silola

X-Cam prototype map 1.0 released

oh i didn't see this, that's very unfortunate, is hard to make it work with a life mod, since the roads are pretty small and some arma 2 buildings have no interior etc, regardless i love this map, are you guys planning on making an updated version? like maybe add a city make roads wider? increase performance?

In short:

Update: maybe - probably not

Wider Roads: No

Increase Performance: No

The Map was neverever ment to be a performance map, as stated trillions of times! ... If you want more FPS, use the low density version.

And because we all like the narrow roads, those will not be changed. Also I dont think you know how much work this would be. But you can easily adjust your driving speeds then you should have less problems with the narrow roads... :P

• Like 1

@VengefulSpiritx

Listen and repeat Listen and repeat Listen and repeat Listen and repeat Listen and repeat

This was a DEMO for X-CAM Editor

If someone can play on this map --> that´s fine !

If someone ask´s to change this DEMO the answer will be NO and will be NO in the future because it´s just a DEMO

Hi there

Don't know where to ask, so i do it here ^^

Is that possible to make xCam objects we can see in the 2d editor compatible with curator module (AkA Zeus) ?

Thanks

hey, was it possible to import from visitor? ? Don't find anywhere that says how.

Wrong Thread, but you can copy your already placed objects, save them and then clear your map in TB. But you can't directly import from Visitor/TB.

Don't know if anyone still read this thread, but i'd like to thanks Silola for the map

We've run our server with xCam map, for two and half month, with pretty decent population

EUXsybG.png

We've figured a way to run it with the lite version of AiATerrain pack, overloaded with the Full HD AiATerrain pack for people who wants better textures resolution

Great work Silola for the map !

Thanks silola this is honestly the easiest and fastest way to place objects on any map! Your amazing

Many thanks. Have fun !!!

Silola

So, I have placed objects on the map. Saved the project. Then I export the mission as a Single mission. When I play the single mission all objects that I placed are gone.

What am I supposed to do?

In general, its an awesome mod. Saves me a lot of time and effort trying to place objects in the normal editor. Now I don't have to waste hours upon hours on that rubbish.

Wrong thread, but no matter.

To check the mission u have exported (for example on Altis), you need an empty mission folder first.

So, create a new mission folder within the mission directory. For example: TestMission.Altis

The second step is to copy the generated mission file into the new empty mission folder.

Make sure that the exported mission file is called "mission.sqm" otherwise the mission will not work.

(Maybe u have to rename the file).

Go back to the Arma mission editor and load the new mission (TestMission).

After the mission is loaded, zoom out to find the area with all the saved objects.

Near these objects insert a player unit an preview the mission, that's all :)

Silola

Wrong thread, but no matter.

To check the mission u have exported (for example on Altis), you need an empty mission folder first.

So, create a new mission folder within the mission directory. For example: TestMission.Altis

The second step is to copy the generated mission file into the new empty mission folder.

Make sure that the exported mission file is called "mission.sqm" otherwise the mission will not work.

(Maybe u have to rename the file).

Go back to the Arma mission editor and load the new mission (TestMission).

After the mission is loaded, zoom out to find the area with all the saved objects.

Near these objects insert a player unit an preview the mission, that's all :)

Silola

Oh, wrong thread indeed!

Well, I followed your advice and it worked thanks for the answer!

Someone help me? I'm having trouble I've done everything. I do everything in xcam installation, it opens it loads a bit and says '' Weapon 3 has stopped working ''.

Hey silola,

first of all i have to say i love your work, the x-cam tools and the maps you are making are stunning work, so incredibly detailed and i love playing on these maps.

i see this map as a great tool for some unit training and for that matter I want to create some designated training areas in the map for usage in my unit, now i was thinking of saving these into the map file but to do this i would like to ask your permission and if possible a link to the project file since this is ported out of visitor at the moment.

i sent you a pm aswell , hope to hear from you soon..

Offcourse i'll be using your wonderfull lovely x-cam toold

Hey silola,

first of all i have to say i love your work, the x-cam tools and the maps you are making are stunning work, so incredibly detailed and i love playing on these maps.

i see this map as a great tool for some unit training and for that matter I want to create some designated training areas in the map for usage in my unit, now i was thinking of saving these into the map file but to do this i would like to ask your permission and if possible a link to the project file since this is ported out of visitor at the moment.

i sent you a pm aswell , hope to hear from you soon..

