silola

X-Cam prototype map 1.0 released

If it's stuck on the map screen then most likely there is a script or other init error. If it kicks you back to the lobby it usually means your server is not loading the required mods for the mission.

Since it's Life you are trying to run I'm going to guess the problem lies there.. prob a setting somewhere that needs changing on different maps.

Running a modded map is exactly the same as any other mod loaded on the server - add the folder to your -mod line ie: -mod=@CBA_A3;@name_of_map

Just to report a bug i'm experiencing. While in zeus mode, around the industrial complex area on the main island (eastern side of the map) my game freezes. I've tried to get an RPT error report for the thing, but the game's exe just hard locks.

This is a new arma profile, cba enabled/disabled, checked integrity of arma 3 cache, etc.

I'm using the LD version of the map, but this happens with the HD version as well. Also using the most current version of AiA (1-1-2015)

Here is a snippit of the RPT logs just in case

http://pastebin.com/77e708Mz

17:54:30 ca\misc\garbage_metal.p3d: house, config class missing
17:54:30 ca\misc_acr\shooting_range\shooting_range_acr.p3d: house, config class missing
17:54:32 ca\misc3\camonet_east_var1.p3d: house, config class missing
17:54:39 ca\misc_acr\scaffoldingsmall\misc_crossing30st_b.p3d: house, config class missing
17:54:49 ca\buildings\misc\vo_stara1.p3d: streetlamp, config class missing
17:54:49 ca\misc_acr\shooting_range\shooting_range_acr.p3d: house, config class missing
17:54:51 ca\misc_acr\scaffoldingsmall\misc_crossing0st.p3d: house, config class missing
17:54:51 ca\misc_acr\scaffoldingsmall\misc_crossing30st.p3d: house, config class missing
17:54:51 Bad simulation thing, type Land_Barrel_sand (class=house), ca\structures\misc\armory\barels\barrel_sand.p3d
17:54:56 ca\misc_e\wf\wf_heliport_tkg_ep1.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
17:54:58 a3\structures_f\training\target_popup_f.p3d: house, config class missing
17:54:58 a3\structures_f\training\target_popup_f.p3d: house, config class missing

I can come in from the southern side and get to the edge of the industrial complex, so my guess is something on the northern face gets loaded into view.

Here is a screen shot of the exact moment if freezes. I have a 500m draw distance with everything set to low, coming in from the south/east.

http://gyazo.com/b265fcce6e9a2c6c8be94a65abd99dcc

Edited by hellsan631

Just to report a bug i'm experiencing. While in zeus mode, around the industrial complex area on the main island (eastern side of the map) my game freezes. I've tried to get an RPT error report for the thing, but the game's exe just hard locks.

This is a new arma profile, cba enabled/disabled, checked integrity of arma 3 cache, etc.

I'm using the LD version of the map, but this happens with the HD version as well. Also using the most current version of AiA (1-1-2015)

[...]

I can come in from the southern side and get to the edge of the industrial complex, so my guess is something on the northern face gets loaded into view.

Here is a screen shot of the exact moment if freezes. I have a 500m draw distance with everything set to low, coming in from the south/east.

http://gyazo.com/b265fcce6e9a2c6c8be94a65abd99dcc

Have you downloaded the latest Hotfix for AiATP? I think that should fix your problem.

Frankly I'm amazed he's allowing you to use it with a Life server....*shudder*

Have you downloaded the latest Hotfix for AiATP? I think that should fix your problem.

Good looking out there. Problem fixed!

Guest HellGhost

Hi,

That's a really nice work.

I'm really perfectionnist on the selection of islands for ArmA II and ArmA III.

And your map is exactly what I want, nice geometry, no bad corners or strange things, just realistic.

I can't explore the whole island since here, but I'll do it, and actually I just really wait for starting to edit and create missions on this map.

Keep your motivation and method like this !

Thanks for your work.

EDIT : The game crash every time in a particular area, even if we load the map being in this area. I used Splendid Cam to explore.

No problems with the left bottom of the island, but when moving close to the center, especially in the area :

Coord : 026066

X : 2697.17m

Y : 6649.06m

Z : 12.941m

It's the group of houses from ArmA III with the garage.

Hope this can help.

Edited by HellGhost

Guest HellGhost

I have AiA since a many times and I always keep it updated.

I already have all the updates, yes.

And no, others map don't crash.

EDIT : Nice shot t-800a, you're right, this last update, I just missed it.

No more crash on Chernarus (don't know why I think that I don't have any, but can't really load it.)

I'll try again the Prototype cam.

Thanks !

Edited by HellGhost

The map is really good, with lots of detail, but maybe it have too many objets or something. For me the performance of the game in Prototype island is really poor. :(

... and that's exactly the reason for the "low density" version of the map.

We have also determined to release an additional LD (low density) version.

In this version all additional clutter objects, as well as small stones and bushes were removed.

This version should be suitable for small infantry fights in MP environment.

The additional LD version (low density) can be found in the folder [LD].

If You want to use the LD version then replace the xcam_prototype.pbo with the xcam_prototype_ld.pbo.

Greeting

Silola

Guest HellGhost

In my case, no performance drop in forests area, but real performances lost while in the air when near cities.

I use the Splendid Cam, so I'll try while using a car to moving.

Maybe I'll get better performance while staying at the ground level.

In the end, as stated several times, this map was not build for performance, but for good looking, shits & giggles and some x-cam tool testing.

Guest HellGhost

Yeah, but we just say that the map is really nice.

I'd like it because ther is a lot of details.

And it's a good map.

Hope that we can see more like it in the future.

Currently the community at Life revolution are using the map for a life mod and has been streamed multiple times on twitch, did you get in contact with them? i dont think they can modify anything on the map without your permission or they have no way to contact you guys.

Hello there, are we able to use this map say, to host a life server? me and a few friends are looking to set up a new life server different from altis and stratis life, iv downloaded the files but when trying to launch the server i get the following errors.

21:19:09 ManagerConfig()

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CAData'

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CAMisc'

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CAMisc2'

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CAMisc3'

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CABuildings'

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CABuildings2'

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CAStructures'

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CAStructures_E'

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CASigns2'

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CARoads2'

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CARocks2'

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CAA10'

21:19:29 Warning Message: Addon 'xCam_EU' requires addon 'CAAir'

Any help to solve these errors would be much recommended.

Hmm i 100% have the AiA TP as i play Epoch and Cherno, ill re download! but i can also access it threw the editor.

However now im getting this message when trying to join the server.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37488607869204357/D6BCDD97539F599B4089C3B79AE400E675D7A695/

Your sever is bisigned. Your client is running mods NOT signed on the server (not signed, means your server DOES NOT ALLOW THEM). I.e. the Server doesn't have THOSE specific mod keys.... If you read the error message it IS quite clear ? :-)

Any chance we can modify this map? like make the roads wider etc etc

I think floppy asked that alredy several times and the answer is simply no, we dont want it, please respect that.

I think floppy asked that alredy several times and the answer is simply no, we dont want it, please respect that.

oh i didn't see this, that's very unfortunate, is hard to make it work with a life mod, since the roads are pretty small and some arma 2 buildings have no interior etc, regardless i love this map, are you guys planning on making an updated version? like maybe add a city make roads wider? increase performance?

Your sever is bisigned. Your client is running mods NOT signed on the server (not signed, means your server DOES NOT ALLOW THEM). I.e. the Server doesn't have THOSE specific mod keys.... If you read the error message it IS quite clear ? :-)

Thanks for your reply @serjames

Ive placed Keys in the server keys file, i have no scooby what im doing wrong, any quick fixes or suggestions?