silola

X-Cam prototype map 1.0 released

what a wonderfull holiday treat for the community!

A REALY BIG thank you to all involved in creating this map & (released when it ready TM) x-cam tools....the amount of hours you guys must have spent working on these amazing things, we arma players realy are blessed.

now go spend some well earned & much needed holiday time with your familys...(as if you need telling :D)cheers all...happy holidays

p.s

the amount amount of time it took me to post this due to correcting my alcohol indused spelling mistakes! :p

Edited by BiGGiBs
just because i can

Had a little flyover in a LB... Map is absolutely stunning...

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Foxhound & kecharles28 for download links :)

Merry Christmas

Silola

Question, let's say that we have on the server the classic version and someone is using low density version and someone not. Will there be problems?

I think not, but not tested ... sorry.

This is way way to much.......Vanilla Villa has working elevators complete with musak!!

Silola, you and your team are of the hook. Simply stunning.

Looks great, what a great piece of art you've produced!

This is just so impressive! Amazing work guys, also what was that about ponds not working in ArmA 3? This seems to have multiple water bodies above sea level.

EDIT - Ah wait of course they aren't swim-able still loving the pools and lagoons :D

Edited by Flax_

Yup. There's no words to describe how good this map looks, especially when you're used to ArmA 2 standards.

You guys can be proud. Would you be interested in some 4K ( downsampled to 1080p ) screenshots ?

Also i really hope you will end up releasing XCAM, especially when we see the results with this map. It would be a benefit for everyone and for every map.

Just too much glory, I zipped around the streets of the big city and everything looks as i imagine it would in real life. The amount of detail is stunning and I was going into the map thinking my potato PC would get 10fps it didn't fair too badly, flying over the big city with 0 AI I was on 25 fps while at street level I was on 40 fps. I play on ALL standard GFX settings and have a very bad PC, my CPU is the only thing holding it together and probably the only reason i can play Arma at above 30 fps.

The start of next year I am building a new PC since I CBF waiting for Broadwell anymore with Skylake just around the corner. I cannot wait to play this map on Ultra settings, right now i would even settle for seeing Shacktac play on this map and bring justice to its glory. I am going to have to melt my PC by staging a large inf battle in the big city at night.

Many Thanks ,

i hope you release the Xcam Dac project as soon as posibile.

Vielen Dank Leute, super Arbeit!

This thing is a work of art Silola. I especially love the pirate castle.

Map is great, its wonderful. But like some people mentioned, Performance is not very good (its Arma, who expect high frames? ^^)

I tried to play WholeLottaAltis on this map with a little bit reduced Ultra Settings (3500View/2000Object) and had mostly 20-30FPS. System was an 4690K @ 5,2Ghz (Compressorcooled by Mach2 GT & 770GTX SLI with 4GbVram each Card)

The low density version wasnt much better, but i really like the map.

wow. and double wow for that tool you used. pretty damn impressive result you and your team created. downlading now..

Thanks Silola for sharing your hard work...

Great Map but, at least for me, i Have some lag on it (Fps are dropped from 30 to Altis at 15 here).

And... of course...

Merry Christmas to you as well.

excuse me to repeat and repeat and repeat ... --> First post from Silola

We are pleased to announce that we have completed the X-Cam prototype map 1.0. Please note that this map is indeed a kind of a prototype.

The prototype map was not designed to play missions on there. In particular, vehicles have some problems to stay/drive on the roads,

because the density of objects in the immediate vicinity is too high.

ITS A SHOWCASE for the upcoming XCAM EDITOR --> maybe

Edited by MCPXXL

Hi,

Thanks Silola for sharing your hard work...

Please note that not only Silola has worked on this map. So the "thanks" has to go to the whole team ;-)

Great Map but, at least for me, i Have some lag on it (Fps are dropped from 30 to Altis at 15 here).

We know the problem. This is the price for the amount of detail. For this reason, we have also made a "low density" version.

Please try this version and tell us if You get better frames. If not ... You need to buy new hardware :p

Silola