Offcourse i'll be using your wonderfull lovely x-cam toold

Hi,

You talking about xcam prototype? xCam Editor? xcam taunus?

What do you mean with "now i was thinking of saving these into the map file but to do this i would like to ask your permission and if possible a link to the project file since this is ported out of visitor at the moment." ?

Sorry, but I don't understand your question :/

Silola

Hi,

You talking about xcam prototype? xCam Editor? xcam taunus?

What do you mean with "now i was thinking of saving these into the map file but to do this i would like to ask your permission and if possible a link to the project file since this is ported out of visitor at the moment." ?

Sorry, but I don't understand your question :/

Silola

sorry, i was talking about the prototype map,

and with your tutorials on X-cam editor you said that we have the option to save to mapbuilder file and then able to implement to the map and repack the whole thing, this is what i want to do but am failing at misserably..

any idea's ?

I have no idea why it is doing this but it used to crash every 4-6 minutes, then when installing the arma 3 aia patch it increased the time I could play till before it crashed normally 25 minutes if I use virtual arsenal or just running around my game completely freezes and crashes with STATUS_APPLICATION_HUNG.

I've tried LD and HD versions and configuring my settings makes no difference, I can provide RPT logs just PM me and I'll provide other info because this is really annoying as I can't play this beautiful map for longer that 25 minutes.

Dual 2.5 Ghz

4GB ram

1 GB nvidia old vid card

WIN7

Runs Pretty good on low distance settings also run arma at very low settings cause my puter sucks actually runs a lil Better then Altis main city actually runs better then Kavala

Hi, 

I just discovered that map a few weeks ago, very amazing work you did there.

We are trying to get it to work on an Exile server with a lot of mods to make the experience even better.

Performance does not seem to be an issue anymore since the last few updates and the pc hardware that keeps getting faster. I can get 50 fps on that map with 1000m object on a dual GTX670 System. Which is a little less than a single GTX970.

We seem to be running in some issues trying to run it using CUP Terrain Core instead of AIA Terrain pack. I would like to know if it's supposed to be compatible ?

Also, if it's not compatible, I would like to know if you would be open to discussion about me porting it to CUP Terrain Core and keeping it up to date.

I have a fairly decent amount of experience with arma 3 modding, a LOT of free time and 3 other people to give me a hand with that.

I would leave you all the credit of course and you could compile and sign it yourself.

Thanks for your work and for considering my offer.

Hi, 

I just discovered that map a few weeks ago, very amazing work you did there.

We are trying to get it to work on an Exile server with a lot of mods to make the experience even better.

Performance does not seem to be an issue anymore since the last few updates and the pc hardware that keeps getting faster. I can get 50 fps on that map with 1000m object on a dual GTX670 System. Which is a little less than a single GTX970.

We seem to be running in some issues trying to run it using CUP Terrain Core instead of AIA Terrain pack. I would like to know if it's supposed to be compatible ?

Also, if it's not compatible, I would like to know if you would be open to discussion about me porting it to CUP Terrain Core and keeping it up to date.

I have a fairly decent amount of experience with arma 3 modding, a LOT of free time and 3 other people to give me a hand with that.

I would leave you all the credit of course and you could compile and sign it yourself.

Thanks for your work and for considering my offer.

Hi patrix,

that's a good point, but no chance to get the source data ... sorry.

So maybe we will port the map to CUP after we have finished Taunus :)

Silola

Hi patrix,

that's a good point, but no chance to get the source data ... sorry.

So maybe we will port the map to CUP after we have finished Taunus :)

Silola

Thanks for your reply,

After further testing it seems that the map is currently fairly compatible with CUP.

Some minor errors on client side if NOLOGS it not in the launch parameters. Otherwise it is running fine so far with CUP Terrain Core.

Hi,

do you plan to spend some time to update this map with the new 1.60 light rendering ? Because even if this is a prototype and the new rendering sucks to you, it remains a really good map

zgmrvn ;)

• Like 1

Oh i almost forgot that map. I did updated the config, pm me if your intrested in testing it, so we can do a full update.

• Like 1

Finalizing the update including CUP support :wink_o:

7bfsv1Xh.png

IA82Zzmh.png

QiwYgZxh.png

3bhmjg6h.png

epvIFSYh.png

qJ735CKh.png

QBrbVNrh.png

• Like 11