videos. :)

It's likely the lack of realistic jet sound reverb in Arma that makes it stick out to me.

Lax is this going to directly effect the distance sounds from other mods weapons as well? Meaning will their be some kind of speed of sound delay for every sound even those from other addons or is it just going to effect the vanilla weapons at this point? It sounds amazing and I'm hoping it functions as a full on sound simulation mod at some point. :) The distance and everything feels more real and not all the sounds are the same loudness which is what i love about it.

Lax is this going to directly effect the distance sounds from other mods weapons as well? Meaning will their be some kind of speed of sound delay for every sound even those from other addons or is it just going to effect the vanilla weapons at this point? It sounds amazing and I'm hoping it functions as a full on sound simulation mod at some point. :) The distance and everything feels more real and not all the sounds are the same loudness which is what i love about it.

Well, I'll only do soundsets for vanilla weapons, but if a mod weapon inherits from it (config/scripting stuff), then it will have the same effects.

Also, vanilla ArmA3 features speed of sound simulation, too, I just have to take it into account because of the distance scripts :D

//

Sooo guys, I did a quick recording for all the brrrrrrt-fans out there.

External sound slightly too loud there compared to engine noise...

I just discovered this thread, and I listened to the videos on the first page and here's some things that really shines, compared to other sound mods:

1. Good dynamic range

2. Good, and realistic low end "punch"

3. High fidelity sound samples

4. Good environmental effects

Both SoS Pure and Dragonfyre failed at all of these four points in my opinion. Not saying they are bad mods, but they are certainly not perfect. Maybe they are good on average gamer sound system, but I'm using reference class stuff, and they both come across as painfully low-fi into my ears.

External sound slightly too loud there compared to engine noise...

I agree with you but actually had to make it that loud so that the volume stays decent over a distance.

I figured this would be okey since you won't shoot that gun in external view when "actually" playing and all the other players will hear it with an appropriate volume. :)

Thanks for the kind words, dude!

Well, I'll only do soundsets for vanilla weapons, but if a mod weapon inherits from it (config/scripting stuff), then it will have the same effects.

Also, vanilla ArmA3 features speed of sound simulation, too, I just have to take it into account because of the distance scripts :D

//

Sooo guys, I did a quick recording for all the brrrrrrt-fans out there.

Very nice. I forgot that arma already has the speed of sound built into it. Either way I'm looking forward to hearing myself get shot at. :)

Hmmm, not sure about that one. Sounds like a short sound clip that's repeating itself - I can hear the start and end of the loop. Maybe try and make it a bit more seamless?

Here's what I mean in words (bear with me :p):

Current sound:

BrrrRrrrRrrr

Would be better if it was:

Brrrrrrr

Does that make sense? Probably not lol.