silola

X-Cam prototype map 1.0 released

Hi,

Please note that not only Silola has worked on this map. So the "thanks" has to go to the whole team ;-)

We know the problem. This is the price for the amount of detail. For this reason, we have also made a "low density" version.

Please try this version and tell us if You get better frames. If not ... You need to buy new hardware :p

Silola

My bad. Congratulations to the entire team for the incredible work :)

About the Ld file.

I have loaded the different Island. Fps went from 15 to 25 but I had Artifacts after 1\2 minutes: I had to stop playing. Never had them since Arma1...

YES! Time to break my gaming laptop!

EDIT: WOW.... Dude, it's SOOO detailed, and it didn't harm my fps AT ALL. I flew a heli, flew a jet, and now i'm about to do a little infantry combat. Outstanding work on the detail. Solid 9.5-10.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Using the HD map with no AI - I too had a solid 35 to 40 fps in build up areas

Bit of a beast PC mind so take my numbers with a pinch of salt

5960x at 4.5 + 2x GTX980's

Using the HD map with no AI - I too had a solid 35 to 40 fps in build up areas

Bit of a beast PC mind so take my numbers with a pinch of salt

5960x at 4.5 + 2x GTX980's

SLI is beyond useless on ArmA 3 but you CPU is saving you

well I forgot to add that I run at 4k super sampled ! so SLI does help ;-P

This... is... fucking... insane! Effin' work, guys!

Very very good work. A truly believable Arma map.

Performance on a 2600K and a GTX570 hovers around 40FPS with 1k viewdistance. Imminently playable if you keep the AI count relatively low.

Thanks to the whole team for a superb island.

Hi,

@all: many thanks for all the nice comments :)

We know, the performance is not the best, but it's a bit tricky to create detailed areas with good performance.

Silola

I'd love to see how a smaller map this detailed would work out. I've downloaded the map, but have yet to try it out. Not sure how big this map was, but if it was on the bigger scale, how easy would it be to shrink its size or split it into different versions? I understand bigger maps are greater for MP sessions and longer missions, but a smaller map with great performance is priceless for quick and dirty missions. Just some ideas.

Unless i'm totally wrong here and the size of maps have nothing to do with performance? It all about the # of objects and view distance?

Love this map. Only spent some time in woods and West City but it really had a distnict feel to it. Don't care about performance cause its so pretty :)

Was totally playable with a few infantry squads.

I keep getting an error when i launch it through the editor to preview the map, the roads are not loading for some odd reason. Could someone help me. Also Amazing job to you and your team for such and amazing map.

I keep getting an error when i launch it through the editor to preview the map, the roads are not loading for some odd reason. Could someone help me. Also Amazing job to you and your team for such and amazing map.

You probably missing some files, do you have all the needed addons loaded? latest AiA Tp version?

Otherwise check your RPT whats missing. (c:\users\your_computer_name_\appdata\local\arma 3)

that's what it is, i didn't have the AiA terrain pack. thanks for the reply i appreciate it.

Huge kudos to Silola, Atsche, Hotzenplotz, Sky, t-800a, MCPXXL, poolpunk and Heros for this incredible work of art. I hope you won't mind me posting this here, my intention being to demonstrate that, not only is the map beautiful and detailed, it is also a really well designed Arma map that is great to play the game on.

I've had to reduce the 'beauty' a little and I hope you forgive me for that, but I hope the video shows that small unit combat can be done on this map and can be really good. This particular fight really reminded me of the days after D-Day as the Allies were fighting door to door through beautiful French towns and countryside. Indeed, as you come from the West of West City you pass through vineyards and past châteaux into a distinctly French looking area of wide streets, leafy suburbs and grand houses. Watch in HD.

Nice video twangydave!! Thank You.

In the next video, please try to stay alive for a longer time so we have more fun ;)

Silola

Great map, I'm getting the error 'No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicleClasses.xCam_Woodworks_veh'.

Everytime I open the edit unit list/tool, any ideas?

To add unto that, once I've clicked away the error it won't show up until I save the mission and open the tool again, resulting in another error. So everytime I save, I get another error getting that edit tool up

Edited by Oksman

'No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicleClasses.xCam_Woodworks_veh'.

is a misconfiguration of the base class in the xCam_woodworks config, nothing dramatic, but thx for the hint, im sure poolpunk can fix that in any update.

It's not very dramatic but since I always save my game, I have to click away the error a lot, it wouldn't be so bad if I could press enter to remove the error but, Arma 3 insists on forcing me to click it with my mouse!

Hello im having a little problem when i run this mission in mp missions on dedicated server. It simply cant load up the mission just stuck at the "map screen" normally it has to do something with the scripts -- but its a vanilla version of altis life. plus i have changed the file in server.cfg and signatures.

Any idea?

Regards Theranger

Hello im having a little problem when i run this mission in mp missions on dedicated server. It simply cant load up the mission just stuck at the "map screen" normally it has to do something with the scripts -- but its a vanilla version of altis life. plus i have changed the file in server.cfg and signatures.

Any idea?

Regards Theranger

Search your RPT file for errors. This map works without any trouble in MP and SP.

Search your RPT file for errors. This map works without any trouble in MP and SP.

No RPT Errors whats so ever loaded up perfectly as well lol :3

EDIT: Still not working tho even without any errors weird?

Btw is there any video tutorials how to run "modded maps on servers" ?

* Cuz as far i know its pretty simple *

Put the folder in root - dedicated and my steamapps --- put keys in keys, change server.cfg create a mission in editor and done. right? :P

Edited by theranger12
im hot